As a Priority Club Platinum member, I had the fortune to stay in a couple of Holiday Inn and I was not impressed with this.
The good --
Front desk staff are great .. particularly an Asian gentleman .
Room (after it was changed) was not bad . Beds and pillows were comfortable.
Bathroom was clean and good.
Free Shuttle service to Metro
The not so good --
The room allotted to us had strong cigarette smell . The front desk immediately changed it but I suggest management check and clean ALL rooms in Tower 2. They might also consider converting certain floors as non-smoking floor (as is done in some other hotels)
Wifi was non existent. Even in the lobby it was very weak
We requested for a microwave during reservation but did not get one during the stay. Not a big deal though
I was charged $3.19 for a 1 minute domestic long distance call. while I understand it is hotel policy, most hotels now waive it. The long distance calls now cost less than a penny and it will only add to Hotel goodwill if they waive a reasonable amount of calls
Breakfast (paid) was not impressive. We ordered vegetable stuffed omlet and it smelled raw eggs. We went to nearby IHOP on second day
I am normally easily satisfied and will probably stay here again but management should definitely consider the above suggestions (particularly cleaning the non-smoking rooms in tower 2) if they want satisfied customers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington College Park Hotel College Park
- Holiday Inn Washington College Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn College Park
- College Park Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on the Capital Beltway at the junctions of I-495 / I-95 and US 1, the Holiday Inn Hotel Washington-College Park is just minutes from the University of Maryland.This College Park hotel is in close proximity to Washington DC and its many attractions, the Greenbelt Metro station, USDA, the National Archives, and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Our complimentary shuttle service will get you where you need to go, including the Greenbelt Metro and train station.Our guest rooms feature complimentary, wireless high speed Internet, and a dÃ©cor that will make you feel at home. The Holiday Inn Washington-College Park has 10,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space, an indoor pool and sauna, and fitness center. Our Moose Creek Steak House restaurant and lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; and, Kids Eat Free! The Holiday Inn College Park has something for everyone. Whether traveling for business or leisure, please allow us to provide you with the service you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington College Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.