“Amazing place. - we will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Gas Card Deal!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Barrie
“Amazing place. - we will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Right from the moment we called to book a room to the moment we checked out - our experience was one word awesome!

We have been travelling across the states for a couple of weeks now on a family vacation. So the excitement of hotel stays with our young kids (5/8yr) was wearing off. When we arrived here - what a refreshing experience! The hotel was very new age, the room was huge and very well layed out - giving everyone their space to relax for a good nights sleep.

An hour after arriving we received a call asking if we had all we needed and were satisfied with our room - yes & yes!!

After a swim and great sleep ...

Breakfast was included - and delicious! Everyone in our family loved the food !

In summary - this hotel was refreshing to stay at not just because of the new age look - but because their whole team demonstrated how much they cared!

Thanks - you have the bar high for our future stays!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's always nice to encounter a friendly face after a long day of travel, meetings, and still more to do after that. I checked in around 4PM. I didn't catch the name of the gentleman at the front desk, but he was a really nice guy and very helpful. He saw I was pretty wiped out and he directed me to the fresh brewed coffee near the registration desk. Man, that was just what I needed. He asked me what my plans were for dinner and showed me a drawer full of menus from places that deliver. And then he gave me a coupon for a free app from one of them. I told him about a place someone had recommended. He didn't know the place off hand, but came over to me after about ten minutes with information he had looked up and printed out for me. I think that kind of customer focus goes above and beyond and truly deserves the label "excellent".

I saw three different front desk crews during my stay and they were all very nice and helpful. Even the maintenance man inquired about my day.

The room was very nice. It was contemporary and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't do anything in it but sleep, but I slept like a baby

The only negative I have for the hotel is that while there are restaurants nearby, there are none within a short walk. It's just a touch isolated. But that, in and of itself, is a pretty small thing.

I'm headed back in a couple of weeks. I'll be staying there again.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barrington, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here on business and was very impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness of the hotel. There are restaurants in a plaza across the street and plenty of other eating establishments near by. There is a complimentary breakfast from 6-9:30am and a pool. The only negative I saw was that none of the fitness equipment was in working order and I like to exercise. If that doesn't matter than I would highly recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed one night for Christmas Eve. The hotel was very contemporary and was tucked away with a Hampton Inn next to it. Rhonda welcomed us at the desk when myself and my family of 4 arrived. She was very upbeat and nice! The room was well appointed and spacious. The breakfast was fantastic, with everything you could want. I cannot wait to come back for another visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very nice 3 year old facility. Decor is very contemporary And very clean but walls were pretty thin. Only real negative was the breakfast area. It was not done well here. There was no spray for the waffle maker so the waffles stick to the iron and guests struggled to remove them. They also ran out of batter. No hot chocolate with the hot drinks (it's December). The attendant was unable to keep up with cleaning the tables as the guests left. That said I'd recommend for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Avon, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,767 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family of four stayed in a suite while visiting Baltimore and before continuing on to Annapolis. The hotel is very modern and our room was spacious and clean. A ‘living area” with desk, couch, chairs, desk, TV, microwave, etc was separated enough from the rest of the room to allow some to rest comfortably while others stayed-up. The morning complimentary breakfast was excellent with many choices, very popular and quite crowded as a result but the staff kept it well stocked. Hotels in the area tend to be quite expensive but this hotel is lower in cost than many of the other options and proved to be a great value. The location was excellent for easy day trips to Baltimore and convenient for continuing on to Annapolis when traveling from the west by car. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've stayed here probably a half dozen times in the last year. It's clean, the breakfast is easy and the wifi is free. I like the modern style of the rooms, free popcorn in the afternoon/evening and the cooler in the lobby. Not a high end property, but great for me as a business traveller.

Room Tip: I like the first floor because the elevators are a bit slow.