“What you would expect” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Long Island, NY
“What you would expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is just your average hotel. The room was clean but out dated feeling. Staff was very nice but had problems with other guests coming in through out the night very loud and drunk. The front desk button on the phone didn't work. Lucky it was only 1 night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
First and foremost we would like to apologize for the noise issue you faced as a guest at our hotel, but we'll also like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your expericence. I can't change what happen that day but If you allow us the opportunity we can change the moment. The staff and I really care about our guest and we want every guest to feel that the money and time was well worth it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I just checked in to the hotel, the staff especially Brian (the GM) are excellent. We are frequent business travelers (6months out of a year) and I honestly say this is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had. We travel with a 15 month old and all of my special needs were met. Breakfast is excellent, my room very clean (no hairs or stains). I will be recommending this hotel to our colleagues, YOU CAN'T DO BETTER FOR THE PRICE!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate you letting other travelers know about your stay. We look forward to having you visit us again!!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am currently a doctoral student at the University of Maryland and commute from Pittsburgh, PA. I stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites two to three nights a week. I have had an excellent stay during my four months at the Comfort Inn. The general manager Brian, is always extremely kind and aways asking me how my stay is going. Mark, who works at the front desk, is always very hospitable and kind. I always enjoy talking with him.

My room, including the bathroom (I have stayed in many different rooms) has always been clean and well maintained. The staff always replaces my linens and cleans my room throughout my stay. The breakfast is very good and I use the exercise room often. I spend a lot of time in my room studying and have never had an issue with distracting noises. I feel very safe and comfortable staying in this hotel.

I researched many hotels in the College Park area and found the Comfort Inn & Suites to be the the closest to campus, nicest hotel, and best amenities for the cost. I highly recommend staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for recognizing the great hospitality our staff has to offer. We very happy you enjoyed your accommodations. We value all of our guest comments and especially ones that say were doing an outstanding job. We look forward to serving your guest needs whenever you are in the area. Thanks again!!!
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

On homecoming weekend at the University of Maryland, the hotels get booked up quickly and prices go up too. I know, because I've been going to homecoming for the past 4 years and I've been traveling back to Maryland and staying in the College Park area for the past 17 years. I booked several months in advance for our trip on October 19th, 2012. I've stayed in most of the hotels in College Park, including the Clarion Inn, HoJo, Day's Inn and Quality Inn. For location the Quality Inn is the best since it is 1 block from the campus and you can walk to the University, however it's a bit pricey for an older, slightly run-down hotel. This Comfort Inn was reasonable at a sub 100/night for homecoming weekend. Most other mid-tier hotels were averaging a little over 100/night for that weekend. The Days Inn has been a bad experience for me. The HoJo is decent, but a bit further up the road from the campus. The Clarion Inn is okay, but is also a bit older and a bit more run down and it's just across the street from this Comfort Inn. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a value-oriented hotel so the rooms are going to be average. This is a single-building hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I wish to thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to leave a lasting impression on you. I am glad you were satisfied with your stay. We look forward to having you with us for Homecoming 2013. Thanks again!!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We just tried to check in for parent's weekend at UMD. The room smelled funny and then we heard a howling start. There was a dog right next door howling nonstop. The manager said they don't usually allow dogs but the manager made an exception. The only other room available was right above the noise and 3 other people already moved out. Checking into a different hotel right now.

• Stayed October 2012
CICOLLEGEPARK, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I would first like to thank you for chooing us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites in CollegePark,MD. I would like to take this time to apologize to you and your family for not enjoying your time with us here, and to let you know that, we take all issue very serious here, and we will look into our practices of being a pet friendly hotel and watch more carefully were we place our pet rooms so that they don't interfere with other guest of the hotel,as we love having all of our guest here, so again i do apologize for the stay and if you would please give us another chance here i assure you we can make you and your family happy.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just got back from a 9 night stay at the Comfort Inn in College Park. We had a great experience. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was great, bathroom clean. Full breakfast every day, with scrambled eggs, bacon, make your own waffles and the best blueberry bagels. Fridge and microwave in the room. Shuttle service is availabe to the College Park metro and the College Park National Archives. The wait time for the shuttle was not over long. Shuttle available on a first come first serve basis. The shuttle is the way to go, since traffic on Route 1 during the week is very heavy. BTW, regarding the safe charge, we did have a safe in our room, we didn't use it and they gave us a credit for the daily charge. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
This is a wonderful compliment. The staff has been made aware of this and because we receive good reviews like yours people want to stay and experience that type of service. Again thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.
Jupiter, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Granted we had a coupon for $80, the hotel was old, lobby smelled, hair on the blanket.... Yuck. Would not recommend. Didn't even try the breakfast. I've stayed in many comfort inns and this was the worst!!

• Stayed September 2012
CICOLLEGEPARK, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I would first like to thank you for bring these issue to my attention and say that i am truly sorry for any unpleant time that you spent here and so that you know that i take all complaint serious no matter how ,you arrive here via coupon or word of month, we would like all of our guest to truly enjoy there stay with us. So i want to take this time again to say thank you for chooing us and i hope you will gives us another chance, so i look forward to seeing you.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!