“Bad customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
new york
“Bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed in Hampton Inn - College Park, College Park, Maryland 2 nights and I cannot say we had great experience nether during the stay or even more surprises we found after. We reserved 2 non-smoking rooms, but at the arrival one room had strong cigarette smell; when we asked to change front desk told us next day they will move us, which they did. But most surprises I found when we arrived home. I found my bill was doubled, which clearly showing front desk did not know how to process and navigate hotels computer system. When I called the hotel to find out why my bill is double, they gave me all king of nonsense to cover up their error. I asked manager to call me when he will come to the office and got some resistance from the customer service Kaye. Even when I left all my information to contact me, but hotel manager Bhasin called my wife’s cell number and first tried to cover up and twist the facts and terms of our reservation, and at the end he had imprudence to lecture my wife how I should be talking to hotel personnel. I do not know where he thinks he is to allow this kind of behavior with hotel guests. I would think twice to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel is great - great location for local colleges and DC, clean, awesome staff, great breakfast - over all consistently an A+ Always stay here when we visiting our son at Catholic U - price is great

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a great hotel! Def would recommend!! Great rooms, nice accomodations, breakfast was amazing! The staff look so happy to work there. Very close to shoppong and eating and also close to the highway.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The online reviews convinced me to chose this hotel for a recent visit to College Park. I was disappointed. There are signs stuck to the head board of each bed that stated that sheets and comforters are cleaned for each stay. When I pulled down the comforter on one bed I saw a lot of hairs. I thought I was being oversensitive so tried to clean them off before I saw a stain on the sheets. Then I concluded that the sheets were never changed. I called the front desk, they promptly sent sheets and I had to change the sheets. At least I knew the sheets were clean. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this has never happened to me. The rest of the hotel was fine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff was welcoming and accommodating, handling all manner of requests immediately and with a smile. The staff was as nice the last time I stayed at this property, so two times in a row, that's consistent and seems all too rare these days.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Overall, our stay was great. Rooms were clean and spacious. Continental breakfast was good. Location was great.
My biggest gripe with this hotel was the intrusiveness of staff. Housekeeping starts knocking on the door at 9am, but check out isn't until 12. They don't have Do Not Distrub signs in the room. We didn't call maintenance, but they attempted to enter our room without permission. That was uncomfortable. Staff really need to make sure people have checked out before they barge into a room.

• Stayed July 2014
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We found this hotel online the night before and we're not disappointed. $130 was a little high but the room was well-appointed, very clean and comfortable.

They even have USB built into the outlets! Great beds. HUGE breakfast selection, but it's poorly organized so guests have to climb all over one another.

Only 4 stars because the hotel amenities need a little upgrading, and doesn't have a pool.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!