“My last stay wasn't very nice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD 20740 (Formerly Best College Park Inn & Fundome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My last stay wasn't very nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is low priced and the staff are very helpful, however it doesn't compensate for the conditions. I've stayed at the Clarion quite a few times recently because of the distance of my new job and I always find myself feeling uncomfortable. Mostly, it's because of the smelly parking lot that always seems to have a stream of stinky water puddles. The carpet in the rooms is extremely filthy. My last room had several gum stains and some of them were still sticky, eeww. I personally believe that the place should be shut down. I've never visited the pool, but you can smell the chlorine in every room (even the outside rooms).

My most recent stay I had the front desk call my room several times complaining of a barking dog. The irony is that I'd called complaining about the barking dog from my cell phone. My room phone was yellow with grime so I didn't use that. Nonetheless, no one ever came around to check on the dog complaint. The receptionist had the nerve to ask if I'd brought a dog with me. That just confirmed that she'd never noted or investigated my complaints about barking dogs interrupting my sleep.

Room Tip: Pay an extra $20 to stay at a more reputable location.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went with a group of 82 people (yes eight two) We had a great trip and everything was done as I had requested them. I wanted to extend my sincere thanks to the sales staff, front desk and the kind lady at the breakfast area for their help and cooperation. We appreciate it. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

It is now past 2:30am I have called the front desk many times, they do not care about the hotel guests experience, the restaurant music is loud and can be heard over the television, I have had it with this hotel, I will never stay here again

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
A
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place needs better management just to start the work of improving the quality of stay. My reservation was based more on the photos and description, but when I arrived through the doors leading to the bar, there were only holes where the door locks belonged. The carpet was filthy all
the way to the front desk. The front desk looked like what you'd expect from a road stop for truckers, and the attendant did not try to win my business with a winning smile nor a hint of interest in the transaction. The interior looked dark and dated. For the same price I could go somewhere else and not worry about fleas and bedbugs, which are likely to be in a joint like this. I changed my mind about the stay and moved on. I felt strongly enough about it to write this candid and honest review, as a public service to fellow Americans. Best of luck to you, and please return the favor with full honesty and candor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay in College Park to pick up our son at UMD and break up a two-day drive from Boston to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. This hotel was very convenient. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was adequate and check-in and out was easy. Great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I Was With My Wife And Daughter To Spend A Weekend To Get Away And Have A Pre Birthday Celebration. The Staff At The Hotel Are Nice But The Staff At AsianFusionRestaurant hardly Acknowledged Me And Were More Interested In Talking To My Wife About The Quality Of The Food That Was Served. The Only Thing They Asked Me Was If I Served In Afghanistan! I Said No, But They Continued To Brush Me Off. The Staff Is Comprised Of Either Indian Or Muslim! Mostly Muslim. Overall.... Not Impressed With Asian Fusion. Or Haji Fusion. Learn Better Customer Service...

• Stayed November 2013
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I enjoyed staying here for a long stay. Staff was courteous, helped me with many different issues.
Great deal for the price. The Chinese food was great - Try the restaurant.
The shuttle service is excellent. It keeps the cost low. They drop you to the train and pick you up.
Laundry is close by.

Room Tip: Liked the ones in the back. Very quite and easy access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!