“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Needham
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for two days
Nice front desk staff, very clean room, close to (next to) the highway.
Location was a problem: not close to any restaurants, fifteen minutes (without traffic) to U. Maryland.
The most expensive hotel we found on line: not particularly worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return to us when you’re in the Washington DC area.

Hospitably yours

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Davis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 14 nights. Breakfast buffet was great though repetitive, but choices of items were plenty so I could make my own combinations. Staff was very nice and always asking me how I like my stay and telling me that they appreciate my business. Overall a great choice, good value for the price, and the shuttle to the Metro worked well for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We really do appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business, selected this for proximity to our business meetings. We had a good flexible rate with breakfast. Rooms and beds are comfortable, breakfast was above average. The decor in the lobby and corridors looks a bit dated and uninspired.

Staff is helpful (although we had an argument about the fact that I had proof of a reservation of 4 rooms and the front desk person kept claiming he only knew of 3 - but in the end, it wasn't a problem at all. Restaurant and housekeeping staff were very friendly.

That summarises it, really. This is not a holiday resort, it's not a boutique design hotel, it's just a standard Holiday Inn that lives up to the expectations of this sort of hotel. Value for money!

Room Tip: Odd room numbers face away from US highway 1, but the windows are sound-proof in any case.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are glad your enjoyed your recent visit with us and appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We hope your travels will bring you back.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Again stayed at the Holiday Inn in College Park, MD and had a great stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful; and, the room was nicely decorated and very clean. I chose to stay here again largely because of its close proximity to the National Archives (College Park) and its convenient location to the DC Beltway and I-95.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thanks for the great feedback and we so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your return.
Thanks again
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night from 1/14/2013 to 1/15/2013 and thought everything was fine until I returned home. Next day I noticed red bites on my face, neck and arms. I went to the Dr. and learned I had gotten bedbugs. My face looks so awful so I can’t go to work! I would definitely not recommend this hotel!!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We take these matters very serious and called a Pest Elimination company to survey your guest room to make sure that you and any other customer were not affected if this indeed was a bed bug bite. The companies result was negative and found no indications in this room.

We also participate in a pro-active program that ensures that inspections are done regularly to help keep our guests as safe as possible. Sorry this has happened to you but thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn College Park (for the second time) for 3 nights in Dec. 2012, while doing some work at the National Archives nearby (it's an easy 5-10 minute drive, depending on traffic and, at least on a previous visit, the hotel shuttle bus could be used if you didn't have a car). It's a standard Holiday Inn, functional, with friendly staff. As some reviewers have noted, it could maybe do with a spring-clean (especially the lobby); also, two of the five exercuse machines - the two treadmills - were out of action for 2 of the 3 days I was there. But everything worked and the check in/out was fast and friendly. The adjoining Moose Creek restaurant does a good buffet breakfast for $11; but the lunch and dinner experience is not so good - tired veggie wrap and awful ribs. Fortunately there are alternatives in the neighbourhood, including a Buffalo Wings (walkable) where the food and beer are OK, if you don't mind the barrage of noise and TV screens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family, the Washingtons, and I want to thank you all for the festive atmosphere and friendly service, and your excellent--delicious breakfast buffet. The hospitaly crew and managers did a great job in assuring that we had a wonderful and rememberable time. Kudo to all involved!

Cosby Washington

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I have shared this with the entire staff and appreciate your kind words.

Thanks so much as we appreciate your business. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!