“Sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in College Park
USA
“Sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

It was ok . nothing to really write about. The people were nice at desk. The breakfast was promptly removed in morning 9AM sharp. So we missed the toast etc. etc... The coffee was good.
Room was clean and quite. I was hoping to find bargain prices in College Park compared to DC area. There was no bargain. I should have just got a hotel closer to DC for the same price.

Room Tip: Book a hotel on Highway 95 just before down town DC. College Park is a bit out of the way from down...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

While it's not the Ritz, I didn't expect it to be. For the price, and for what I needed, it was fine. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room was huge, for which I was grateful. We were traveling with a cat, which made it difficult to find a hotel that would let us in without charging an arm and a leg. I was grateful for the very reasonable pet fee and the allowance for pets. I would suggest doing away with the breakfast as there isn't enough room at this location to make it really worth the effort. A back way out of the parking lot sure would be nice. This particular location is on a very busy street. Forget about turning left! Turn right, then go around the block. I've never seen so much traffic. That said, I never heard it inside the room. The room itself had a smell when we first arrived (smoke, I think, or something stale). The windows were open but that hadn't helped air it out any. I sprayed room freshener which did help. The internet was completely worthless. The TV not much better. I ended up using the iPad with 3G which streamed a lot faster than the internet in the hotel and provided a better picture than the tv. However, for the money, this hotel was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Port Jefferson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Overall okay. A few minor issues. Most annoying was the odor from the ac/heat pump. It went away eventually, but odor was strong when first entering room. Not a good first impression.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for an event at UM. We booked last minute and there was not much availability. I got it for less than 75 a night with taxes includes on Priceline. We usually stay at mariotts so I was a little Leary however the mariott in the area was more for 1 night than what I was paying for a week!
Upon check in we were told we had a king smoking for 3 of us due to Priceline. I could handle the king but not the smoking. I checked out the room and it smelled so badly of smoke. No way could I stay there 4 nights. We checked several rooms and ended up with a handicap non smoking with a queen bed. The front desk was extremely accommodating. His hands were tied as they were sold out. The queen would no way sleep all 3 of us. We went and got a cot at the store. The hotel gave us sheets.
The hotel was older. It had newer paint and carpet. The tile in bath was old. It was pretty clean. There was a hair in the shower. But we saw no bugs and there were no other complaints. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. It was a very small setup and they didn't have room for much.
The hotel was quiet and I felt safe. Front desk man super nice! He is the only reason I stayed! I was ready to take a loss and look for another hotel when we ended up with the queen. Glad I stayed.
Next time I will probably plan in advance and stay elsewhere however in a pinch this hotel is not too bad.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just run down and dirty. Do yourself a favor and move along.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Super 8 College Park Wash DC Area? Share your experiences!