“Awesome per game lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: College Park Island Paradise. Authentic Jamaican Cuisine while enjoying authentic food, full bar, outdoor seating and Music. Open 7 days.
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Awesome per game lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great vibe! Just got our food and it is incredible!!! Ordered the chicken sampler, a jerk chicken sandwich, Mac and cheese, and a beef party. All of it was the appropriate spice level and ever so flavorful. My bill including two wines, and three sodas was under $35. We traveled about 40 minutes to get here and would gladly do it again tomorrow. Just remember that the Jamaican culture is slow and easy. Don't expect hovering servers or quick service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“Awesome Baby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place was fantastic. Best food I have had in several years. I wish I would be in town tomorrow night so I could go back.

Visited July 2012
“Excellent Jamaican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very casual, intimate atmosphere... Red Stripes Heineken's, good reggae music. The jerk chicken was outstanding, hot with just the right seasoning, exactly as I remembered from my trip to Jamaica many years ago. My friends had the fresh fish of the night - they said it was really wonderful. Service was a tiny bit slow, but we arrived late in the evening. The cook prepared everything fresh just for us. Will definitely visit again. They have nice outdoor seating for summer nights. I definitely recommend this restaurant for a unique dining experience!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dort Washington, MD
“Good Jamaican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Escoveitch filet was excellent. Jerk chicken patties were tasty but thin and they were out shrimp patties. Will try again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Largo, Maryland, United States
“Not a 5 Star restaurant so didnt approach it like it was one.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

People sometimes can be harsh in their review because they go with a certain level of expectation but if you have ever been to Jamaica and bought jerk pork and chicken from the guys on the street, in New Kingston, or anywhere else on the Island then the name of the restaurant should have told you not to go their expecting a host/hostess to greet you at the door and seat you and waiters dressed in crisp white shirts and black trousers.

I went there and felt welcomed when I walked in the door, the owner's father was there and he was very engaging. The worker behind the counter could be as engaging though. My friend and I ordered the jerk chicken and we enjoyed it, the only complaint is that the chicken should be cut up before jerking it and watch the wings as they burn easily. The homemade pineapple ginger drink was very tasty.

My intention for ordering the jerk chicken was to decide whether to order it for an event at work and I am glad I did. Here it is two days later and people at the office are still talking about how good the jerk chicken tasted In fact when it arrived and I took the cover off the tray everyone made a bee-line to the chicken as the scent wafted thru the room. I've had some people ask for the location of the restaurant so kudos to the Jerk Pit for a tasty jerk chicken. It was all gone in no time!

• Visited February 2012