“Good value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Second visit to this hotel. Contemporary furnishings. Very clean, spacious rooms. Good working area. Breakfast is included. Ted, the General Manager, greeted us and checked us in. He was very professional and we definitely felt welcome. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Decided to get out of the area for awhile, this hotel looked nice. Booked online for a weekend stay and boy I was pleased. First impression was a bit modern but clean. Girl at front desk was very nice and helpful. The indoor pool was bit small but clean, not many people used it when I was there so not much of an issue. The fitness gym was also small, two treadmills, one stationary bike, some dumbbells, it would do the job if need be. Room was one of the nicest I stayed at, especially for the price. Nice desk with a couch and a really comfortable firm bed. Free wireless internet. The free breakfast was great, had a bit of everything. I would recommend this to anyone. If i'm in the area again I will be going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
North Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at Marriotts throughout our trip to Florida and thought this one had a great room lay out. The bath/shower is separate from the tiolet with vanity sinks in each room. The computer desk work area seems slightly larger and more comfortable than most and every thing seemed fresh. Breakfast is included which is always nice. We received two separate calls to make sure we were happy with everything. With so many hotels competing at each stop, this one found a way to stand out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed there this weekend, and have nothing but great things to say. We chose the hotel for the reviews and great rate as we were going to a friend's housewarming party and didn't need a ton of amenities.

The king suite has a large sectional couch in a living area separated by a desk with a floor to ceiling section that opens up to the bedroom. There is one bathroom with a small sink and toilet, and the other with a vanity sink and shower. The flat screen is on a swivel so it can be easily seen from the bed or couch. The bed was very comfortable.

Staff was incredibly nice. They have a small "market" by the front desk with beer, wine, snacks, water, ice cream and frozen foods like stouffers mac and cheese, pizza and pot pies (all rooms have fridge and microwave). The free breakfast has something for everyone from yogurt, fresh fruit, sausage, waffles, muffins, etc...it was all really good.

Across the street is a shopping center with KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, an Exxon convenience store and I think a Chinese restaurant, and just a mile or so away are several other restaurants (and Bertucci's delivers there).

I can't think of another hotel in this price range I've been so happy with. We actually debated staying another night just to relax because it was comfortable, quiet and very clean!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Right from the moment we called to book a room to the moment we checked out - our experience was one word awesome!

We have been travelling across the states for a couple of weeks now on a family vacation. So the excitement of hotel stays with our young kids (5/8yr) was wearing off. When we arrived here - what a refreshing experience! The hotel was very new age, the room was huge and very well layed out - giving everyone their space to relax for a good nights sleep.

An hour after arriving we received a call asking if we had all we needed and were satisfied with our room - yes & yes!!

After a swim and great sleep ...

Breakfast was included - and delicious! Everyone in our family loved the food !

In summary - this hotel was refreshing to stay at not just because of the new age look - but because their whole team demonstrated how much they cared!

Thanks - you have the bar high for our future stays!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's always nice to encounter a friendly face after a long day of travel, meetings, and still more to do after that. I checked in around 4PM. I didn't catch the name of the gentleman at the front desk, but he was a really nice guy and very helpful. He saw I was pretty wiped out and he directed me to the fresh brewed coffee near the registration desk. Man, that was just what I needed. He asked me what my plans were for dinner and showed me a drawer full of menus from places that deliver. And then he gave me a coupon for a free app from one of them. I told him about a place someone had recommended. He didn't know the place off hand, but came over to me after about ten minutes with information he had looked up and printed out for me. I think that kind of customer focus goes above and beyond and truly deserves the label "excellent".

I saw three different front desk crews during my stay and they were all very nice and helpful. Even the maintenance man inquired about my day.

The room was very nice. It was contemporary and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't do anything in it but sleep, but I slept like a baby

The only negative I have for the hotel is that while there are restaurants nearby, there are none within a short walk. It's just a touch isolated. But that, in and of itself, is a pretty small thing.

I'm headed back in a couple of weeks. I'll be staying there again.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barrington, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here on business and was very impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness of the hotel. There are restaurants in a plaza across the street and plenty of other eating establishments near by. There is a complimentary breakfast from 6-9:30am and a pool. The only negative I saw was that none of the fitness equipment was in working order and I like to exercise. If that doesn't matter than I would highly recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!