“Not the best place I've stayed” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in College Park
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not the best place I've stayed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of the convenient location near the Beltway. The setup of the hotel is confusing. There are 3 towers, all connected but trying to navigate to my room was no easy task. You go in one door & can't get to your tower unless you go up some stairs & find the right set of elevators. The room was clean but there is no place to put your things in the bathroom. There is NO counter space in there & even the top of the toilet is rounded so my stuff kept falling onto the floor. That was annoying. Will go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear DCfr0mDC,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests needs the best way we can and we are so pleased you were satisfied with our convenient location. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced with our facilities. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We originally were booked at the Howard Johnson and we were afraid for our safety. We quickly left the Howard Johnson after going to our room because it was dirty and there were suspicious characters hanging around parking lot. We THEN went to the Holiday Inn 1.8 miles down the road and was very happy to see friendly people at the desk and a clean hotel. The room was very nice although it did have a strange odor (sort of like deodorant) but, we didn't mind it after our previous experience. Not sure if all the rooms smelled like that or not or just ours.
If visiting the University of Maryland, it is a good place to stay. If not, I would only suggest the Marriott that is on the school grounds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind words and feedback on your recent stay. I will look into the strange smell and ensure that your next arrival experience is improved in your guest room.

We are glad you felt comfortable and safe and hope to see you again in your future travels.
Thanks for your feedback. Best Wishes
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed for five nights in July, 2012 while doing research at the National Archives facility in College Park. My room was very clean, and the decor was neutral and matches the photos other reviewers has submitted.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Greenbelt Metro station, and destinations within a five-mile radius. This, and the price, were the two factors that sold me on the hotel. The last time I was in the area for a research trip, I stayed in Silver Spring, Maryland, and commuting via public transportation to the Archives added a minimum of 70 minutes a day of commuting, as opposed to five minutes at the Holiday Inn.

As I wrote, my room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff kept it that way. My only beef with my stay is the lack of HD channels on the TV. Overall, the reception was pretty poor, and what's the point of offering a HDTV with only standard definition channels? This isn't unique to this property, of course. The restaurant was fine, if a bit on the expensive side.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and hope that your future travels will bring your back to our property. We are working hard to try and get our HD programming done so that you can enjoy all that it has to offer. Thanks again
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay and experience at this hotel. The front desk and especially Kiarra Hill went above and beyond to help me with my requests. The hotel is fairly modern and the neighborhood is quiet. It is close enough to DC and is right of the highway. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your favorable guest review and your positive feedback about the staff, I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and very proud of Kiarra for exceeding your expectations. We very much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feed-back and your kind words are very much appreciated. Hospitably Yours
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights - location is very convenient to UMD and DC. Staff was friendly and responded very quickly to questions or concerns. My hairdryer blew out at 7:00am and was replaced by 7:15am. Room service was on time and as ordered - food was hot and tasted great.
We enjoyed one dinner in the Moose Creek Steakhouse, complete with birthday song and cake! Towels were exceptionally soft and shower had good pressure, plenty of hot water and good drainage in the tub. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker were great to have en suite. Beds were comfortable and sheets were very white, clean and soft. Internet was a touch slow, but reliable and free. Complimentary juice and cookies in the lobby was a nice gesture.

The only wish I have is that the hotel would offer recycling of newspapers, plastic bottles and cans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback.

We are currently working on a recycle program and sorry about your hair dryer but glad that we were able to rectify the situation.

I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel property. We value your patronage and hope that your future travels will bring you back to our hotel again. Thanks again
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night while my son had his Freshman orientation at UMD. Location is great. Right off the highway, easy to get to the University and nice to shop with the IKEA next door. The staff was friendly at check in and apologized for a longer than average wait. After arriving in my room, I realized the TV did not work. The maintenance staff could not fix it and immediately changed my room and offered me a coupon for free breakfast. Both rooms, were clean but outdated and a little worn. The free breakfast turned out to be great. (A regularly priced $11 buffet breakfast.) There was a variety of warm items, a great made to order omelet, and they were not rushing me out, so I could relax, eat, and read the paper. The staff was wonderful with great service. Overall, a convenient stop for one night.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear razzzz,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It was good to see that the staff rectified a problem swiftly and to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed breakfast. I would like to apologize for any challenges with the room amenities that transpired during your stay. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would like to thank the management team, chef, bar-tenders (Sharon and Baliya), and Night Manager (Diane) for the excellent/outstanding support that they rendered in helping us (The Moosers) be successful in our event to remember our friend and long time Moose Creek Steak House supporter Terrence Griffith. The service and attention to details were extremely professional and prompt. In addition, the food was great! You are to be commended for a job well done and we (The Moosers, family, and friends) really appreciate your effort to ensure that this first celebration of Terrence's home-going was a successful one. Thanks again and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Donald Thanks for the gracious comments and thanks to you and the Moosiers for an awesome celebration for Terrence. We miss and love his spirit and thanks for great review.

We appreciate your business and appreciate you and the crew. Class Act

Hospitably Yours,
Rodney Tyre CFBE

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!