“Quite Pleasant Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Quite Pleasant Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Comfort Inn in College Park, MD over the Thanksgiving day holiday. I must say, that it was a most pleasant experience. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was excellent. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed you staying with us and are pleased your had a great stay. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night (October 2013) during a weekend trip to Baltimore/Greenbelt. I booked via choicehotels.com and requested a quiet room with a king-sized bed. Our room was on the main floor - right next to the breakfast area. When I requested another room, the clerk's facial expression was of surprise - as it was an unreasonable request. We were moved to a room with a queen-sized bed, but without any rate adjustment. When I returned home I noticed 2 questionable charges on my Visa card - both dated the same night of my stay (a charge for a Washington DC restaurant and an online purchase). That day I had only used my credit card at the Comfort Inn so it was obvious that someone from the hotel used it. My bank removed the charges and advised they would investigate but I haven't heard anything further. I made a complaint via the choicehotels.com survey but did not receive any response. After reading Lisa S.'s review, there definitely is a serious problem with the staff of this Comfort Inn. PLEASE AVOID.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and the stress you are going through. Please give us management a call at the hotel so we can help resolve. 301.441.8110
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After a long day in DC we were looking forward to take a shower and getting in bed. however our room wasn't done. I contacted the front desk and the staff said she didn't know why I was going to find out, I had to call again and the answer was that the maneger wasn't responding the call. She said she will send towels and coffee to the room. Not even an apology was given for the lack of service on this day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guests,

We apo9logize for the lack of service and compassion you faced. I want to take the time and apologize on behalf of our hotel staff and please contact the hotel when you are coming back in the area, we would definitely like to change your impression of our service. Thank you.
West Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband stayed at the college park comfort inn and got our credit card number stolen . Our card was used for various businesses around the hotel area
the front desk did not want to know anything but being it was a brand new credit card they were the only ones that had my number. Anyway would I return never I would rather sleep under my car in the dead of winter before staying at that hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guests,

We truly apologize for the stress and financial issue that you had happen. We are doing our part and investigating thoroughly on our end here. Management will be in contact with you and if you have any updates please let us know as well.
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A good, value for money hotel. Property looks old, but rooms look well maintained.
Right on College Park area - provides excellent connectivity to the Capital Beltway.
Staff and service is good - no complaints.
Not the standard Comfort Inn type of Breakfast - but waffles are included. Limited seating.
Had a lot of Chinese guests at this place on most days, making breakfast in-accessible.
Just one PC with a Printer as you enter the hotel - no business center.
Pool is open type, so its not open when the weather is not warm / hot.
Fitness center is available with a few treadmills - but preferred the walks in the neighborhood.
Overall a value for money place - I might return if on a frugal budget : ))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn- College Park. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

No problems here. A large number of organizational and group bookings. Family reunions, etc. speaks to the fact that it's a good choice.
Nice professional staff looking to be helpful.
You'll have no problems here. Previous poor reviews genuinely seem out of character or far fetched. I have stayed here multiple times. Always a good bet.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. We are thrilled you enjoy our property time and time again. We hope to see you soon in your travels. Thank you!
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Even though this Hotel is on a busy Street and just down from the University it was real quite and peaceful. Not a bad Hotel if you have business at the University. Breakfast was the normal Comfort Inn offering but they do have two waffle irons so no waiting. Real Friendly staff.. Not as close to Capitol Hill as thought. Would not work to good if you were staying a week and wanted to see the sights in Washington. About a 30 minute drive to monuments.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time out to fill a survey out. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!