“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the comfort inn and suites in college park and it was one of the best hotels I stayed in. The front staff was very professional and polite.Really enjoyed the variety of breakfast options they have to offer.I would also like to thank the driver Mr.Issy for letting know of good options to eat out with my family and taking me and my family to the metro and always was friendly and so helpful .I would definitely recommended this hotel to any family member or friend . Nicole Thomas

• Stayed March 2014
CICOLLEGEPARK, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Nicole Thomas,

Thank your for taking the time out for a survey regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even more pleased Issy was a great asset while you were here as well! We will definitely give him your regards. Please let us know when your back in the D.C./College Park area so we can serve you.

At Your Service,

Darrius L. West

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This being my first business experience at the comfort Inn Suites, I enjoyed it. The location was quaint, quiet and the customer service was very helpful and quick. I am personally thanking Ms. Stephanie for her patience, assistance with service and direction while I attended a meeting from the time I arrived approx. 9:00am until departure 4:00pm on 2/19/2014. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. Lynette T.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you are visiting the DC area again and we will make sure you get the best service!

Darrius West
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our suite had 1 1/2 bathrooms, a microwave and a refrigerator with a pull out in a separate room. This was a superior feature which helped us overcome some of the negatives. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Housekeeping did not come so we did not have enough towels, wastebaskets were full and we were out of shampoo, soap, etc. I had to wait at the front desk while the men in front of me were complaining. The gentleman at the desk was very nice and brought towels up to the room and even gave me a little laundry detergent so I could run a load of dirty clothes. The laundry room was located across from our room which was very convienient! The hotel is need great need of renovation as the room smelled musty, the vents were stained with dirt and the HVAC system was also stained with dirt. The bedspreads smelled. The breakfast was adequate with a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit. Hand sanitizer was also present which was a welcomed feature. Unfortunately, the person who was tending to the breakfast had a cold and it was unappetizing as she sniffled while handling the food. I also had to wait nearly 25 minutes for sausage and the eggs had a strange after taste. The hardboiled eggs were peeled which isn't very sanitary. I think it is deceptive to advertise a room price and then have an add on such as a safe fee. There have been complaints about this in these reviews but the hotel continues to bill in this way. I have to wonder if corporate is sincerely interested in customer relations if they do not respond to these complaints. It is a minor issue which makes me wonder even more. If this property had a renovation, it would make it a much more desirable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am so pleased that you received above and beyond guest service from us. Thats what we strive to do day in and out. Also, thank you for voicing your concerns. We have been working with our management company/owners to enhance our guests experience and features. Many changes and renovations are soon to come.
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the best suite layout we have ever stayed in. However, the tub bottom in the shower was cracked badly. Some of the bottom cracks were covered by a mat, but one was open so that water can freely go under the tub. The mattresses are also very soft, so you tend to lean in toward the center, and your back and body doesn't feel too well in the morning. The pillows are small squares (didn't bother me, but did the other 3 in my party). When we checked in, we weren't told anything about breakfast in the morning (usually are at other hotels). We requested late checkout, but the staff forgot to note it, so we got locked out of our room and had to go back to the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to go on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will definitely work on improving those items you were displeased with. Thank you.
College Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

we spent four (4) nights at your hotel recently, the suite met our expectations, with one (1) exception: the carpets are filthy, and are in great need of cleaning. All room carpets should be placed on a shampooing cycle.
You clerks were very professional.

Charles M Hunt

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is very important to us and we are definitely in the process of getting a carpet cleaning routine.
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Comfort Inn in College Park, MD over the Thanksgiving day holiday. I must say, that it was a most pleasant experience. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was excellent. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed you staying with us and are pleased your had a great stay. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night (October 2013) during a weekend trip to Baltimore/Greenbelt. I booked via choicehotels.com and requested a quiet room with a king-sized bed. Our room was on the main floor - right next to the breakfast area. When I requested another room, the clerk's facial expression was of surprise - as it was an unreasonable request. We were moved to a room with a queen-sized bed, but without any rate adjustment. When I returned home I noticed 2 questionable charges on my Visa card - both dated the same night of my stay (a charge for a Washington DC restaurant and an online purchase). That day I had only used my credit card at the Comfort Inn so it was obvious that someone from the hotel used it. My bank removed the charges and advised they would investigate but I haven't heard anything further. I made a complaint via the choicehotels.com survey but did not receive any response. After reading Lisa S.'s review, there definitely is a serious problem with the staff of this Comfort Inn. PLEASE AVOID.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and the stress you are going through. Please give us management a call at the hotel so we can help resolve. 301.441.8110
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Ramada Limited College Park
Ramada Limited College Park
#10 of 11 in College Park
3.0 of 5 stars 167 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!