“Really good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Really good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

This place is very nice! The food was excellent. Best tres leches cake I've ever had, hands down! Service was a little slow but everyone was really nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

College Park, MD
“New, Nice, Clean; Authentic Fare, but kids can get burgers! Wkends till 2am!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

You'll find Azteca across Route 1, from the Honda Dealer, just south of the Bltwy entrance, on Rt 1; dont blink! Pull-off quickly, to the right side of the entrance; lotsa hidden free parking back there! New, clean, lovely, with daytime tablecloths were my first impressions! If like me, you have problems with thick accents (owners/workers seem to be maybe from El Salvadore), ask for 'Drew;' his accent is from Minnesota! In a hurry, we found the menu a little 'busy' & hard to follow, on first sight. After ordering off the 'luncheon square,' I found the ala carte section, I wished I'd noticed earlier. Sticking with familiar fare, was very pleased to find shredded vs. ground beef in my tacos, and enchiladas were stuffed with fresh-tasting chicken. Everything tasted 'authentic!' 2 temps. of hot sauce was a plus. Large portions, & tho hungry, we couldnt finish, & wished we'd brought our own recyclable take-home containers (tho styro served us well). Will return for more diverse offerings from their large menu, that tempts with extensive, mouthwatering seafood offerings, from Sopa de Mariscos to Azteca Pasta (chicken,sausage, & shrimp, with a nice array of veggies)! Am also curious about the Sun. Brunch,10:30-3pm. Only negative was our margaritas. Was happy chose smallest of 3 sizes of the frozen original. It seemed over-pulverized, making my friend suspect a 'mix?' Tho almost whipped, with an offtaste that I could only describe as 'stale ice,' I detected no powdery taste. Drew assured the ice was fresh, and I admit to being overly sensitive, but I found the same taste in my drinking water. I think they may need to use commercial drinking water & ice, until the long-time unused water suppy pipes flush themselves out, but I could be wrong! At 1st glance, as you zip down the always-busy highway, it appears there's only 4 or 5 prkng places, in the front. I fear unless a HUGE sign is soon errected, stating "Parking in Rear,"(with a big arrow, showing where to hop off the road), that Asteca will be short-lived (and that would be a shame).

• Visited January 2012
College Park MD
“A Good College Park Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great food though the service seemed slow. I will go back but not often since prices are high and parking is a little awkward.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, great people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Heard a lot from my friends so I stopped by for the first time and it was amazing, the staff was friendly, the place was classy, the price is reasonable, and the food, ahhh....the food was so good with such a quality and attention to detail on every spices! They also get very busy on Monday nights for football and drinks in the bar area, lots of fun people!
There is an ice cream bar also with homemade ice creams, and they were the best ice cream in the area!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beltsville, Maryland
“fabulous food and lovely interior!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My family and I visited Azteca for dinner, and it was wonderful! The restaurant was lovely, with warm colors and neat interior design. Our waitress, Marina, was very friendly, attentive and convinced us to try their mango and papaya smoothies...yummy! The homemade chips and salsa were good, although the calamari appetizer was not quite what we anticipated. However the main courses were plentiful and delicious. We loved the burrito platters, and the grilled chicken taco salad had the most delectable grilled chicken! For dessert, we had their chocolate gelato, with a hint of jalapeno-- fabulous tasting!! After dinner, the manager shared with us they were getting a new supplier for their calamari, so our next visit should be even better. Overall 4 1/2 out of 5 stars!!

• Visited November 2011