“Super 8 Review” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in College Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

While it's not the Ritz, I didn't expect it to be. For the price, and for what I needed, it was fine. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room was huge, for which I was grateful. We were traveling with a cat, which made it difficult to find a hotel that would let us in without charging an arm and a leg. I was grateful for the very reasonable pet fee and the allowance for pets. I would suggest doing away with the breakfast as there isn't enough room at this location to make it really worth the effort. A back way out of the parking lot sure would be nice. This particular location is on a very busy street. Forget about turning left! Turn right, then go around the block. I've never seen so much traffic. That said, I never heard it inside the room. The room itself had a smell when we first arrived (smoke, I think, or something stale). The windows were open but that hadn't helped air it out any. I sprayed room freshener which did help. The internet was completely worthless. The TV not much better. I ended up using the iPad with 3G which streamed a lot faster than the internet in the hotel and provided a better picture than the tv. However, for the money, this hotel was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Port Jefferson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Overall okay. A few minor issues. Most annoying was the odor from the ac/heat pump. It went away eventually, but odor was strong when first entering room. Not a good first impression.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for an event at UM. We booked last minute and there was not much availability. I got it for less than 75 a night with taxes includes on Priceline. We usually stay at mariotts so I was a little Leary however the mariott in the area was more for 1 night than what I was paying for a week!
Upon check in we were told we had a king smoking for 3 of us due to Priceline. I could handle the king but not the smoking. I checked out the room and it smelled so badly of smoke. No way could I stay there 4 nights. We checked several rooms and ended up with a handicap non smoking with a queen bed. The front desk was extremely accommodating. His hands were tied as they were sold out. The queen would no way sleep all 3 of us. We went and got a cot at the store. The hotel gave us sheets.
The hotel was older. It had newer paint and carpet. The tile in bath was old. It was pretty clean. There was a hair in the shower. But we saw no bugs and there were no other complaints. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. It was a very small setup and they didn't have room for much.
The hotel was quiet and I felt safe. Front desk man super nice! He is the only reason I stayed! I was ready to take a loss and look for another hotel when we ended up with the queen. Glad I stayed.
Next time I will probably plan in advance and stay elsewhere however in a pinch this hotel is not too bad.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just run down and dirty. Do yourself a favor and move along.

• Stayed April 2012
Fenton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed long enough to gag from the smell, notice the dead bugs hanging from the cob webs and getting my jeans damp from the wet spot on the lazy boy. I am still grossed out a week later.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bessemer, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This had to be the nastiest place I ever stayed. The chair had some kind of stains on it, it was totally filthy something that should of been thrown in the dumpster, The one bed had urine stains all through the sheets and comforter. Totally filthy. Had the do not disturb card in the door went in the room the maid was in there with the door shut doing who knows what, probably rooting through our belongings. Avoid this place at all cost, you would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 266 reviews

Been to Super 8 College Park Wash DC Area? Share your experiences!