“Fun evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Inn at Peralynna

Save Saved
You added Columbia Inn at Peralynna to your Saves list
Columbia Inn at Peralynna
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   10605 Route 108, Columbia, MD 21044 (Formerly Columbia Suites at Peralynna)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbia B&B and Inns
Columbia, MD
“Fun evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We went to one of the dinner dances held at this establishment. We sat at a table with other couples, listening and dancing to the music of a mostly the sixties sung by a couple with great voices. We had appetizers first and dinner later. Wine and other drinks were available all evening. The meals and drinks are served buffet style. The food was good and plentiful and I would definitely do it again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for such a kind and wonderful review of our dinner event. Our entire team works very hard every month to put together an amazing dinner event for our guests and local community twice a month. We hope to see you again for another event soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

As a recent transplant from TN I needed a temporary place to stay while waiting for an apartment. I was able to secure a room at the Columbia Inn at Peralynna where I found a warm and welcoming staff bending over backwards to help me make the transition. The staff gave me a choice of rooms, each decorated differently, and any request I made was promptly addressed. All the rooms were well maintained and cleaned daily by a courteous staff. The decor of the Inn represented the travels of the owners, Cynthia and David Lynn, with interesting stories behind each purchase including original art works. The personal preparation of the Inn's breakfast is something I had not experienced before except in high end hotels. Here at the Inn there was a chef to prepare my made to order breakfast and I could have it delivered to my room for a slight increase in fee, but, I enjoyed the meeting and mingling with other guests in the dinning room. The whole concept of the Columbia Inn is a great idea. It gave me options to mingle with other interesting guests, use the game room, or the well stocked film and book library with the option to take back to my room. I have recommended the Inn to my friends and family without hesitation. I could not have asked for a better temporary living arrangement (2 weeks) and intend to take advantage of one of their super deluxe suites for my special get away nights to be pampered. I especially like the Peacock Room and it's unique decor. Good value/good deal!

Room Tip: Plan ahead to get your choice of the special and unique rooms. The West wing has just been remolded...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for such a kind and wonderful review! We were so pleased to be your home until your permanent move. I will be sure to share this review with the entire staff at Peralynna. We work very hard to provide this level of service to all of our guests. We cannot wait to see you again soon.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Designed by one of the owners, this inn is a fascinating building. Soaring ceilings and turrets and comfy little rooms for communal reading, the bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfasts are cooked to order and the staff friendly. Definitely rococo in decor on the first floor.
There is a spacious patio for sitting and reading as well as a shady backyard. It does need some work to make it feel a little more cared for both on the furnishings in the bedrooms and the outside. The beds are to die for - Tempur-Pedic mattresses. If you have trouble with stairs this is not the place for you. They are everywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We read all of our reviews and very much appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to post this nice review of your stay at our Inn.

We work very hard at satisfying every guest, and we are very proud to read your kind words. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed all of our fabulous amenities, and we could not agree more that our Tempurpedic beds are simply amazing!

You may not have realized that we are in the throes of an exciting renovation of the Inn-the West Wing is currently closed but expected to re-open by October 18th.

We would love to have you back when all of the renovations are completed.

Thank you once more, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

David and Cynthia Lynn
Innkeepers
The Columbia Inn at Peralynna of Rose Hill
Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I are just home from a two night stay in the K suite. We had a wonderful time! The location was great, away from the busy city life but still in driving distance for a day visit to the Inner Harbor and D.C. There's a beautiful park down the street with a walking trail, boat rentals and fishing and many restaurants within short driving distance. The room was clean, comfortable and airy with it's own balcony overlooking the backyard and deck. The hotel manager is extremely inviting and more than willing to accommodate any needs that arise. Breakfast was cooked to order, hot tea and coffee available at all times, and snacks and wine available in the evening.The Inn is very quiet and peaceful and great place to escape to for a couple days.

Room Tip: We did not see the other rooms, but enjoyed ours and felt it was a good price. We had an average ba...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so very much! We truly appreciate your kind thoughts about our home. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope to see you and your husband again soon. You must try another room on your next stay as well!
Fort Meade, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Inn at Peralynna on three different occasions. The mansion is breathtaking! The rooms are spacious, including amazing bathrooms and temperpedic mattresses. The staff is exceptional. They are extere,y fried.y, helpful and Welcoming. Breakfast is cooked to order, all homemade food- quite delicious! The mansion is homey, private and relaxing. Most rooms have outside balconies! We absolutely love this Inn and would recommend all to experience this facility.

Room Tip: The A, S and L suites are our favorites. They are very spacious with a living room, fridge, outside...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We agree that our entire staff work hard to make each guest's stay remarkable, one guest at a time. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind words energize our staff. We look forward to seeing you again for a fourth weekend away at our beautiful home!
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were in the are for a wedding. This was our first experience in a B & B so I did not know what to really expect. I was fairly pleased with my stay. The suite we stayed in had a nice tub with jets beside the bed. Shower and several water jets that felt awesome. Nice, cozy robes are in the room. Our room was private. The inn is uniquely decorated with different themes from around the world. My two dislikes would be the musty smell of the room (we were in the bottom level) and the breakfast cook was not very friendly. We felt as if we were bothering her for cooking us breakfast. I thought that was one of the special things about and B & B was the breakfast part? My husband requested OJ and it seemed like it was a problem for her to get it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
On behalf of the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the ways we failed to meet your expectations. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize. A family emergency unexpectedly arose this past month and our attention was very limited to our home. We know this is no excuse for our paying customers who should expect nothing less than a luxurious night at our home. Please know that since your stay we have repaired a refrigerator leak we had in our basement that was causing the musty smell. All repairs are complete and the carpet has been thoroughly cleaned removing any odor. I sincerely apologize for your experience, and I hope to be able meet you on a return visit to our home if you'll give us another opportunity to prove to you our award-winning service.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while in the area for a wedding. It was our first experience in a B & B, so I did not really know what to expect. The suite we stayed in was very nice. It had a large tub with jets in the bedroom by the bed and the shower was wonderful. The shower had five or so shower heads. Felt wonderful. It was clean. Upon arrival that evening, they had wine, cheeses and fruit out in the dining room. The only negatives we experienced was the room smelled a little musty. ( We were on the lower level) and the lady cooking the breakfast the next morning was not very friendly. We felt like we were bothering her while asking her for breakfast. My husband requested OJ that was not out and this seemed to be an issue. Other than these two things, we had a wonderful time here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Columbia Inn at Peralynna? Share your experiences!