“Great for business travellers” 4 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Borgosesia
“Great for business travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am travelling 2-3 times a year down to USA and this is definetely one of the best place I have reserved .
Clean rooms with large space , toilette separated from bathroom, small space for fast kitchen as well for home-office. Great , fast and gentle service at the reception. Breakfast included but space is limited when the hotel is full. I will return when I will be around also if cost is 20% higher than others!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My business colleagues usually handle accommodations for our itinerant business meetings. Last minute arrangements left us with limited options. This hotel proved to be convenient to the airport. Fourth floor rooms have built-in desks that are perfect for working throughout the day. When we needed to meet the conference room on the first floor was well outfitted for the task. There's good dining in the vicinity, as well as major thoroughfares to all local destinations, though rush hour traffic can be oppressive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great modern, clean lobby and rooms with free breakfast, indoor pool, free parking. It is next to Hampton inn. Near KFC fast food and great Pho Vietnamese restaurant An Loi. Quiet, out of the way hotel, twenty minutes from BWI. Near golf courses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bryan S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear PickyReno, I'm pleased to hear that you had a great. I will share your comments with our team as I am very proud of them and there continued service. We are fortunate to be in an area surrounded by all different restaurant establishments and great grocery stores. We look forward to your next visit in the Columbia area.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time as i had to be at my office early that is nearby. I usually stay at the Springhill Suites in Annapolis.

The place is a few years old and is the new Springhill design. The lobby is very sleek and modern. What I don't like is that the lighting in the rooms, particularly above the bed, is horrible. It feels just like a hospital and the green walls add to that feel. It just doesn't feel warm which is why I avoid these newer designed Springhills.

Other than my dislike, this hotel was solid in the facility and service. If they adjusted the lighting i would make this a regular stop.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim C, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I myself have been here just a few weeks and can understand your frustration with the "master switch" in the rooms. I myself took a little while to get use to the lighting in the rooms. We certainely appreciate your feedback and are continuing to work with our inhouse maintenance team to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay every day. We loook forward to your visit again next time in town. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I broke my glasses and was therefore unable to read anything. I took them to the front desk and came back a while later. Like the shoemaker's elves, the work had been done in my absence and my glasses were as good as new. Thanks RHONDA for the help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear, Francesca 7035, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel team memeber Rhonda, I myself have been here just a few weeks and can already see what a tremendous asset Rhonda is to our hotel. I have shared your comments with Rhonda and our front desk team so that all will continue to exemplify the same can do attitude that they do every day! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in the area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel from Friday to Sunday I noticed that on Sunday morning I had a red bump on my face I didn't think much of it, I traveled back to VA my face was itching on and off again didn't think much of it, Monday morning I get up and the bump was bigger,red, raised up and really itching, then there was another bump on my hand red, raised and itching by that afternoon there was another one on my forearm red, raised and itching. I work at a doctors office and went down to see the doctor, she asked had I changed anything, or ate anything different? no I didn't I explained to her as a breast cancer survivor I'm very carfeul as to what I put on my skin, didn't wash my clothes I was there for the weekend so my clothes were clean, and I ate nothing different... I told her the only thing I did different is go visit my cousin and we stayed in a hotel. She examined the raised, bumpy, red area. She showed me the one on my hand that had smaller bumps within the bigger red, raised area she felt that it was bed bug bites she said there's no treatment she perscribed a cream for the itching and told me to take Benadryl in case anymore areas come up. I'm very miserable I itch all over. I have never experienced anything like this in my 43 years of life. I will be making a complaint further. On a positive note because I'm not one to not give credit where credit is due. The hotel was beautiful, the breakfast was wonderful, the staff was great! One thing I didn't like was the day of check out the cleaning staff knocked on the door before 10:30am asking about checking out mind you check out time is at 12:00. I get that they may want to get off early, and the quicker you clean your rooms the quicker you go home...I don't know but it's very rude to disturb someone an hour in a half before check out as if your being rushed out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bryan S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We respond to all feedback and concerns very seriously and treat them all thoroughly, specifically ones that are related to bed bugs. Our hotel has a strong relationship with Steritech, a nationally recognized pest control company, who is on call with us 7 days a week for preventive measures, treatment and inspections. Steritech was at our hotel the very next afternoon and completed a professional inspection of the room and fortunately did not find any evidence of bed bugs. We have forwarded you a copy of that service ticket to your email address we have on file. We are very happy that since we opened, we have not had any confirmed instances of bed bugs. Thank you again for your feedback, this serves as a reminder that the ongoing training programs we have here at the hotel are very important.
Calabash, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

VERY modern décor. Took us a bit to warm up to it, but we wound up liking it very much. Liked having a sitting area. Very clean and well maintained. Friendly & helpful staff. Many restaurants within a few miles. Great for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!