“Stay here for work frequently” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester
“Stay here for work frequently”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stay here weekly as a consultant on a contract in the DC Area. The service is top notch. You are bound at some point or another to have a problem with a room, I don't care where you stay if you stay there enough. On night after a long day I checked in to find all the channels on the TV were fuzzy, not a big deal as I was going to read anyway just wanted some noise while I ate. I called the front desk and let them know about it and if they could have it looked at the next day, which they said they would. Enter Luther, one of the maintenance men. I was surprised to hear a knock, I figured it was the wrong room, but I was mistaken. Luther had taken the initiative to check the room across the hall, the TV was perfect and helped me move and had all my paper work updated and 2 keys for me. That is the type of service I have come to expect, because if there is ever an issue someone takes care of it quickly. The front desk staff is great too. The Restaurant, The Wedge Salad is all I can recommend.

Room Tip: For Travel stay in tower 2, they try to put all the tour groups (Kids) in tower 1
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear CCpilot,

Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for taking the time to leave us your review. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay. its reviews like yours that help us do a better job, I have passed your review on to all of our other departments for review. Have a great summer.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nothing great to say about this hotel. Feels like it is in a Ikea parking lot. Uninviting decor, stinky hallways, unprofessional staff. Housekeeping was sloppy and did not do a good job. Good thing we only stayed here because it was close to the greenbelt. It's fine to take there shuttle to the metro, but we had to wait 40 min for someone to pick us back up. Of cause it was easy for everybody to just blame someone else instead of taking ownership ot the situation. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Peve33,

Thank you for being a guest of ours during your trip to the Washington Metropolitan Area. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you faced while you were our guest with us, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.

Diamond, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am extremely unhappy with my stay at this Holiday Inn. The management needs to be retrained or replaced. We were lied to every single day of our stay and made to feel uncomfortable. I was at the Holiday Inn because National History Day had suggested its students and teachers stay there, they were supposed to understand our needs and take care of us. They were supposed to run shuttles/buses all day so that we could get to the college and to the Metro, we often had to wait 20+ minutes to be picked up. On Tuesday we were all left out in the sun for an hour in 95 degree weather, 4 of us took turns calling and asking for the shuttle that had been promised. It should have taken 15 minutes for them to drive to us, it took them an hour (We started calling at 2pm). They kept telling us on the phone that the drivers had just left, but the drivers that arrived said they had been told they were not needed until 4pm and were surprised we were mad at them for arriving early at 3pm. I got a sunburn on my face while waiting and our kids got overheated sitting in the sun in their costumes. We tried to reserve a shuttle for the next day at the time we knew we would need them to come get us, and they told us we could not reserve shuttles. Then the next morning when we tried to board a shuttle at 8:30am a man yelled at us “Folks that’s my shuttle!” The manager Kevin came out and told us the man had reserved it. When we became angry he showed us a book with reservations in it, not realizing he had told my husband the day before that he could not reserve shuttles. When my husband pointed this out to him, he walked back outside without explaining himself, got a taxi and asked the driver to take us to our destination. 6 of us crammed into a regular taxi because that was all that was available and the manager Kevin paid him to take us away from the hotel lobby where other guests were congregating. We did not like this but had an appointment to keep, so I sat on my husband’s lap and one of the girls sat on her mom’s lap in the taxi, so we would make our appointment. The outlets in our room did not work so my husband could not shave and he looked ragged at a National Contest. My hair looked awful because the blow dryer did not work. At least the water was hot. Manager Kevin sent my husband a fruit basket as an apology, but couldn’t even get it to the right room because he is so disorganized. My husband booked 3 rooms under his name and he was handed 3 sets of keys and told to figure out the arrangements; so after my husband became angry the management sent up fruit baskets to 2 out of 3 rooms and put an apology letter on one of them, in which he made several grammatical errors. The pullout had no bedding on it and we had to ask for bedding several times before receiving anything. The Moose Creek Diner’s food was not good (and not free)and the waiters were severely slow in service. The wifi was not good but I expected that. Even though this hotel is close to the Metro I recommend staying somewhere else!!

