“Splendid Inn - Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Inn at Peralynna

You added Columbia Inn at Peralynna to your Saves list
Columbia Inn at Peralynna
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   10605 Route 108, Columbia, MD 21044 (Formerly Columbia Suites at Peralynna)   |
Special Offer
Free Amenity
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbia B&B and Inns
Salisbury, Maryland
“Splendid Inn - Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a pleasant surprise hidden in Columbia. As a seasoned business traveler, I wanted something different for my weekly stays when traveling. Columbia Inn at Peralynna has become my home away from home since early summer and I have no desire to return to hotel chains. With unique, relaxing rooms and quiet, friendly great room it has become easy to make new friends and enjoy evening refreshments. Hats off to the owners and staff of this speculator Inn for exceeding my expectations week and week. I encourage you to give them a try and enjoy the inviting atmosphere during the holiday season.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed there with a larger group this year (9ppl). We rented out two of the basement rooms
First the good:
-the owner was very accommodating in getting us the space we needed. She gave us information about the surrounding area and took the time to answer all my questions.
-early check in was no problem. front desk staff was friendly and responsive.
-breakfast was very good. They were training a new cook and I could tell our larger group was taxing their capacity (we tried to not order all at once). But the staff were very nice and the food was good.
-afternoon wine and morning coffee were nice touches and we really enjoyed sitting out back on the deck.
Needs Improvement:
-the building needs work. Our rooms downstairs were musty and in need of repair. There were large water stains on the acoustic tile ceiling in our room. See picture. In the other room the linoleum was missing in large patches leaving concrete exposed underneath. Some of the furniture was broken; upholstery torn. Walking around the side of the building, part of the wall is literally missing and you could see into a room that was clearly not being used.
-housing keeping staff could use some training. When we arrived one of the staff was sitting on the outside stairs eating a sandwich, engaged with his smartphone. My friend, baby on her hip and suitcase in the other walked up the stairs and was struggling to open the door. She was clearly about to drop something so I jogged across the parking lot to help her in the door. The employee never even looked up from his phone. We had an early check in and I imagine he was on his lunch break and perhaps felt he was "off the clock"- no worries. But I would suggest having employees not take their breaks so publicly; it made for an awkward moment and a bad first impression.

I felt bad because I could tell most of the staff and the owners were well meaning and committed to the business. If these were small issues, like we needed more towels or the shower didn't get very hot I would have said something at the time and I'm sure they would have responded. But the building just needs attention. Perhaps the upstairs rooms are in better shape.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
East Canaan, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was serendipity that we spent a night at Peralynna Inn. What a pleasant experience! This B & B is beautiful, unique, and has an intriguing story. Stay here and learn its history.

We were warmly greeted by Cynthia and David despite arriving rather late. Our late arrival was due to a booking problem at another facility. Peralynna Inn owners stepped up and honored their reservation.

We are telling everyone about your wonderful inn. Although our stay was brief, all your staff were so kind and attentive.

We stayed here November 30th. Thank you so much for your hospitality.
Perry and Sandy

P.S. The bed was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Perry and Sandy,
Thank you for this wonderful review. We truly loved having you as our guest, and we hope that you will stay with us again soon. Our history is very fascinating, and we are thrilled we got to share it with you. We hope to share more stories with you upon your return. Thank you again for your kind words.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Even though we live in Columbia, my wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at The Inn. It was perfect. The rates are quite reasonable and the accommodations charming. The staff was helpful and friendly. We requested a bubble bath and candles (extra charge) and were not disappointed. The afternoon wine and cheese is delightful and the free breakfast is excellent. We plan to visit again but during warmer weather. Though there is plenty to do indoors (game room, library), the outdoor decks and surrounding area are inviting.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for this wonderful review! We love when locals stay with us, it really does make for an amazing weekend away no matter where you live. We look forward to your return and providing you with the same great service and luxury you deserve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I spent a night at Peralynna Inn and loved every minute of it! It was the perfect place for us to stay- the staff was wonderful and we had a quiet setting to just spend catching up all evening over appetizers and wine. I cannot go without mentioning the breakfast- a wonderful grandma gone chef cooked for us- phenomenal french toast. They really took us in and we would jump at the chance to go back!

Room Tip: Their website has a great view of each room. My recommendation is to pay the extra 20-30 bucks and g...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind review. You and your boyfriend were truly wonderful guests, and we look forward to your return. We agree, the jacuzzi rooms can really make a difference in your stay! All of our suites are unique, and we hope you get to experience another luxury night away in a different suite with us soon.
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I love to go to Washington, DC, and my husband loves to research bed and breakfasts on the internet. So when we had an opportunity to meet friends and relatives there recently, we were delighted. We were concerned at first about space and distance, but the inn is just right and we had a choice of the train and metro near at hand and the inn looked so inviting. We arrived first and got a welcome and a tour of rooms of different shapes and sizes—bedrooms, dining room, library, nooks and crannies. And everywhere I looked, it seemed I looked again and thought “how interesting” or “I never thought of that” or “what a good idea” or “this feels like home.” Especially in the library at night when we had our war councils and planned our next day and put up our tired feet and drank a glass of wine, it felt like home—only more so. And what happened when we ran into problems or questions we couldn’t answer? We went to breakfast and asked them (in between breakfast things like coffee and toast and bagels and omelets and honey) to solve our conundrums and they would—again and again. I love to go to DC, and I know where I’m staying next time!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thank you so very much. We are thrilled to read this wonderful review. We take so much pride in our bed and breakfast, and we truly treasure guests like you. We look forward to your return soon!
Landover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Spectacular visit, my second. Stayed in the basement family room the first time and in the R Suite this time. Apparently some renovations were done but are not yet completed in this suite. None the less the suite suited my purpose perfectly. Staff and food were great. Would like to send a special thank you to Sabrina for making my staff better than expected. Sabrina your help went a long way to enhance the spark in my new relationship. All thumbs up. Will stay again soon, hopefully in one of the more luxurious suites. Thanks again, Sabrina, Cindy, David and Michael(?) sorry if I got the name wrong. I love B&Bs and so far this is one in the top 5 on my list in the Maryland area.

Room Tip: Be sure to look for two white brick pillars for the entrance to the property. The street is very na...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Thank you for this beautiful review. We take great pride in your review as we work very hard to provide this superior service to all of our guests. I will be sure to share this review with Sabrina and the entire staff. We look forward to your return soon.

Been to Columbia Inn at Peralynna? Share your experiences!