“Good location, very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in College Park
Dallas, Texas
“Good location, very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was here for 3 days with my son and his family while waiting for the moving van to arrive with their stuff; the breakfast buffet was very nice, good variety, not just rolls and juice; the pool has a lifeguard on duty; when I went down with my granddaughters, we were the only ones at the pool, and the lifeguard got in with the girls (ages 7 & 9) and coached them on swimming for over 3 hours; (at first the younger one wouldn't even jump in without holding her nose!) Every staff member I met was polite and helpful; the room was clean and comfortable; my chief (frequently only) complaint when traveling is that hotel room beds are not comfortable, but that wasn't the case here, which was a nice surprise!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Awesome review! Thank you for your tender comments. We pride ourselves on guest service and we are so proud it was delivered. Thank you! We hope to see you and your family soon.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is 25 min. from Washington DC, rooms are comfortable, excellent for the price. Traveling with kids The staff did the best to make us feel home for the 3 nights we stayed, thanks to STEPHEN guest service and the Lady manager, the cleaning lady at the 8th floor. The free breakfast was good , Linda, Nancy and Cathleen did an excellent job to keep up with refilling and cleanup.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! We are so overjoyed you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I spent a total of almost two weeks at this hotel the staff was courteous, accomodating & friendly. We stayed in a double room for a week and added an extra room as a courtesy they provided us with two refrigerators as well as a microwave so we wouldn't have to keep going all the way to the lobby. My family was going through a rough patch with housing but we enjoyed ourselves and were able to relax while we tried to figure things out. It was clean & quiet the continental breakfast everyday helped save us money on food and it was good. Eggs, with sausage or bacon, bagels, English muffins, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, juices, coffee, tea and we were able to make our own Belgian waffles. We were able to enjoy ourselves on those unbearable hot days in the pool & everyday at 3pm hot fresh baked cookies were available for the taking my children, husband & I enjoyed them too. They have laundry facilities for the guests as well as a fitness room I should have taken advantage of more often with all the eating we were doing. I would recommend to a friend I did recommend to a friend and her & her two sons enjoyed their stay also. All in all it was a GREAT time! I don't look forward to leaving tomorrow but I will be back very soon!

• Stayed August 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed our staff and accomodations. Thank you for all your kind words! Hope to see you and your family soon, even if ts just a Getaway.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Hopefully you are lucky enough to have Kesha check you in. After a very long and exhaustive trip from Boston, we were met with complete kindness and a smile. She pointed us in the right direction for a late dinner and "bakes" the best cookies.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great comments.Congratulations on becoming a Terrapin at UMD! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and moving transition. Feel free to have all your friends and family stay with us.
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Comfort inn & suites has a very helpful and friendly staff! I had to move all of my college dorm items, from bead spreads, to mini fridges to food items, into the hotel room for one night and out to the dorms the next day! The front desk got my room ready early so that I had a place to store all of my luggage when I arrived before I had to make practice with a very good attitude! The next morning the complimentary breakfast was very good and we got even more help from the staff! They helped us carry all of our items into their van and gave us transportation to the dorms where they helped us unload everything too, free of charge! Staff member Darius was very very insistent on carrying everything for us and was very very helpful and nice! The Hotel made our complicated schedule seem a lot less stressful and really made the trip feel easy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CICOLLEGEPARK, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Allie C,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are glad you received above and beyond service. Hope to see you soon since you are a Terrapin now! Congrats.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff working here were all very friendly and nice. The front desk was really helpful and gave me some suggestions on places to visit while there. The lady at the breakfast was really busy and managed to keep up with everything she was really friendly and helpful. The lady cleaning my room was extra nice she even went down stairs to get me some ice. I would highly recommend staying here everyone was so great and made me feel at home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful comments! We are proud that you receive above and beyond service. Please let us know when you are coming back to stay with us.

Darrius West
Assistant GM
Sellersville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Check in went smooth, Room Key worked, room was nice and clean, but half the TV channels didn't work. When I tried to get on the internet the connection was so poor that everything "timed out" because of the poor connection. Then in the morning the breakfast area was out of supplies... cups, plastic ware, Sausage, Syrup for the waffles. The staff person that was filling things didn't understand the language I was speaking so the individual didn't know what we needed. I helped myself for the plastic ware in the cabinets below once I discovered that's where they were. For a facility of that size, they were very understaffed to handle the number of people staying with them. Would I stay there again... maybe, since they are located in an ideal location for us to visit our daughter at the nearby university. But I'll probably try other places first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your concerns and taking the time to feel out our survey. I apologize for the service level you experienced. We have made some changes to our staffing and have did some retraining on current staff as well. Hope to see you in the near future and we can make a better impression.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!