“Service means so much.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland

You added College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland to your Saves list
College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9020 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
“Service means so much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were in College Park for National History Day and stayed at this Comfort Inn for 5 days. The place was packed with kids, parents and teachers as were other venues in the city. This Comfort Inn would deserve 3 stars for average if it weren't for the how helpful and kind the staff were.. When I got there with my grandson, I was dismayed to get a room that had a mildew smell, One of the managers,, Bryan, I think, immediately did a computer search, which was difficult because there were so many rooms booked. He gave us a different room, but the air conditioner rattled. I came down to ask for a change. He got another man to help with a computer search, and found a room, but before giving it to me, he went upstairs to check it out first. It was a clean, comfortable room with good beds and a good shower. The two young women, Lana and another at the desk, both new were really sweet.. Then when I was in a rush to catch the metro to go to Reagan Intl., I got ready to get out of the motel van and couldn't find my wallet. The driver drove me back to the motel where Darius,, another manager, helped me look all over the lobby and gave me a bottle of water. It turned out that my wallet was on the floor of the van and the driver raced me back to the metro. By now, the reader probably thinks I'm a bit wacky, but National History Day is quite stressful and the team at the motel were really supportive. Thanks guys! If any of my grand kids place again, I'll be back - and I do have to mention that my 12 year old grand daugthter and her partner placed first in the nation in junior group performance.

Room Tip: first floor problematic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Front Office Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thanks for the great feedback and we so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your return.

Darrius West

Edgewood, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the is hotel for 5 nights for National History Day competition at University of Maryland. The rooms were clean and quiet and large enough for four adults. We were on the backside of the hotel which had a beautiful view of a river and wooded walking trail. We had a car and the hotel is close to the metro. They provide a shuttle to the metro and university but it usually had a line waiting so glad we had the car. During the weekend, the hotel was full and they provided another room for breakfast. Even with that the server got overwhelmed but I saw the office staff and manager come out to help. The staff was very friendly and helpful!!! We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Darrius
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pros: Close to interstate and DC, price was good
Cons: Rooms are dirty and old, bathrooms are small and under equipped, poor temperature control, breakfast is terrible, pool was not open, kids were afraid of bed bugs
We arrived about 10:00 pm and left for DC early the next morning. I voiced all of my concerns before leaving for DC hoping to arrive back that night to a "fresh" room. When we arrived back late that night, the bed had been made. That was it. I expressed my concerns again that night and the next morning when we left. I gave my number to the clerk who assured me the manager would call and adjust our bill for the inconvience. One week later when we returned home, still no call from manager and credit card had been charged full amount.
I called the hotel and spoke to the manager. Supposedly, this was the first time he had heard of the concerns. My credit card was was adjusted for one night. I truly feel that both nights should have been refunded back to my credit card. The hotel was just that bad!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelMo M
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We would like to apologize for the issues you faced as a guest at our hotel. There is no explanation for this type of service. We had a meeting and explained to the staff how one mistake could make the difference with our hotel guest experience. The staff and I really care about our guest and we want every guest to feel that the money and time was well worth it.

Darrius West

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We like that this hotel is right near a park and walking trail and welcomes our medium-size dog (over the required limit). The staff is friendly, the breakfast pretty good. We had a suite this time which a bit expensive but was nice and roomy with two bathrooms. It is a bit hard to enter the hotel from the opposite side of the road due to traffic. It is close to the university, restaurants, and the Metro.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Director of Sales at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us, we’re happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you, we look forward to your return!!!
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved the breakfast, the quiet neighborhood, the linens and bathroom is clean and lastly the convenience to the University where i was taking a 3 week course. Would return and recommend this place as it is pocket friendly for the standards that they have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
The staff and I wish to thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to leave a lasting impression on you. If perhaps you are ever in our area again please feel free to make our hotel your home away from home.
Nesconset, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for a college visit to U of MD on 4/19/13. its appearance matched the other choices in this neighborhood. a bit outdated, somewhat depressing, but adequate for one night. the clerk seemed tired and robotic, but not rude. i was looking for a complimentary cup of coffee that this chain is known for, but there was none. we made some in the room but poured out most of it because i can't stand powered creamer.

our room was clean, but dark and dingy. the sheets on the bed were made in such a way that they only came up to my waist so i spent the entire night tugging up on them, to no avail. bathroom was clean, with enough towels and minmal toiletries, though we brought our own.

breakfast was ok- made a waffle, slice of bacon and an apple.

this establishment is not luxurious by any means but was fine for a place to sleep overnight.
our exciting tour of the campus made up for what the hotel lacked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback regarding your stay with us. Our goal is provide 100% guest satisfaction and we did not meet that with you. We hope that you can accept our apologies. We appreciate your business and wish that we could have provided a better stay for you and your family.

Thank you again for your providing your feedback.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Decent enough for brief visit to Univ of MD College Park. Functional and charmless. Room was clean and very basic. We had 1 BR suite. First room we were given smelled of smoke - front desk had no issue moving us to another identical suite. King bedroom had ensuite full bath, and living room with sleep sofa had half bath. Sleep sofa had no pillows. Half bath had no towels, and only 2 sets in master. There were three of us and upon request, front desk delivered another set of towels first night. When we returned to hotel second nite, there were again just two sets of towels. We returned to front desk and got another set. They didn't have any extra pillows for the sleep sofa. Not sure how this is possible, but we made two requests and got same answer each time. Our room faced the road and was pretty noisy with sirens overnight.

Breakfast is included and is also functional and basic. The very basic workout room has one treadmill, one bicycle and one elliptical but only one power cord so only one person can work out at a time. There is one multi-function weight machine, and seems to be missing attachments, and no instructions/charts for using it. No weights, no bench.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the main road are probably quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return to us when you’re in our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in College Park
3.0 of 5 stars 254 reviews
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland? Share your experiences!