“First Houlihan's I've seen since moving East” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
North Carolina
“First Houlihan's I've seen since moving East”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've always liked Houlihan's and they didn't disappoint. Great shrimp, egg rolls, and service. Wish there were one in North Carolina.

Visited July 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food. Lousy Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

"The Server was Inattentive" said by another reviewer, says it all. We visited this restaurant on a Sunday night when the establishment was not very busy. We had a nice quiet table. We received our beverages promptly. Our appetizer for our group of 6 was a large plate of delicious nachos. However, not a plate was to be seen. After asking for 6 plates, it took 5 minutes or more for them to appear. Want another beer, a water refill, or a glass of wine? Forget it. Server never asked if we desired more cold beverages. Server was quick to ask us if we would like dessert. She took our order without clearing the table of the dirty dishes. Then she brought the desserts and placed them on the table next to the dirty dishes. "Could you please take our dishes?" we asked. She cheerfully responded, "Yes." Want a coffee refill? Forget about that as well. Now for the food: My Asian chicken salad was delicious. My companion's Cajun chicken pasta was tasty as well. The other four gave positive reports on their dinners as well. Would I go back? Probably not. Just not worth the aggravation with so many other restaurants working so hard to please their patrons. I wish this manager would be more attentive to the inattentive servers.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Deals well with large groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

we went with 20+ People. half kids and we all had seperate checks. The service was fast and accurate. Food was good. They even got the seperate checks all correct!

Visited May 2014
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
“Better than average chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was traveling on business and decided to give this Houlihans a try. I have dined at other Houlihans in Florida but it had been a few years. They had a nice wine list with some specials when I was there (although price is a little steep for a glass). I ordered the meatloaf and thought it was well prepared with a nice reduction sauce. The mashed potatoes were also really good.
While this is a chain, the food quality is much better than elsewhere. Service was a little spotty. Nice server but I felt ignored at times but rushed at other times. Nice bar area too and nightly happy hour specials.
Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Used to be great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I just went here for a quick dinner before yet another snow storm. I was craving their scallops, which used to be nice and large (1.5 to 2 inches diameter) and tasty with the risotto. Well, to my dismay, now they're about a half inch and not tasty at all. They come with similar but not the same risotto (it's drenched in some balsamic reduction I think, and covered in arugula which does NOT go with it) so it's just not the same at all (and not good). My husband got a salad, which could have been at any chain or even fast food place.
This place went downhill FAST, and i don't know what the reason is.
I do hope they read these reviews, but my gut tells me they don't. Either way, for now we'll avoid this place (and it's too bad; they used to have great food).
We should have known when the place was dead! Oh well.

• Visited March 2014