“Good hotel near U of MD campus” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Good hotel near U of MD campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We rely on the Hampton Inn chain to provide a good, moderately priced, hotel for an overnight stay, especially if a morning meeting is involved and a quick breakfast is desired. This hotel did not disappoint. The hotel was clean, the room was a nice size, the hotel staff was friendly and the location was convenient for our visit to the University of Maryland. Oh - and the fresh baked cookies when we arrived - certainly hit the spot. The hotel was easy to find, right off I-95. Breakfast was an easy in and out affair, with a good number of choices, and staff checking frequently to make sure that all items were well-stocked. Definitely satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed here 3 more times since the last review and still very happy. For what a hampton inn is it is a very nice place to stay. The front desk staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful.. Last time I went for family weekend I brought my step daughters and 3 kids. The kids went swimming at 9 at night and loved it. Pool has a lifeguard and is small enough to keep an eye on them.
Breakfast is good.
Room are comforteable and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns and always feel that they are a great value. This was no exception.

I arrived at almost one in the morning, and the front desk attendant was a little strange. Apparently, someone had just recently inquired about getting a room for them and all their pets, and he thought for some reason that I was also interested in keeping pets with me (I wasn't). After he realized that I was a registered guest, he was friendly and helpful.

After a quick check-in, I was directed to my room. The parking lot seemed small for the number of rooms, and I wonder if that is ever an issue during more crowded times. The room was clean and comfortable, which I always expect at Hampton, but a little dated. The furniture and art were unattractive, but the linens were the new white duvets. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom provided enough room to get ready.

The next morning, the continental breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare: tasty, but not outstanding. I was in a hurry though, so I had to grab a muffin and fruit and did not get to try the hot breakfast items.

The hotel was easy to get to from the Interstate and clean, comfortable, and a good value. Hampton Inn is always a safe bet, and this one did not disappoint.

Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

OK, so you pay a little extra for a Hampton, so naturally you expect a little more. This hotel is nice and it has a pretty reasonable price given the area, however, it has issues. Maybe I am being picky, but I thought you should know what I ran into so it might help you if you want to stay here. Overall pretty clean, a decent breakfast, and staff seemed polite and helpful. Issues- the first room I checked into the air conditioning did not work (room was very warm and you cannot open window- they gave me a new room); the bed not very comfortable; the in room safe broken; there was hair in the shower on the walls (gross!); the showerhead was broken (they fixed shortly after I called); toilet did not flush well and quickly clogged (room service did not unclog or clean it- I had to call for someone to come); the floor of the tub/shower is very slanted so most uncomfortable to stand up in (I know it’s the tub manufacturer, but bad choice for sure!); they only change the bedding every 4 days unless you call them to have changed (this is a cutback to help them save money); and since I am an early riser I did not run into this, but I heard people at front desk and in breakfast area complaining there was no hot water. This happened to my sister 3 weeks prior. How this happens at a hotel I don’t know.

West Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The hotel was in a good location for my dinner meeting in DC and my meeting in Silver Spring. Nice facility.

My room had a slow-flushing toilet that they fixed in moments. In-room refrigerator was noisy, so I unplugged it. HVAC (heat) was also noisy, so I switched it to fan only. Slept well after working past these defects.

Room Tip: High floor away from road
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here one night while my husband participated in a volleyball tournament at the University of Maryland down the street. The property was close to where we needed to be, right off the highway, which was nice. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby. We stayed with our two kids and my brother and sister in law in one room. When we booked online we were under the impression that the room sleeps 5 adults but there was no pull out or couch when we arrived. The room was nice though so we didn't bother bringing it to the attention of the staff, we made it work. Everything was clean, new TV, nice bathroom, & comfy beds. We weren't cramped in spite of the number of people we had staying in there! Our floor was quiet throughout the night. There is breakfast included with your stay which had an excellent selection of hot and cold items plus 3 coffee choices (which is important to me!) It looked like the coffee was available all day as well. The front desk was very polite and struck up a conversation with us. Check in and check out were both speedy. Check out isn't until 12 which is great for us since we travel with an infant. We also checked in pretty early in the morning with no issues. I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

I stayed 3 night during mtg in silver springs, MD. Definitely need a car since you are no where near the metro. On the other hand it is located just two minutes from I95.

Bed is okay but nothing special otherwise hotel is in good shape except for gym (pitiful).

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!