“Dependable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American
“Dependable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Dependable for chili and wings, and a friendly atmosphere. It can be crowded and noisy at times, but mostly the staff are very obliging. Their different chilies are all delicious and they will mix and match them. The wings are rather good too. And, please note, everything's available for carry out which has certainly been convenient for me and my husband.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
East Coast
“Excellent service and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I overnighted in College Park, MD on our drive from SC to CT. We looked for a sports bar with great food reviews nearby our hotel. We were undecided between Buffalo Wild Wings and the Hard Times Cafe. The food reviews persuaded us to try Hard Times and we were not disappointed. The grilled wings were excellent as were the ribs. Good cold drafts and the Olympics on the TVs made for a good break in our drive up north. Total of $45 for two for a good relaxing dinner. I recommend Hard Times for a reasonably priced good food dinner.

Maple Shade, New Jersey, United States
“Service ruined the meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Chili was amazing! Unfortunately our server (julie i think) was out of it and forget my son's order, and completely butchered my wife's order. Wife ordered chili burger and was brought a burger with pickles, then we mentioned it and waitress brought a side of chili out. At end of meal we were charged for an Elvis burgers? and another $6 for side of chili! Waitress took care of it after explaining she had a rough day because she went home to nap and was supposed to be in work at 4 but didnt get in till after 5.

Visited July 2012
“Eh. Just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Ordered chili as it was praised by other reviewers. I chose my favorite from the sampler, the Cincinati, but I was not impressed. It was pretty one-dimensional. Just meat, spices, tomato purée. I prefer a little more zest- peppers, chunky tomatoes, a squeeze of lime, some cilantro. And I prefer it a bit sweeter and less salty. We also had some wings which were good and really hot. But in general, since most of the menu is about the chili, I was expecting it to be better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Highland Park, IL
“Yumm.... Chili!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Delicious chili. Ask for a sampler before you decide which of the 4 varieties you prefer! Add beans, cheese, onions and they give you cornbread too. Very good! Watch sports on the tv's while you have your chili. Full menu too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere