“One of the best hotels I've stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland

You added College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland to your Saves list
College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9020 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
“One of the best hotels I've stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spent a total of almost two weeks at this hotel the staff was courteous, accomodating & friendly. We stayed in a double room for a week and added an extra room as a courtesy they provided us with two refrigerators as well as a microwave so we wouldn't have to keep going all the way to the lobby. My family was going through a rough patch with housing but we enjoyed ourselves and were able to relax while we tried to figure things out. It was clean & quiet the continental breakfast everyday helped save us money on food and it was good. Eggs, with sausage or bacon, bagels, English muffins, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, juices, coffee, tea and we were able to make our own Belgian waffles. We were able to enjoy ourselves on those unbearable hot days in the pool & everyday at 3pm hot fresh baked cookies were available for the taking my children, husband & I enjoyed them too. They have laundry facilities for the guests as well as a fitness room I should have taken advantage of more often with all the eating we were doing. I would recommend to a friend I did recommend to a friend and her & her two sons enjoyed their stay also. All in all it was a GREAT time! I don't look forward to leaving tomorrow but I will be back very soon!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed our staff and accomodations. Thank you for all your kind words! Hope to see you and your family soon, even if ts just a Getaway.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hopefully you are lucky enough to have Kesha check you in. After a very long and exhaustive trip from Boston, we were met with complete kindness and a smile. She pointed us in the right direction for a late dinner and "bakes" the best cookies.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great comments.Congratulations on becoming a Terrapin at UMD! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and moving transition. Feel free to have all your friends and family stay with us.
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Comfort inn & suites has a very helpful and friendly staff! I had to move all of my college dorm items, from bead spreads, to mini fridges to food items, into the hotel room for one night and out to the dorms the next day! The front desk got my room ready early so that I had a place to store all of my luggage when I arrived before I had to make practice with a very good attitude! The next morning the complimentary breakfast was very good and we got even more help from the staff! They helped us carry all of our items into their van and gave us transportation to the dorms where they helped us unload everything too, free of charge! Staff member Darius was very very insistent on carrying everything for us and was very very helpful and nice! The Hotel made our complicated schedule seem a lot less stressful and really made the trip feel easy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, General Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Allie C,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are glad you received above and beyond service. Hope to see you soon since you are a Terrapin now! Congrats.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff working here were all very friendly and nice. The front desk was really helpful and gave me some suggestions on places to visit while there. The lady at the breakfast was really busy and managed to keep up with everything she was really friendly and helpful. The lady cleaning my room was extra nice she even went down stairs to get me some ice. I would highly recommend staying here everyone was so great and made me feel at home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful comments! We are proud that you receive above and beyond service. Please let us know when you are coming back to stay with us.

Darrius West
Assistant GM
Sellersville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Check in went smooth, Room Key worked, room was nice and clean, but half the TV channels didn't work. When I tried to get on the internet the connection was so poor that everything "timed out" because of the poor connection. Then in the morning the breakfast area was out of supplies... cups, plastic ware, Sausage, Syrup for the waffles. The staff person that was filling things didn't understand the language I was speaking so the individual didn't know what we needed. I helped myself for the plastic ware in the cabinets below once I discovered that's where they were. For a facility of that size, they were very understaffed to handle the number of people staying with them. Would I stay there again... maybe, since they are located in an ideal location for us to visit our daughter at the nearby university. But I'll probably try other places first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your concerns and taking the time to feel out our survey. I apologize for the service level you experienced. We have made some changes to our staffing and have did some retraining on current staff as well. Hope to see you in the near future and we can make a better impression.

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn over 4th of July weekend. As a family of 4 with 2 young children we chose this location because we felt it would provide a good value for a great price compared to hotels that are actually located within DC. We only booked for 1 night initially because we weren't sure we would like it. When we arrived, we were VERY happy with our choice and after staying the first night, we added the 2nd night.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and courteous. I must make special mention of the staff member who helped us at the front desk; Jason was very helpful and kind. He truly made us feel welcomed and was able to answer all questions that we had.

Some of the highlights of the hotel are:

1. The location: the drive into the heart of DC is just 20 minutes and the drive to Six Flags America is only about 10 min away.

2. There are a number of places to shop and get food closeby.

3. Parking is free and never scarce.

4. There is a very nice breakfast with hot and cold options. Items offered are DIY belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage (only pork available), Quaker oatmeal, bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, Dole fruit cups, coffee, tea, etc. We were impressed with the variety. There was something for everyone.

Long story short, I think this will definitely be our home away from home whenever we visit the Washington DC area. My eldest daughter lives in DC, but she's in a tiny apartment on Capitol Hill. She enjoyed coming to visit us and also thought it was a great value.

Room Tip: I'm not sure. Just ask front desk. If Jason is there he will definitely help you to choose a goo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to take a moment to thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites near the University. As we pride ourselves on delivering superior guest service, it is our sincere hope that our facilities and services meet with your every expectation.

As a valued guest of the Comfort Inn & Suites near the University in the next few weeks you may receive a Guest Satisfaction Survey from the Choice Hotels corporate office. While the survey will only take a few moments to complete your comments are priceless to us, as we strive to exceed our guests’ needs and provide an outstanding experience each and every time you visit with us.

The survey will ask you to rate many aspects of your stay. We strive for excellence in every area, however, if there is any aspect of your visit that does not meet with your expectations please contact me via email or 301.441.8110 ext 3144. It is our goal to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel happy and satisfied. It is critical feedback from travelers like you that continues to enable the management team at the Comfort Inn & Suites near the University to fulfill our pledge for continuous service improvement.

If your travel plans have you returning to College Park or the surrounding area in the future, we hope you will once again select the Comfort Inn & Suites near the University.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our stay (8 days) was wonderful. Maintenance, Maid Service, and Front Desk were very friendly! Breakfast was great. They had an employee on staff just to take care the breakfast room. Did not use the shuttle, but it would have been very handy if needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in College Park
3.0 of 5 stars 254 reviews
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland? Share your experiences!