“Run for your life” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Newport News, VA
“Run for your life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

This was by far one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The location was close to the U of Md but that's the only plus I can give it. The rooms were dark and dingy, the ice machine did not work on floor we were on and when we tried to find another, that was a SCARY experience. Unsavory characters hanging out inside and outside the hotel. We were fortunate to only have a 1 night stay and we ran for our lives the next morning! Find accommodations elsewhere and save yourself!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Pros:
Receptionist was very helpful and guided us on how we can plan our site seeing of DC
Free shuttle to the nearby metro
Free breakfast

Cons:
No bulbs in shades in room
Coffee maker didnt work in the room
Microwave also didnt work

• Liked — Shuttle to metro
  • Disliked — Improper elec gadgets
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed here for a night while touring colleges with my son. Hotel was a little worn but just fine for what we paid. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast that was included even boasted waffles! My two complaints were the wireless internet service (which, while free, was very slow when multiple patrons were using it) and the air conditioner that was so loud I had to turn it off to sleep. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

This hotel is not great. Don't expect it to be like the Hilton or anything. With that said, I paid $52.00 for the room on hotels.com for 8 nights and overall I was pleased with my stay. They have wireless internet - a little slow - bit it works. The room was fairly clean and so was the bathroom. The Desk could have used some improving... just a very small table. You get a nice tv, coffee machine, great air-conditioning. I could have used another power outlet and another light. But really. for the price, the location, you know what you are getting and therefore this place was a good value. I'd stay again if I couldn't afford the Hilton (which I can't.)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I stayed here for 6 nights in December while doing work at the National Archives. The positives: Very close to the Archives with a free shuttle departing 8 am and returning 4:30. Cheap! My room wa $79/night.

The hotel is pretty run down in the public areas. My room, while clean enough, was a bit shabby-chipped paint, ragged carpet. There was plenty of pillows and good water pressure in the shower. The heating/cooling system in the room was a wall unit that seemed to have two speeds - blasts of hot air or blasts of cold air. I did not partake of the free contintental breakfast, though I checked it out one day - very basic cereals, donuts, juice and coffee.

There are two gentlemen who work the front desk who are most helpful and efficient. The woman who works at night is unhelpful (could or would not tell me what restaurants if any were nearby) and curt.

• Liked — Free Wireless Internet
  • Disliked — Shabbiness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monroe, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

Booked this hotel because it was close to the University of Maryland. It is not walkable because you have to cross an expressway. The Quality Inn is walkable to the University. The staff was very friendly. I had booked a room for 2 nights. I booked a non-smoking room. When we walked into the room it smelled like stale smoke. During the night I had a severe allergic reaction to the room. In the morning I let the staff know about the room. The staff was very polite offering to change my room. I was afraid it would be the same, so I checked out and stayed at another hotel. It was a nice clean hotel, decent breakfast, mostly carbs and fresh fruit. I would not recommend if you have any allergies.

• Liked — Clean, Breakfast
  • Disliked — Not recommended if you have allergies, Fitness equipment was run down or not working
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Despite of other reactions on this website, we had a good experience at this hotel.

Room was clean and very spacious, and the staff was extremely helpful, especially the lady with the dreadlocks. She showed us were to park the car, to take the Metro to Washington and some other tips.

We stayed there for two nights, and did not experience any problems at all. Not with the staff, not with the room.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Hotel shutlle to trains stopped at 4 pm
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!