“BEST EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Inn at Peralynna

You added Columbia Inn at Peralynna to your Saves list
Columbia Inn at Peralynna
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   10605 Route 108, Columbia, MD 21044 (Formerly Columbia Suites at Peralynna)   |
Special Offer
Free Amenity
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbia B&B and Inns
“BEST EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Columbia Inn at Peralynna may have been the best place I have ever stayed. The C-suite was beautiful and I spend hours in the deep tub. The grounds were amazing and the staff very nice. We were in town to see a show at Toby's. I wish I had known about this wonderful place when we got married I would have done it there. I will most definitely be back. I wish I could give it more then Excellent!

Room Tip: C-SUITE OMG I can't even explain how elegant
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for such an amazing review! We agree that the C-Suite is simply elegant and the perfect room for a night of luxury. We look forward to your return soon!.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I found the Columbia Inn a while back while working my way through Maryland. Its an exceptional BnB. A professional trained chef in the lobby. Huge beautiful house. Great host. Comfortable beds with nice sheets. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We have to agree, our home is beautiful and we take great pride in all the comforts we offer our guests. We just upgraded our beds so your next stay we be even more luxurious. We look forward to your return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The facility is NOT well maintained.  I understand that older properties can be quaint and charming but Peralynna isn't either.  Fabrics are worn, frayed, faded and/ or soiled. Walls are in need of scrubbing and repainting.  Tablecloths in the breakfast area weren't clean.   Window blinds were missing the wand to tilt the blinds for privacy and the balcony door blinds had a cutout for the door handle that prevented adequate privacy.  The owner or manager was frantic about preparing for an inspection the next day and talked way too much at check in about her problems and trying to collect insurance payments.  That is not an appropriate way to welcome guests.  There were several workman performing various jobs (caulking, painting, etc.) until quite late and the front entry was blocked off. There is no reason to recommend this property.  I'm sure someplace better kept is available in the vicinity.  At check out I was asked how my stay was to which I replied not what I expected. When asked to elaborate I stated the facility was in need of cleaning and painting. The staff person replied she had heard this before and a renovation is planned in the next year. That is little consolation to me now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We are truly sorry for your recent experience at Peralynna. We would like to thank everyone for their patience and their patronage while we complete our renovations this spring for our guest's further comfort and enjoyment.

Unfortunately, the winter storms have been unkind to our area - but we have new gardens planted that are already starting to bloom while we repair, refresh and repaint.

We take every comment seriously- both positive and negative - and see all of them as an opportunity to improve our facilities and services for our guests that we love to serve and thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We also try to respond with immediate action when an area needing some attention is brought to our notice.
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at this Inn, which is close to home for a weekend getaway and were surprised how run down it is for the regular price. We had a living social deal, and even at that price, it was expensive. We stayed in the "V"suite, which adjoins to a public bathroom in the hallway. On the first night, I checked that it was locked. Housekeeping uses it for storage now. On the second morning, they left it open, and we were treated to the sounds of people talking in there and then, yes, using the bathroom. I was awakened the first night by loud thumping that turned out to be a dryer running upstairs at midnight and loud voices. I went down to complain about that and found the voices were the employees hanging in the parlor drinking late night. The manager was very sweet and apologetic and stopped the dryer, but I still had a terrible night's sleep. The room is full of light and has a comfy chair and ottoman, but the mattress is sagging. The private attached bathroom was fine. Things like a cheap wire rack above the toilet i nthe bathroom make it feel low-budget. There's no tub, which we knew. The shower is roomy enough, but the pressure is inconsistent and the shower head is very close to the wall, so you can't get it to spray in the middle of the space or even close to the built-in shower seat. There is an old broken shower curtain rod holder that no one bothered to remove when the other one apparently broke and they put up a tension rod instead. This is just an example of the little fixes that would go a long way to making this place feel like it's worth the money. The walk-in closet is huge, which was nice to keep suitcases and laundry out of site. There is lots of counter space on the vanity and a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Breakfast is cooked to order and is really good, except for the fruit fly-infested self-serve fruit salad and cranberry juice. The evening snacks and complimentary wine were nice and the food was under glass cloches, so no flies. The views from the V suite are neat. There's a sheep farm across the road, and the grazing sheep were really cute. You were only allowed on one of the balconies, because the other was under renovation. Both adjoin other rooms or common space. The blinds on the door didn't fit, so they had clipped the louvres around the door knob, which just looks like a really lazy solution. The staff was pleasant and the common areas to watch movies or play games were really nice. Overall, it feels like it's trying, but just not quite hitting the mark.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly apologize for your recent stay at our bed and breakfast. We are currently working hard to renovated our beautiful home to create a better experience for all our guests. We hope that you will give us a second chance again to prove to you our award winning service and to experience our new renovations.
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Two of my closest friends and I stayed at the Columbia Inn at Peralynna this past weekend and had such an incredible time! The owners and staff at Peralynna are so friendly and accomodating...the entire atmosphere at the Inn is friendly and it is just want anyone would want for a trip out of town. The first night we were there, we didn't even go out because we had such a fabulous time at the Inn. The second day, we ventured out and had a great day/night. The Inn is located close to a lot, so there is always something to do when you head out. We are looking to stay at the Inn every year for our Annual Girls' Weekend! Thanks Dave, Cynthia and everyone at the Inn for such a great stay. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review! We cannot wait for your return! We truly loved having you as a guest in our home.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband surprised me with an overnight stay at Peralynna. I was amazed at how beautiful and elaborate it was . As soon as you enter you are greeted by the owners who are warm and friendly. The room was fabulous and I did not want to leave! We ordered breakfast in bed which arrived early and was delicious!!! We will be coming back to this beautiful getaway many times throuhout the year.

Room Tip: Room "S" has a great view and alot of ammenities..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We can't wait to have you back at our beautiful home. We are so pleased you enjoyed breakfast in bed; everyone deserves such a wonderful experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I just want to say Thank You to the owners Mr. and Mrs. Lynn and staff Bob and Corey for accommadating my wife in surprising me for my 48 birthday. Bob and Corey are the best. L room is just awesome. I'm amazed at this place this home just beautiful. My wife/queen is due any time now and how you guys worked with her if we couldn't make it. My mom will be coming to visit God's will this summer. I will surprise her by taking her here and I will be telling my family and friends that a lil taste of heaven is around the corner name The Inn at Peralynna. I/we check out this afternoon but damn I/ we wish had one more day. LOVE THIS PLACE! Thanks again for a wonderful beautiful 48 birthday. JULIUS CAESAR.

• Stayed March 2013
We are so pleased to read this review. It means so much to us to have you celebrate your birthday with us. We look forward to your return as well as hosting your mother as well. Please let us know when you are ready for another luxurious getaway!

Been to Columbia Inn at Peralynna? Share your experiences!