“Love the Layout and the service” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Love the Layout and the service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We booked our stay through Hotels.com and received a fantastic rate, $101, for a king suite. (we called the hotel and they couldn't match or beat the rate.) The hotel appears to be very new. The room was extremely well laid out with a small frig in a very out-of-the-way location, a large screen tv that could be seen from anywhere in the room, a separate toilet with a sink, a large shower and sink, a desk with tall sliding glass windows separating the bed from the living area with a couch. The doors to the bathroom and toilet were pocket sliding doors that were very quiet to open and close. The staff were very friendly and helpful, including offering candy from a bowl on the desk and providing recommendations to eating establishments. Overall, it was one of the best rooms for the money I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
lgjacob,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review!

I am glad you found such great value in what we were able to offer. As many of our reveiwers comment, the layout of the rooms is unique to the brand and offers a lot for both families and business travelers alike.

The bowl of candy at a SpringHill Suites is a signature item for the Brand. The candy is called Chupa Chups. They are a fun little welcome item for guests.

Thanks for staying with us. If your travels bring you back to the area, please look us up again.

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. The room was a wonderful surprise. The pictures on here don't do it justice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. We will stay here again in the future.

Michael D,

I am so glad that we were able to surprise you with the furnishings and layout of the suites! The layout is tough to emmulate in pictures.

Complimentary Breakfast is a big part of the experience weoffer and I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy it. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

The SpringHill Suites Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family loves Springhill suites! Mr. Singh gave us instant directions to all the local restaurants and attractions. The hotel is beautiful and so well maintained!!! The staff is wonderful and takes care of every need. The extras at Springhill Suites are fabulous! !

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sherri T,

Thanks for your loyalty and for your enthusiasm of the SpringHill Brand.

Parminder has been a great addition to the team here at the SprinHill Suites Columbia and brings a great love for what he does to the team! Our team takes great pride in the maintenance and clealiness of the hotel! They appreciate when their efforts are acknowledged by our guests!

Thanks for taking the time to complete the review and please come back again when your travels bring you back to the Columbia/Baltimore area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family loved our room. I had to change rooms twice because of our toddler's. The assistant general manager Mr. Singh was soo understanding. Very courteous and showed patients. I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Know if there a groups, such a basketball team or any group that may be noisy on you floor. If there...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
6910 FunSun,

Glad you had a nice stay and Mr. Singh was able to take good care of you. He is absolutely terrific with our guest (little ones too).

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. When your travels bring you back to the area, we would love to have you back at the SpringHill Suites Columbia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I never write reviews of ANYTHING. After staying at the Springhill Suites on my way through the Baltimore area, I realized that I really had to let people know about the staff at this extended stay hotel.

As others might have indicated, the location is great. You're as close to Baltimore as you'd ever want to be and about a mile from a Starbucks and Wegmans.... so there's that.

The room was fine. Nothing remarkable; but exactly what you expect for the price. No complaints here.

But the draw here is the kind, hardworking staff. You'll notice that everyone working there is professional and friendly. I actually lost a piece of luggage while I was packing up to leave one morning and the property manager (Parminder Singh... I may have first name wrong) was a huge help. I was pleasantly shocked at the amount of time and attention he paid to help a former guest recover some very important property.

If you're in need of a place to stay near Columbia, you won't do any better than SprinHill Suites. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Timothy W,

Thanks for the great review! Convenience to Baltimore, DC and Annapolis continue to be a common thread with recent reviews. I had really never appreciated how convenient we are until now.

Starbucks, Wegman's and the plethora of restaurants nearby only add to the convenience.

Parminder and the team are great as well! I appreciate you acknowledging the extra effort that they put forth. Everyone loves a litle recognition and I appreciate you recognizing them.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This Springhill Suites Hotel is well-appointed and well-maintained. The staff was super friendly and attentative. The rooms are clean and spacious. I like the separate areas in the rooms. Bath and toilet areas are separate and there is a sitting area and a desk area away from the bed. It feels like a mini apartment! The breakfast was fresh and delicious. I was so glad I booked here instead of the over-priced hotels downtown Baltimore. It was worth the drive into the city to have such pleasant surroundings! (only 20 minutes to the Inner Harbor)

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good. No noise issues to worry about.
Green Features: They have a main switch at the door that turns off all lights at once so you don't accidentally leave one on.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rosemary C,

Thanks for staying with us earlier this month and posting a reveiw on TripAdvisor!

More and more, we are hearing about how convenient we are to Baltimore, DC and Annapolis. I am thrilled things worked out so well for you and you found a good value in our SpringHill Suites Columbia.

Oversized rooms (Suites), the seperate shower/toilet areas and the sitting room portion of the room are all distinct items that define the room of a SpringHill.

Please come back and stay with us in the future as your travels bring you back to the greater Baltimore area.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here July 8th, and it was my first time experiencing a SpringHill Suites. It was clean, modern, and I liked the room layout. The most impressive part of my staying here was that I accidentally left an irreplaceable pair of earrings in the room and I got a return call the next day from Parminder Singh, the assistant GM saying they had my earrings - I now have them back as the hotel sent them to me fed ex. I am so very happy for the great service and honesty of the staff and management. I highly recommend this hotel! (Thank you)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
FlaGirl0616,

Thanks for posting about your recent experiences with our SpringHill Suites Columbia.

Parminder is a great asset to the hotel and honesty and integrity are critical elements to our culture here. I am glad you got you earings back and appraciate you recommendation of our hotel!

Thanks for staying with us and please come back when your travels bring you back to Columbia!

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!