“Good quiet stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Paris, France
“Good quiet stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week. Had a room with a queen size bed facing the park/river in the back. The room was small, but functional - even had a fridge with a microwave. Everything was also very clean. The staff were nice, the breakfast was acceptable, and the free coffee/tea throughout the day was a nice touch. It was a short pleasant walk to UMD and I was very happy with the positioning of my room. It was facing away from the busy Baltimore avenue and was very quiet - which is something that was important to me. Overall, I really can't find any faults with the hotel and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time out to fill our survey out. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hot breakfast and were given above and byond service. We pride ourselves on giving excellent service. Please let us know when you will return to the area. We'd love to have you back.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights while vising colleges in the area. The hotel was nicely decorated and the room was updated also.

Very comfortable and convenient to the highway and Univ. of Maryland. Lots of family restaurants within 10 minute ride.

One problem - the breakfast. The coffee machine was only producing light brown water. I told the front desk and nothing was done about it. Everyone was complaining to each other. The next day the same thing happened. I told the front desk about it when we checked out and they both said that they knew nothing about that. They also needed some healthy alternatives such as skim milk, non-sugar cereal, etc.

Room Tip: I would ask to be on the floors above the lobby. The lobby is actually on the 2nd floor. Request a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guests,

We are thrilled you enjoy your stay with us and Thank You for taking the time to fill a trip advisor survey out. We are working with our vendors to develop and perfect our coffee. So please let us know when your coming back in the D.C. area and I would love to show you guys even better service!

Park Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here with my college-bound son for a college visit. It is very close to the University of Maryland, is priced appropriately, and was very clean. Although our room was a floor below the lobby, it was still located above ground, so don't worry about that if they tell you go to a floor or two below. The breakfast that was included was much like other hotels, maybe a bit better as the eggs seemed more "real" than other places we've stayed. It was a nice perk since we had to be at the college early and the area isn't flooded with places to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for you responses. We appreciate you and your son staying with us and we hope he selects University of Maryland as his new home!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the comfort inn and suites in college park and it was one of the best hotels I stayed in. The front staff was very professional and polite.Really enjoyed the variety of breakfast options they have to offer.I would also like to thank the driver Mr.Issy for letting know of good options to eat out with my family and taking me and my family to the metro and always was friendly and so helpful .I would definitely recommended this hotel to any family member or friend . Nicole Thomas

• Stayed March 2014
CICOLLEGEPARK, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Nicole Thomas,

Thank your for taking the time out for a survey regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even more pleased Issy was a great asset while you were here as well! We will definitely give him your regards. Please let us know when your back in the D.C./College Park area so we can serve you.

At Your Service,

Darrius L. West

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This being my first business experience at the comfort Inn Suites, I enjoyed it. The location was quaint, quiet and the customer service was very helpful and quick. I am personally thanking Ms. Stephanie for her patience, assistance with service and direction while I attended a meeting from the time I arrived approx. 9:00am until departure 4:00pm on 2/19/2014. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. Lynette T.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you are visiting the DC area again and we will make sure you get the best service!

Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our suite had 1 1/2 bathrooms, a microwave and a refrigerator with a pull out in a separate room. This was a superior feature which helped us overcome some of the negatives. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Housekeeping did not come so we did not have enough towels, wastebaskets were full and we were out of shampoo, soap, etc. I had to wait at the front desk while the men in front of me were complaining. The gentleman at the desk was very nice and brought towels up to the room and even gave me a little laundry detergent so I could run a load of dirty clothes. The laundry room was located across from our room which was very convienient! The hotel is need great need of renovation as the room smelled musty, the vents were stained with dirt and the HVAC system was also stained with dirt. The bedspreads smelled. The breakfast was adequate with a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit. Hand sanitizer was also present which was a welcomed feature. Unfortunately, the person who was tending to the breakfast had a cold and it was unappetizing as she sniffled while handling the food. I also had to wait nearly 25 minutes for sausage and the eggs had a strange after taste. The hardboiled eggs were peeled which isn't very sanitary. I think it is deceptive to advertise a room price and then have an add on such as a safe fee. There have been complaints about this in these reviews but the hotel continues to bill in this way. I have to wonder if corporate is sincerely interested in customer relations if they do not respond to these complaints. It is a minor issue which makes me wonder even more. If this property had a renovation, it would make it a much more desirable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am so pleased that you received above and beyond guest service from us. Thats what we strive to do day in and out. Also, thank you for voicing your concerns. We have been working with our management company/owners to enhance our guests experience and features. Many changes and renovations are soon to come.
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the best suite layout we have ever stayed in. However, the tub bottom in the shower was cracked badly. Some of the bottom cracks were covered by a mat, but one was open so that water can freely go under the tub. The mattresses are also very soft, so you tend to lean in toward the center, and your back and body doesn't feel too well in the morning. The pillows are small squares (didn't bother me, but did the other 3 in my party). When we checked in, we weren't told anything about breakfast in the morning (usually are at other hotels). We requested late checkout, but the staff forgot to note it, so we got locked out of our room and had to go back to the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to go on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will definitely work on improving those items you were displeased with. Thank you.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!