“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Inn at Peralynna

Save Saved
You added Columbia Inn at Peralynna to your Saves list
Columbia Inn at Peralynna
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   10605 Route 108, Columbia, MD 21044 (Formerly Columbia Suites at Peralynna)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbia B&B and Inns
Nitro
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here last February for Valentines day and we absolutely fell in love with it. The night we arrived it snowed and the lights were lit up all around the B & B, it was very beautiful. The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. We enjoyed everything from the complimentary food and wine to the pool table in the basement. We had a very romantic and intimate night that has been in my mind and hers every since we stayed. We are planning a trip back this year in August. I found the place by mistake looking for a place to stay on a trip to Maryland. Soooooo glad I found it! We will be going back as long as we are able to every year. If you enjoy a romantic getaway and you are ever in the area, it is a must stay. I promise you will not be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Book a suite with a jacuzzi! It is a must!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We love reading reviews like this! Thank you for such kind words. We love adding romance to beautiful couples like you. Please stay with us again soon!

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked the R suite knowing I wanted the Presidential Suite, but based off the pictures from the website assumed that the R would be very nice. I was disappointed from the moment I pulled up to the B & B. It looked like they have let the place slip a bit and once I walked in that was confirmed. All the floors squeaked and the R Suite was small and looked very outdated. I felt I could have stayed at the Mariott and went to restaurant the next morning for less money, but what I do like about a B & B is the socializing with the other guests, which you can't get at a hotel. The owners and staff make you feel welcomed and the breakfast the next morning was very good

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We invite you back to see all of our recent renovations and improvements to our home. We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove our award winning service to you!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I have attended three of Peralynna's dinner dances, and last night enjoyed our first overnight stay. David and Cynthia, the owners along with the rest of the staff have always made us feel like members of the family, not just hotel guests. The Inn is beautiful inside and out! Dinner has been delectable every time we've been, and the monthly event has always been a lovely date night. The Tempur-pedic beds did not disappoint on my first overnight stay, I slept like a baby! Breakfast in the morning was wonderful as well. The inn truly feels like home, with many cozy spaces to relax and unwind. We can't wait for our next stay. We live in Baltimore, not far away but it is still a wonderful little escape!

Room Tip: We stayed in the K suite, the balcony is lovely and if you enjoy natural light in the morning this i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take great pride on our monthly Dinner Event and we look forward to you joining us for our next event. We try to make all of our guests feel like part of our family!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I can say that my experience on each occasion has been an A+ experience. My first stay at the Inn was during a business trip. The organization has booked the entire home and the services that was provided was exceptional. I was expecting a nice comfortable place to hold business meetings and eat a meal but we've gotten so much more. from the meals to the amenities of the manor. My first stay was in their G suite which was their smallest suite. The suite featured Tempurpedic queen bed and a electric "wood burning" stove fireplace. The room was nicely appointed and every thing was well kept and clean.

I have been back since that business trip in August to experience their monthly dinner dances which feature a local band that are fun and entertaining and perform as excellent musicians. If you are looking for a romantic night out, their Monthly Dinner Dances are a great treat. The owners and staff make you feel at home. The home is beautifully appointed with Cathedral/ acoustically designed ceilings. They great room offers a beautiful sun filled space for dinning and the many skylights show up a beautiful clear starry night. Their are many options for entertainment from great location, to a supersized large screen tv in the lower level. The game room features a beautiful pool table and many options for relaxation and fun.

My current visit which was 1/18/2013-1/19/2013 was another awesome experience. I stayed in the K suite which featured a balcony to the view of farm land across the drive way, The room was again nicely appointed with fridge, microwave, plenty of storage in a beautiful wooden dresser. The room had a large bathroom with plush bathroom carpeting on tiles floors, and a Jumbo walk in closet with a chest of drawers. I can go on and on about what you will experience but it is much better to experience this exquisite environment for yourself.

Room Tip: Pretty much any room you choose will make your stay a pleasant one. If you want top end luxury pick...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting such a kind review. I have shared your review with the entire staff, and we all look forward to your return. We also agree that our Dinner Dances are not to be missed!
Macon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

While overseeing the care of my elderly Aunt and Uncle in Columbia, MD, I had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful Bed & Breakfast for weeks at a time. I may hold a record for staying in almost every Suite they have! The beautiful surroundings, the caring staff, the excellent meals coming from their kitchen...I could go on and on! Suffice to say I always enjoyed the respite provided after days spent at the Nursing Home. Felt like a Princess when I stayed here. They are located in the heart of Columbia and well worth checking out!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your kind review. We are thrilled to know you feel like royalty when staying with us, we wouldn't have it any other way!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the O suite for our wedding anniversary. The suite was great - quiet, spacious and very comfortable with the king size tempurpedic bed. The linens were also very clean and comfortable.

The jacuzzi didn't work which was a pretty big disappointment, initially at least. The maintenance guy fixed it in a reasonable amount of time.

One feature I was excited about was the complimentary wine and snacks in the afternoon. We were both highly disappointed with the quality of wine served, as they only featured white wine at room temperature, not exactly refreshing.

The cooked to order breakfast was great. Everything on the menu looked good, and our omelets did not disappoint.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would recommend the O suite because it is so spacious and quiet: you really get the sense of what it must be like to stay in a countryside carriage house.

However, it seems the property is a little run down and in need of renovation, especially with the rates they charge.

• Stayed November 2012
peralynnainn, Owner at Columbia Inn at Peralynna, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our entire team to work on improving the appearance of the Inn as well as repairing and inspecting all of our jacuzzis. We hope that you will give us a second chance soon.
JOHNSTOWN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

They substitute out reserved turret suite with a crackerjack box sized room suite R. They said it was an upgrade and that they were booked and couldn't do anything about it. Even though we made our reservations well in advance and it was prepaid for the Turret suite. The jacuzzi in our suite had not been cleaned in quite a while. When we turned it on, black algae chunks about the size of a dime filled the tub. They then gave us the O suite for that first night, but we were told that we would have to return to the R suite for the second night because they had the O suite reserved.
The O suite had drains that didn't drain. the air conditioning didn't work in the bedroom. and the shower had steam jets that would not turn on. Night two, pack up our stuff and moved back to R suite. The Jacuzzi was better but still emitted black specks, So we just showered. I informed them on the that the toilet seat was very loose that morning, but it was still loose the night they moved us back in. I will say that the breakfast was good.
All in all, not a good experience. The place is fancy but needs kept up better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the ways we failed to meet your expectations. We are making a strong effort to work on each point of your review. I would love to speak with you further about your stay and invite you back to prove to you we are better than your recent experience. Please contact me at 410-715-4600 to discuss your stay.

Been to Columbia Inn at Peralynna? Share your experiences!