“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very nice room - spacious, good working desk, nice shower, good lighting.
My only complaint is the Ridiculously thin "comforter" that feels more like a bed sheet! Feels Cheap and skimpy. Terrible! Asked for a second comforter and that changed everything.
Very friendly staff! Would stay again - with second comforter on the bed!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel has one of the best continental breakfasts ever: while the scrambled eggs were okay, the ham was excellent. They also served a nice variety of cheese and fruit; and excellent (not instant) oatmeal with all the fixin's, i.e. brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut, and walnuts. One morning, they served home fries, but it might have been a St. Patrick's Day special, I'm not sure. Staff was unbelievably helpful. For example, we had gotten snowed in, and both the hotel manager, Mr. Singh, and Rhonda at the front desk offered to clear off our van and to offload and transport our luggage. This is exceptional!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
James L.,

Thanks for your wonderful review. We have a great team and your remarks about Rhonda and Mr. Singh are appreciated and will be shared with them.

The new Breakfast program has been incredibly well recieved by our guests and you are one that really enjoyed some of the new aspects. The Ham and fresh Oatmeal are very popular! I am glad you enjoyed them.

Thank you for coosing to stay with us. We hope you come back soon Chuck Chandler
Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this location for a soccer tournament. The hotel was clean. Rooms were a great size.
I did think the actual breakfast area where the food was displayed was very confined. Because everything is in one long line when it's busy there is just a clump of people bouncing off each other. Even the breakfast staff spent time just kind of standing in the walkway because of the tight area. There are plenty of areas to sit.
The hotel windows open. This is not a common feature. I didn't notice until the morning. We were on the ground floor. Our window was unlocked. This was definitely a safety concern to me. I would not have wanted an uninvited guest. Of course on a higher floor this could be an issue if traveling with kids. So check your window.
The nicest thing about the hotel was the staff. Each and every person I came in contact with was so nice, helpful, and genuine.

Stayed March 2014
Laura O.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Your comments are appreciated and will be addressed with our team. Particularly, we are concerned regarding the guest safety implications of the windows missing the safety stops. You are absolutley correct with the first floor and the higher floor concerns. Our Engineering team has re-installed the stops that were missing.

The scramble set-up for the breakfast line can be a lttle difficult when we have large groups of individuals come down at the same time, though we try to accomodate for that with ensuring the food is refilled often.

As your travels bring you back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites! Chuck Chandler
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Although 90% of the time I stay and prefer full-service brands. I booked a Saturday night stay at this SpringHill because my conference hotel had no availability for my first night in town. I was so impressed with the friendly check-in person who happened to be the AGM. He was very friendly, organized and so professional when asked questions about the area. He was leaving to manage the hotel next door with the same company. It must have been a promotion because he was very astute and professional. The room lay-out was outstanding, the housekeeping was great and the "market" for food purchases and other incidentals was well stocked, fairly priced and has useful items to purchase. Great hotel and experience.

Room Tip: The hotel does not really have any "Views", but I liked my first floor unit on the end.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bryan S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff, and Alex, our former AGM. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was surprised by how cheerful and spotlessly clean the hotel is. Very efficient staff and great breakfast. Conveniently located. The bed was super comfy. Attention to small details makes this hotel stand out. Will definitely stay again.

The only downside is the AC - it revs up every hour or so and makes a lot of noise. Can be a problem with light sleepers.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the odd-numbered rooms in the left wing as you enter the hallway from the elevato...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience, so thank you for your feedback, as it is extremely valuable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Rawlings, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I needed a hotel for one night, close to the location of a training conference I was leading the next day, & found this one. It's my new favorite in the Columbia area. I was sharing the room with another conference leader & we loved the fact that the bathroom area was split in two & there was a sink & mirror in each areas. Made it so much easier to get ready the next morning. The staff was very friendly & the breakfast was excellent. The only negative was that the bed was a little hard for my tastes. But overall, an excellent experience!

Randallstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We are from Maryland but we like to stay at random hotels for fun. Well I must say this place was very immaculate. The staff was amazing and even took time to call cooperate to find out where they bought the chandeliers. I love that the toilet is separated from the shower. The only thing I did not like was that the sausage taste like they weren't fully cooked. Other than that we will randomly visit again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!