“small room in basement” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
connecticut
“small room in basement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

we were coming back from SC and wanted a place to stop over. The hotel was packed, we had a room on the 2nd floor towards the basement. There were confrenence rooms there. The room was very tiny. It was Ok for one night, but anything else, no way. The breakfast was good, but not enough seating, some people ate in the lobby. Then we wanted to go to a bar pub for dinner. The traffice and parking are a joke. We drove around a parking area for 10 minutes, it was attached to an apartment, no parking spots at all. Then we found this place down the street, and had to park in a open strip mall, and they had parking meters in the middle of the parking area, and if you had no change you had to use your credit card. After that we went to Applebyes for a drink, and also had to pay for a meter. The college is huge and the students take up all the parking spots. If you dont have a kid going there, dont stop there, very congensted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thanks for the feedback. Please feel free to contact any member of our Management Team to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited Maryland for a series of meetings and stayed here, while dated, the hotel was clean with typical Comfort features, such as breakfast and the shuttle was a nice feature. The area is a bit sketchy though.

• Stayed March 2013
We are so pleased that your accommodations were to your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We hope your travels will bring you back soon!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a conference held on the university campus and was very satisfied. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I liked the breakfast, especially the good scrambled eggs. It's about a 15 minute walk to the main entrance to the campus. My only complaint was that the Wi-Fi signal in my room (on the 8th floor) was so weak that I couldn't use the internet and had to go down to the breakfast room where the reception was good.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back of the hotel will be quieter and away from the traffic noise of busy Route...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Don,

I wish to thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to leave a lasting impression on you. I am glad you were very satisfied with your stay. We'll be sure to contact our internet service provider to rectify the Wifi connection issue you experienced on the 8th floor. Whenever your in our area please feel free to make our hotel your home away from home.
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn becasue of its location (close to the University of Maryland) & its pet-friendly policy. A good enough experience that I will stay there again in preference to the 3-stars in nearby Greenbelt, MD. Worthy of mention is the complimentary breakfast which includes decent scrambled eggs & bacon plus make-your-own waffles.
Only negative about our stay is that the internet went out & I couldn't interest the staff in making any effort to correct this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us, we’re happy to hear you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to address this topic regarding the Internet connection and how our Guest Service agents responded in our next meeting with the staff and General Manager to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you again, we look forward to your return!!!
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is just your average hotel. The room was clean but out dated feeling. Staff was very nice but had problems with other guests coming in through out the night very loud and drunk. The front desk button on the phone didn't work. Lucky it was only 1 night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost we would like to apologize for the noise issue you faced as a guest at our hotel, but we'll also like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your expericence. I can't change what happen that day but If you allow us the opportunity we can change the moment. The staff and I really care about our guest and we want every guest to feel that the money and time was well worth it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I just checked in to the hotel, the staff especially Brian (the GM) are excellent. We are frequent business travelers (6months out of a year) and I honestly say this is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had. We travel with a 15 month old and all of my special needs were met. Breakfast is excellent, my room very clean (no hairs or stains). I will be recommending this hotel to our colleagues, YOU CAN'T DO BETTER FOR THE PRICE!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate you letting other travelers know about your stay. We look forward to having you visit us again!!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am currently a doctoral student at the University of Maryland and commute from Pittsburgh, PA. I stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites two to three nights a week. I have had an excellent stay during my four months at the Comfort Inn. The general manager Brian, is always extremely kind and aways asking me how my stay is going. Mark, who works at the front desk, is always very hospitable and kind. I always enjoy talking with him.

My room, including the bathroom (I have stayed in many different rooms) has always been clean and well maintained. The staff always replaces my linens and cleans my room throughout my stay. The breakfast is very good and I use the exercise room often. I spend a lot of time in my room studying and have never had an issue with distracting noises. I feel very safe and comfortable staying in this hotel.

I researched many hotels in the College Park area and found the Comfort Inn & Suites to be the the closest to campus, nicest hotel, and best amenities for the cost. I highly recommend staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for recognizing the great hospitality our staff has to offer. We very happy you enjoyed your accommodations. We value all of our guest comments and especially ones that say were doing an outstanding job. We look forward to serving your guest needs whenever you are in the area. Thanks again!!!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!