Dear Samantha N,

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations, we did contract a 37 passenger vehicle to ensure that we had adequate coverage during NHD, and posted schedules for everyone, with traffic and demands it’s unfortunate that you had to wait.

We are working with all our staff to make sure we are logging in all request for shuttle service, I have also passed on your concerns to all the departments mentioned.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

When I chose this hotel it had some mixed reviews so I was a little concerned but it was really great. We were there for National history Day and they did a great job of transporting guests to and from the university. The room had a king bed and pull out couch which was actually pretty decent.We had a microwave & mini fridge. Breakfast is not included but the food in the restaurant is very good and they do have a buffet (a little Pricey @ 10.95 for breakfast).
Our room was clean, we felt safe and the staff was really wonderful. There is an Ikea next door that is worth seeing and a dunkin Donuts and Buffalo Wild Wings, and a grocery store within walking distance. They were very accomodating. They are a ways from the subway station but are very good about getting you there as well as being quick when you need to be picked up.
Highly recommended for mid range family outing!!!

Room Tip: heard that one of the towers was noisy but we did not have that problem at all we were in room 2217...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laura E,

I am happy you had such a great stay with us and that you had a great time at National History Day, your review means a lot to us and I hope to you again next year.

Kevin Grell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a very nice stay the Holiday Inn in College Park. We would have preferred a couple more amenities such as a continental breakfast and hot drinks available throuhout the day. However, that did not ruin our experience. It had a nice pool and gym area. The room was comfortable, nothing fancy, and had a microwave and refrigerator which was convenient. Overall the accommodations were pleasant, but what really set the service apart was their front desk person Lisa. She was attentive and friendly, she truly cares about the guests, and she does an amazing job. She made our stay 100 times better!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for taking the time to leave us your review. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay, we are also pleased that Lisa took good care of you while you were here, she is one of rising stars. We hope you will be back again to visit soon. Have a wonderful summer!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

stayed there for 5 nights - the room is very clean, has a mini-fridge and a microwave. It seems like a very busy hotel, with several conferences and many events going on. The lobby can be very crowded and noisy, but I did not experience noise in my room. Location is very convenient to both I-95 and I-495, and the hotel is only steps away from the IKEA store. Good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for your review! We do appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback and we are pleased to hear that you had such a great stay. We understand when you travel you want a quiet and clean room, we did our best to make sure that happened. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!
Abingdon, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

As part of a travel baseball team we spend many weekends in hotels. We stayed at this hotel last year and were very happy with them. This year was quite different. From check-in (where we were not even offered our normal Holiday Inn Reward type coupons), to the lack of customer service among the management.

As a team we usually have pizza back at the hotel after a game so the kids can swim and relax. We were told by the manager on duty that there was no common area we could use to eat since the large common area on the main floor was a "no food or drink" area. He offered no solution except to go to our rooms. This is a large hotel - many solutions could have been offered but nothing was offered except go to your room (which is a terrible solution to the other guests on our floor not part of a team).

The total lack of cooperation, customer service, and problem solving skills was upsetting. Follow-up phone calls to the hotel, to the main Holiday Inn Guest Services were also met with disregard. A simple - sorry, we will take your concerns seriously would have gone a long way. I would NEVER recommend this hotel for a team or group.

As an aside - our room had newer décor but not very clean- walls dirty, baseboards dirty.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Stephen252,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn College Park. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not more enjoyable.

Unlike Holiday Inn Express or other limited service hotels, we are a full-service hotel and our licensing does not permit any food & beverage purchased outside the hotel to be brought in to any of our public areas such as the Lobby, Media Area, Pool or Banquet/Meeting space. We have designed Sports Team specific banquet menus in order to accommodate team meals in a private banquet room.

If we knew in advance what you needs might be, we might have been able to suggest some sort of alternative for you.

Because we were sold out the weekend of your stay, we had little flexibility and tried to make sure that all our guest could enjoy the use of our Media and Lobby area.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!