“Best Wedding Reception EVERRRR!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Wedding Reception EVERRRR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We really would like to thank the HI-College Park for the SPECTACULAR job that Cynthia and her staff did on our wedding reception!!!

The ballroom was decorated beautifully and the staff was so friendly and attentive. They found napkins at the last minute that matched my wedding colors perfectly, I was so surprised!!!

Cynthia, the catering manager, was so patient with us and helped us organize a fabulous yet affordable wedding reception.

Also, the hotel gave a great discounted rate for our guests. All the guests really liked their hotel rooms and enjoyed the bar/restaurant in the Holiday Inn.

Most of all, all of my guest LOVED the food at the reception!!! People cannot stop talking about the food and they could not believe that the HICP catered our reception.

We could not have asked for a better location for our wedding reception because it was more than we could have ever hoped for.

We will definitely refer people to the Holiday Inn - College Park for lodging and event planning.

Room Tip: This Holiday Inn is literally right off I-495 so it is very convenient. Also, they have a shuttle bu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We enjoyed the wedding as much as you and your guests, your video was amusing as well as entertaining,

Thank you for your kind words about Cynthia and the Staff, we have shared them with everyone and wish you well in the future and congratulations on a beautiful event.
Hospitably Your Holiday Inn Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I had the fortune to stay in a couple of Holiday Inn and I was not impressed with this.

The good --

Front desk staff are great .. particularly an Asian gentleman .
Room (after it was changed) was not bad . Beds and pillows were comfortable.
Bathroom was clean and good.
Free Shuttle service to Metro

The not so good --

The room allotted to us had strong cigarette smell . The front desk immediately changed it but I suggest management check and clean ALL rooms in Tower 2. They might also consider converting certain floors as non-smoking floor (as is done in some other hotels)

Wifi was non existent. Even in the lobby it was very weak

We requested for a microwave during reservation but did not get one during the stay. Not a big deal though

I was charged $3.19 for a 1 minute domestic long distance call. while I understand it is hotel policy, most hotels now waive it. The long distance calls now cost less than a penny and it will only add to Hotel goodwill if they waive a reasonable amount of calls

Breakfast (paid) was not impressive. We ordered vegetable stuffed omlet and it smelled raw eggs. We went to nearby IHOP on second day

I am normally easily satisfied and will probably stay here again but management should definitely consider the above suggestions (particularly cleaning the non-smoking rooms in tower 2) if they want satisfied customers.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker ask for a higher floor room in Tower 1.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear travellerMa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is pleasing to know that you found our front desk staff to be great and our shuttle service to be convenient. However, I am sorry that you found your room's smell to be inconvenient and if the Wifi connection was a disappointment. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to the area.

Pam G
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I coordinate travel for groups and absolutely love working with this property. I had a group there during the snowstorm this March, and the staff accommodated everyone well when their activities were cancelled and they returned to the hotel early. The rooms are great, and the commute in to DC is relatively easy. I highly recommend this hotel for business, family, and group travelers alike!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the vote of confidence and we appreciate all your business, we hope to continue our working relationship with you and your travel organization. Thanks again
Brigantine, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have sytayed here before and have always found the hotel to be clean and the staff accomodating. The common rooms and lobby wa still clean, but my wife and I were surprised to find our socks quite filthy after walking in the room and bathroom.
We went to breakfast one of the days and it was not pretty. The buffet was $11 and we passedm because the restaurant was almost empty and the buffet looked a little worn. My wife and I ordered from the menu. One dish was wrong and the other was just luke warm, and that was after a 25 minute wait.
SIn summary, it is a good place to stay, but...

Room Tip: If you need a hadicp accesible room, check before you move in. There definition and yours may not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear sjl08203,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear the breakfast served served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Millersville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I planned an overnight stay as part of our date night. We wanted a hotel between DC and Baltimore. Overall experience met our expectations. Specifically, "Awesome" customer service to Miss Klyea, who works the front desk. I witnessed how she engaged with each customer. Confident, had a smile, demonstrated patience and very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback and thanks for the great comments about Kylea, we are glad you were able to enjoy your date night and hope you will share many more at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used reward points to stay here while visiting some friends in the area for a few days and to attend a concert in DC. Easy access to the highway and there was a metro station not too far away. Check-in went smoothly. Apparently there was some type of competition going on and there were kids everywhere. They did get noisy at times and were frequently in and out of each others rooms. I could have requested a new room but I ended up checking out before I was scheduled to. The restaurant and bar staff were very nice and helpful. I only ate there once and it was not busy at the time. The room appeared nice at first but I did find trash under the bed from previous guests. The night stand also had some sticky stuff on it. The bed was comfy. Room included microwave and mini fridge. Parking was no issue. The front desk staff were nice but when I checked out one staff member was engaging in conversation with another guest while trying to check me out. I had to repeat myself multiple times and that was annoying.

Room Tip: For a multi night stay don't stay on the first floor due to noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear AReezy,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review. We regret any frustration you may have experienced with noise from other guests and at check out. We always strive to provide the best is our guest service and it looks like we have fallen below your expectations as well as our own. We will be discussing these issues with our staff to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for being our guest and for submitting your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.

Adrian D.
Exeter, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and it was very nice. The room was spotless and very comfortable, including the beds and pillows. All staff members were professional and helpful. The buffet breakfast was a cost add-on, but worth the price ($10 per person, which also included wifi in the room). The only negatives were that the 'Wifi-Lite' in the room was almost non-existent, as I couldn't call up any web sites at all) and that the hallways, when it rained hard on the night we were there, were like ice rinks, very slippery, with no mats. I almost went down! Nice place, though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback on your recent visit, so sorry about the mats we do have them but I think they were being cleaned on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and also your business. Thanks Hospitably Yours

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!