“Hotel OK....Brakfast No” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Hotel OK....Brakfast No”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have sytayed here before and have always found the hotel to be clean and the staff accomodating. The common rooms and lobby wa still clean, but my wife and I were surprised to find our socks quite filthy after walking in the room and bathroom.
We went to breakfast one of the days and it was not pretty. The buffet was $11 and we passedm because the restaurant was almost empty and the buffet looked a little worn. My wife and I ordered from the menu. One dish was wrong and the other was just luke warm, and that was after a 25 minute wait.
SIn summary, it is a good place to stay, but...

Room Tip: If you need a hadicp accesible room, check before you move in. There definition and yours may not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear sjl08203,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear the breakfast served served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Millersville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I planned an overnight stay as part of our date night. We wanted a hotel between DC and Baltimore. Overall experience met our expectations. Specifically, "Awesome" customer service to Miss Klyea, who works the front desk. I witnessed how she engaged with each customer. Confident, had a smile, demonstrated patience and very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and thanks for the great comments about Kylea, we are glad you were able to enjoy your date night and hope you will share many more at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used reward points to stay here while visiting some friends in the area for a few days and to attend a concert in DC. Easy access to the highway and there was a metro station not too far away. Check-in went smoothly. Apparently there was some type of competition going on and there were kids everywhere. They did get noisy at times and were frequently in and out of each others rooms. I could have requested a new room but I ended up checking out before I was scheduled to. The restaurant and bar staff were very nice and helpful. I only ate there once and it was not busy at the time. The room appeared nice at first but I did find trash under the bed from previous guests. The night stand also had some sticky stuff on it. The bed was comfy. Room included microwave and mini fridge. Parking was no issue. The front desk staff were nice but when I checked out one staff member was engaging in conversation with another guest while trying to check me out. I had to repeat myself multiple times and that was annoying.

Room Tip: For a multi night stay don't stay on the first floor due to noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear AReezy,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review. We regret any frustration you may have experienced with noise from other guests and at check out. We always strive to provide the best is our guest service and it looks like we have fallen below your expectations as well as our own. We will be discussing these issues with our staff to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for being our guest and for submitting your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.

Adrian D.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Exeter, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and it was very nice. The room was spotless and very comfortable, including the beds and pillows. All staff members were professional and helpful. The buffet breakfast was a cost add-on, but worth the price ($10 per person, which also included wifi in the room). The only negatives were that the 'Wifi-Lite' in the room was almost non-existent, as I couldn't call up any web sites at all) and that the hallways, when it rained hard on the night we were there, were like ice rinks, very slippery, with no mats. I almost went down! Nice place, though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback on your recent visit, so sorry about the mats we do have them but I think they were being cleaned on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and also your business. Thanks Hospitably Yours
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

An excellent choice in the area for a reasonable price. Every staff member I dealt with was very friendly and professional. The breakfast room service had the best scrambled eggs I have tasted in a long time. The room was very clean and very QUIET. There was no outside noise at all.

I have noticed some concerns about the area this is in. Having lived in the DC area for years, I can tell you this is not the most prestigious area, but I assure you it is certainly far from the worst. The hotel itself is very secure. You have very easy access to I-95, the Metro, the University of Maryland, BWI/Amtrak - there are numerous restaurants within a short drive.

This hotel is highly recommended based on cleanliness, friendly staff, and its location.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be fairly quiet regardless of location. I was overlooking the Ikea loading dock and I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback on your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on our property. Thank you so much and hope to see you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I came to DC and was staying at a hotel that was just all wrong. So I did some complaining and some searching and not only did I find this wonderful Holiday Inn off of Baltimore Ave, but the wonderful staff at the front desk saw my frustration and also gave me a better deal than the hotel that I was staying. God bless all of you at that front desk and your dining area is the best! I look forward to returning there soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wow,
What wonderful kind words for the staff, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again. Thanks for your business and patronage. Sincerely
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is worth every penny and it is not as many pennies as other hotels! Clean, excellent staff, great food at the adjoining restaurant with extras one would not expect at this price! I am in Maryland for a conference every year. Finally found the hotel to make the trip so much better!

Room Tip: Park the car and walk to IKEA right behind hotel. I was in a room that looked out into a courtyard a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are truly glad that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you at conference time, don’t forget to enjoy Washington D.C. while you are in town.

Thanks for your warm and sincere comments they are very much appreciated.

Hospitably Yours

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!