“Group stayed at Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD 20740 (Formerly Best College Park Inn & Fundome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Malverne, New York
“Group stayed at Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a group booked at the hotel it was a pleasure working with group sales the rates was reasonable my group leader stated that , the rooms were clean the breakfast was great the workers very nice to the group and overall her group had a wonderful stay I would book this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My job requires me to travel and stay in hotels most of the year. First let me say this - my company pays my hotel expenses, so if I don't like a hotel, I find another one. I stayed at this hotel from March until September...around 200 days. The staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room were clean and modern. I have to return to DC at the end of Oct. and have my room already reserved. As a fellow traveler I hope this review helps you.

Room Tip: Ask if a large suite is available. They are perfect for a family unit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Tiverton, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I love to go to Washington, D.C., but find the hotel prices there to be quite high, so we love to stay in College Park, MD and take the train into the city. The free hotel shuttle allows us to to this and all we have to do is work our schedule around the shuttle availability hours. The drivers are great and go above and beyond to be helpful!
I am also in a wheelchair and the accessible room seems to have been recently updated, particularly the bathroom and is worth the money. The hotel is fairly clean, but the Asian restaurant, though the food is pretty good, seemed dated and could also use an update, which I am sure is somewhere in the plans.
The staff is very nice and courteous and I cannot complain. We have stayed there three times already and I'm sure we will again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Overall we were very pleased with our recent Clarion stay. One very big disappointment was the breakfast which was offered. There were no choices within the egg/protein selection. Cold hard boiled eggs each and every morning. Also, one particular morning at 9:45A they ran out of eggs and the server refused to replenish. We did contact the front desk and get remediation. We traveled cross country using the Clarion Family of Hotels and this was the worst breakfast we ever experienced. We loved the family activites offered and this offset our poor breakfast experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Middletown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Clarion Inn in College Park, Md. The staff is wonderful, super friendly, and truly helpful with whatever you need...even at 2 oclock in the morning! Love the free continental breakfast and the big area to have it in (most hotels have little space to eat your free continental breakfast in)..only negative about the breakfast was the donuts and bagles were a bit stale and hard..but its ok the great waffles made up for that! Rooms were very clean but a bit dated and dark. Would love the comforters to be lighter and/or brighter in color..this in itself will brighten the rooms so much=). Would also really love if their were more available channels on TV (like TLC and Lifetime which I know other hotels in the area have). This was probably the one thing that made me rate very good instead of Excellent. But overall very good hotel! ..but PLEASE add more channels! Thanks for making my stay wonderful and comfy=)

Room Tip: if you don't want to be disturbed with kids playing and being kids, dont stay on the first floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
oakwood ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here at clarion at college park for vacation with my family , it is do convient to take Metro and go to Washington DC , rooms was extra ordinary clean and nice comfy bed , also they have pool side sitting and playing area amazing ,

• Stayed July 2013
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I wouldn't consider myself "High Maintenance" by any standards but I'm not so sure the Clarion Hotel staff members would say the same. I was pleasantly surprised with how attentive and helpful the staff members were with me. Michelle from the front desk seamlessly facilitated and provided a room suitable specifically for my business needs. As a traveling business man, i turn my makeshift room into an office when on the road. Although, I had some minor technical difficulties with the internet at first, Bobby Shah (GM) didn't leave my side until the problem was resolved. As a frequent traveler, I will be staying here more often when making business calls in College Park. Two thumbs for an incredible staff!
Matt

Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 266 reviews

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!