“Very good meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had dinner with a friend while in town and this was an excellent meal. The food, service, and atmosphere were truly enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited December 2013

Long Island, NY
“You can count on good food here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

As usual--good food at reasonable prices--good service -upbeat atmosphere...
great beverage selection

Visited May 2014
Pearl River, New York
“They do not care about the customer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I went here with my wife and son (who is a Maryland student) for dinner. Afetr being seated, it took our server about 15 minutes to come over just to get a drink order (she was to busy laughing it up behind the bar with other staff) When she did come over she took our drink and appy order and came back with my wife's water, son's soda but no beer. After another 10 minutes she finally retrieved my beer from the bar. (it was poured 10 minutes earlier, I saw t there because we were seated at the high tables next to the bar) Then our appy came out (the sampler) the spinach dip was cold as were the boneless wings. We kept tring to get her attention to complain but she kept walking past us. Tried to stop another employee, but they said they would get our server. Our meal came about 30 minutes later and it looked like my chicken was thrown on the plate. My wife and son's burgers were falling apart because the buns were destroyed. I tried to get another beer when the food came but they never brought it and then charged me for it. After complaining to the manager who at first would not remove the 2nd beer from the bill because my empty glass was on the table (WHAT??!!) The waitress did tell him that she did not bring it, the manager turns to me and says " I guess you were right" no apologies about the beer or the food. this is the 2nd time I have had a bad experience here. I WILL NEVER GO BACK !!! GO to Wild Wings about 1 mile north on Rt. 1 !!! Staff there are great !

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Clearly not their day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The long wait just for the hostess to show up should have been a sign for us to go elsewhere,
When the hostess arrived from somewhere in the back, she said that despite many empty tables where was a 15 minutes wait to be seated, Why? Because they were short of servers. We agreed to eat at the bar, and our poor server was, indeed, working far too many tables, In sight of the front door, we could see the hostess disappearing for long periods. Some customers waited for 10-15 minutes before stopping a waiter to ask for help, some walked off. One group, after being pretty patient, walked off when the hostess finally showed up and told them they'd have to wait for a table.
As we were leaving, the general manager arrived to clear our plates, and I told him about the disappearing hostess. Rather than apologize, he launched into a long story about how he was short of servers some didn't show up and how it was the hostesses second day.
Reading other reviews of the Applebee's when we got how showed this is not a one-time event. Service at this restaurant is the subject of many complaints over a long period of time. '
I can live without ever eating at Applebee's again, as the menu has nothing special, and I cannot imagine a situation where I'd ever return to this one. A little better service, a manager with more sympathy and less excuse could have made a difference

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service, argumentative server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Terrible service. I had finished my meal before others in my part had even been served their food.
When we questioned our server where the rest of our order was, his reply was "I only serve the food"! He had a serious attitude. Stay away from here, all the bad reviews tell a story.

Visited May 2013