“not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Canton, Texas
“not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Although they lost my reservation and i did not check in until 5:45am the next morning they were able to find me a nice clean room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Days Inn College Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Hungry23:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-345-5000.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
College Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Although the property looked old and room carpet looked worn, the room was very clean and front desk staff were outstanding in their services very friendly and well informed. Good breakfast and great location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Days Inn College Park, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear John W, Thank you for staying with us and for your review, Thank you for mentioning our staff exceptional services; our room cleanliness and our wonderful continental breakfast which is complimentary; I’m very proud of our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope that you will have the chance to use our free exercise facility and free internet service at your next visit.
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

The Days Inn College Park is in serious need of repair. It's old and the bed linens are threadbare. I'm definitely not a fussy traveler but even this was a bit much for me. The metal stairs were rusting with big holes in them. It is a no-frill, bare bones kind of place. I only paid $40 to stay there and thats exactly what I got -$40 worth of quality

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

It was a last minute decision to go to Maryland, and I found the hotel to be just the ticket. It was accessible, clean and quiet.
There was a "continental style" breakfast every morning, with some healthy options. I found the hotel staff , very responsive to my needs - especially the charming cleaning staff. I slept well, and had no cause for complaint.
I would go back

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Roads, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I've stayed in some bad hotels while moving around with the military. Many much worse for much more money. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. We paid just over $60 a night to go to DC so we didn't expect 5 star digs. We would have liked to have a microwave & mini fridge in the room but the beds were clean & the bathroom was clean so we were happy. I don't pay for a hotel to use their restaurant, their exercise facilities or to go to the spa. I pay for somewhere to sleep. If you're looking for bells & whistles you should be looking at a 4 or 5 star joint, not a motel. Parking is plentiful if a bit awkward to use - not much space between the fence & your space to turn in to. The neighborhood was pretty quiet, but Baltimore Ave is a main thoroughfare with lots of traffic. We did not have a coffee pot, & there is NO pool (some photos show one). Suggest leaving the hotel at the back entrance & going down 2 streets then hanging a left to the light when trying to get out on the main road with traffic. They accept pets too, which was a must for us on the family vacation. Only a few minutes from the parking area for the Metro so it was worth the $ to us. The internet is indeed free but I wouldn't say high speed by any means, it took several minutes for any 1 site to load. I'd recommend it if you wanted to get to DC on the cheap or you needed a last minute place to stay. It is what it is, not a 5 star but not the worst hotel on the planet either. Really near to U of Maryland for those who don't like drunk college towns, or those that do.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
DAYSINN6812, Manager at Days Inn College Park, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience. Ensuring guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Days Inn College Park,MD. I am saddened to hear that your stay was not perfect, but look forward to making your stay much more satisfying in the future. Please be informed that our outdoor seasonal swimming pool opens from Memorial Day through Labor Day of each year. Our guest rooms are also equipped with the standard amenities including coffee makers, ironing kit and guest room safes.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you better in the future.ture.
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days on a business trip. Thankfully unlike some other reviews, I didn't find any bugs, but the furnishings in the room itself were quite worn out. Upon arrival I stood around in the lobby for 10 minutes before someone showed up at the front desk.

The shower was broken when I arrived, but it was fixed after I notified the front desk. On the plus side, I made use of their advertised shuttle service which was helpful, but inconvenient since it only runs until 4pm. Overall, the hotel isn't in the best location and I didn't feel too safe walking around after dark to get some food. In fact, on my final night a huge fight broke out in the room across the hall at 2am. I notified the front desk and they sent up a security guard who stood outside the door listening to the screaming and yelling (which I could clearly hear through my closed door) and then left without doing anything. The police arrived shortly thereafter and arrested two people.
I understand that this wasn't the hotel's fault, but it simply reinforces the feeling that this hotel is a little shady. It's a great price, but look elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Lombard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

When we arrived the clerk was nice but did not know much about the area he worked in.
The next day the parking lot was full of trash and the garbage cans outside were overfilled
though I brought it to there attention and it was all cleaned and stayed clean the few days after that when we there. The room was clean but the front desk was poor service and did not make you feel welcome even when the breafast area was empty when it was still within posted it was like we were putting them out to refill it.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn College Park? Share your experiences!