“Appreciation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Appreciation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

To whom it may concern, I writing to say that I recently had a fire in my home and was forced to leave and find a temporary living else where. I did so at the Comfort inn and suites in College Park Maryland. My stay thus far has been extremely pleasant and enjoyable mainly because of two individuals that are employed there. Darrius West and Lana Buchan. These two have been very professional, pleasant and over all helpful. They are definitely as asset to the Comfort Inn and suites organization. I will continue to use Comfort Inn for all my hotel needs in the future as long as employees like Mr. West and Ms. Buchan are part of the team.

Sincerely, Robert Davis
(240) 355-5295

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind words and we are very pleased you are enjoying your stay with us. We hope you continue staying with us and be even more wowed!!!

At Your Service,

Darrius West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
York pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

After another wonderful traffic run around the Washington DC beltway, headed to one of our previous hotel stays in Comfort Inn Beltsville, Md. On arrival around 6:30 pm was most disappointed to fine there was no room at the Inn. But as usual the staff jumped to our aid and booked us a room at the College Park, Md. Comfort Inn & Suites. About 10 minutes away. Arrived there around 6:45 pm. Checked in very quickly and provided directions to some area dining. We entered our room on the 8th. floor. Was somewhat shocked with some of the conditions found. Now I realize this hotel is in a College community so with some hesitation I decided to stay. First , for some reason the room SMOKE DETECTOR was covered with a plastic bag. ( see attached picture) Not making me feel to safe. Detector was too far above the floor for me to remove the bag, Wife and I do not smoke so, tried to look past it. Then looking around the room found the chairs stained, looked like they came from an auto repair shop.(again, look at the pictures) Since it was late we stayed any way. A/C worked fine. And yes, it was warm on this date. Bedding was exceptional, clean and comfortable. Staff appeared to be shocked to hear of these conditions.
Now my comment to "Comfort Inn & Suites" company owners. You don't need reviews like this, so I hope Comfort Inn company owners take this review as a positive review. And make the necessary changes and upgrade this hotel. Would I stay again, I think not.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We want to apologize for the lack of service you experienced. This is definitely unacceptable and I personally would like to make up for this stay. Could you please reach out to me at darrius.west@cwhotels.com or 301.441.8110 ext 3144. I would be happy to discuss further action for your inconvenience you faced.

At Your Service

Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We come to College Park once a year. This is the best hotel in the area. It is close to the University of Maryland campus, clean, with good breakfast and friendly staff. Breakfast is better than most. Kids love the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for filling out the survey. We appreciate your business and defintely look forward to seeing you next year or sooner!

Management
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week. Had a room with a queen size bed facing the park/river in the back. The room was small, but functional - even had a fridge with a microwave. Everything was also very clean. The staff were nice, the breakfast was acceptable, and the free coffee/tea throughout the day was a nice touch. It was a short pleasant walk to UMD and I was very happy with the positioning of my room. It was facing away from the busy Baltimore avenue and was very quiet - which is something that was important to me. Overall, I really can't find any faults with the hotel and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time out to fill our survey out. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hot breakfast and were given above and byond service. We pride ourselves on giving excellent service. Please let us know when you will return to the area. We'd love to have you back.

Front Office Manager
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights while vising colleges in the area. The hotel was nicely decorated and the room was updated also.

Very comfortable and convenient to the highway and Univ. of Maryland. Lots of family restaurants within 10 minute ride.

One problem - the breakfast. The coffee machine was only producing light brown water. I told the front desk and nothing was done about it. Everyone was complaining to each other. The next day the same thing happened. I told the front desk about it when we checked out and they both said that they knew nothing about that. They also needed some healthy alternatives such as skim milk, non-sugar cereal, etc.

Room Tip: I would ask to be on the floors above the lobby. The lobby is actually on the 2nd floor. Request a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guests,

We are thrilled you enjoy your stay with us and Thank You for taking the time to fill a trip advisor survey out. We are working with our vendors to develop and perfect our coffee. So please let us know when your coming back in the D.C. area and I would love to show you guys even better service!

Park Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here with my college-bound son for a college visit. It is very close to the University of Maryland, is priced appropriately, and was very clean. Although our room was a floor below the lobby, it was still located above ground, so don't worry about that if they tell you go to a floor or two below. The breakfast that was included was much like other hotels, maybe a bit better as the eggs seemed more "real" than other places we've stayed. It was a nice perk since we had to be at the college early and the area isn't flooded with places to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for you responses. We appreciate you and your son staying with us and we hope he selects University of Maryland as his new home!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the comfort inn and suites in college park and it was one of the best hotels I stayed in. The front staff was very professional and polite.Really enjoyed the variety of breakfast options they have to offer.I would also like to thank the driver Mr.Issy for letting know of good options to eat out with my family and taking me and my family to the metro and always was friendly and so helpful .I would definitely recommended this hotel to any family member or friend . Nicole Thomas

• Stayed March 2014
CICOLLEGEPARK, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Nicole Thomas,

Thank your for taking the time out for a survey regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even more pleased Issy was a great asset while you were here as well! We will definitely give him your regards. Please let us know when your back in the D.C./College Park area so we can serve you.

At Your Service,

Darrius L. West

Assistant General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!