“Great hotel for price” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Great hotel for price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the rev3 half full triathlon.

The only thing that i noticed in the immediate location of the hotel was a kfc and a popular book store.

The in laws were happy to find out that there is a casino and an outlet mall located about 10 miles away.

Rooms were very clean and spacious.

Everyone was happy with the breakfast. If you are coming for the race they had a breakfast packed for those leaving earlier than the 7am serving time.

I paid 99 a night, booked about 6mos before staying

If i come back to the area i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have no problem saying this is the best 3 star hotel I've ever stayed at. I've stayed at a Spring Hill Suites hotel twice now and this is one of the best mid-level brands out there. The hotel is easy to get to and close to many restaurants in the area. I was greeted at check in by a very helpful and pleasant front desk person. My fourth floor room was extremely clean and well appointed. I like how the desk also serves as a divider between the living area and the bed. The shower area and toilet are actually separate which I thought was a little weird, but was not a problem. Both of them had their own sink. My one and only minor complaint about this hotel has to do with the TV. They apparently use Dish Network as their provider and there were a few channels that frequently cut out and made some shows unwatchable. I didn't watch that much TV so this wasn't a big deal for me. There is a free breakfast served that is your typical hotel continental breakfast. For other places to eat in the area, this may sound strange but I recommend trying the food buffet bars at Wegman's grocery store. We don’t have one of those here and the food and range of selection was fantastic. Also try the Silver Diner, which is a little further away in Laurel, but worth the trip. It is a 50s diner theme and serve breakfast (all day!) as well as burgers, etc. I will certainly return to this hotel and will recommend it to others in my company who travel to the area. Excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Borgosesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am travelling 2-3 times a year down to USA and this is definetely one of the best place I have reserved .
Clean rooms with large space , toilette separated from bathroom, small space for fast kitchen as well for home-office. Great , fast and gentle service at the reception. Breakfast included but space is limited when the hotel is full. I will return when I will be around also if cost is 20% higher than others!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My business colleagues usually handle accommodations for our itinerant business meetings. Last minute arrangements left us with limited options. This hotel proved to be convenient to the airport. Fourth floor rooms have built-in desks that are perfect for working throughout the day. When we needed to meet the conference room on the first floor was well outfitted for the task. There's good dining in the vicinity, as well as major thoroughfares to all local destinations, though rush hour traffic can be oppressive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great modern, clean lobby and rooms with free breakfast, indoor pool, free parking. It is next to Hampton inn. Near KFC fast food and great Pho Vietnamese restaurant An Loi. Quiet, out of the way hotel, twenty minutes from BWI. Near golf courses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bryan S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear PickyReno, I'm pleased to hear that you had a great. I will share your comments with our team as I am very proud of them and there continued service. We are fortunate to be in an area surrounded by all different restaurant establishments and great grocery stores. We look forward to your next visit in the Columbia area.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time as i had to be at my office early that is nearby. I usually stay at the Springhill Suites in Annapolis.

The place is a few years old and is the new Springhill design. The lobby is very sleek and modern. What I don't like is that the lighting in the rooms, particularly above the bed, is horrible. It feels just like a hospital and the green walls add to that feel. It just doesn't feel warm which is why I avoid these newer designed Springhills.

Other than my dislike, this hotel was solid in the facility and service. If they adjusted the lighting i would make this a regular stop.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim C, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I myself have been here just a few weeks and can understand your frustration with the "master switch" in the rooms. I myself took a little while to get use to the lighting in the rooms. We certainely appreciate your feedback and are continuing to work with our inhouse maintenance team to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay every day. We loook forward to your visit again next time in town. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I broke my glasses and was therefore unable to read anything. I took them to the front desk and came back a while later. Like the shoemaker's elves, the work had been done in my absence and my glasses were as good as new. Thanks RHONDA for the help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear, Francesca 7035, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel team memeber Rhonda, I myself have been here just a few weeks and can already see what a tremendous asset Rhonda is to our hotel. I have shared your comments with Rhonda and our front desk team so that all will continue to exemplify the same can do attitude that they do every day! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in the area.

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!