“good way to try indoor rock climbing” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Columbia
Activities: Rock climbing
More attraction details
Owner description: Earth Treks' Climbing Centers are state-of-the-art indoor climbing gyms located in Columbia, Timonium and Rockville, MD. We pride ourselves on offering the best rock climbing in the greater Washington DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland region. Each climbing gym is among the largest in the country, with plenty of climbing for every ability level.General Information Earth Treks offers private and group instruction for climbers of all abilities and ages. Indoor or Outdoor climbing, beginner to advance! For information on courses available and online registration.We also offer private parties and venue rentals perfect for your next birthday party, girls night out or team building excursion!November 2013, Earth Treks Climbing Centers will be opening it's 4 location. This new climbing gym will be located in Golden, Colorado
Chicago
92 attraction reviews
“good way to try indoor rock climbing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

for $20 I was given a fellow who was the puppetmaster on my belay get up and allowed three walls to climb. I did a beginner first and was up and down quickly. Then, a more advanced one which was harder but I did it. Finally, I was lead to the hardest wall and only made it halfway. As it gets harder the stepping stones and rocks to grab are further apart and smaller. I wore sneakers and found them too bulky. Something with rubber grips but more form fitting would do better.

Reston, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
“Great Climbing BUT try Rockville! ! !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is a great facility, but with the renovations done at the Rockville Earthtreks - you should REALLY try there! Great bunch of folks run this place and I've been climbing here for years.

Visited December 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
“If you want to climb, this is a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've gotten into indoor climbing in the last couple of years, and I love it! I go regularly in the winter with my boyfriend, and when I have guests in town, we love to take them climbing.

I have my own shoes and harness, but for $28, you can rent both and climb for the day.

Visited February 2012