“two night stay with 30+ nights to go” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
atlanta
“two night stay with 30+ nights to go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Was only in the room for two nights but many more are to come.
First the good. I asked for a refrig and micro and they were delivered promptly and free. My room was reasonably clean. The free breakfast was good, granted I'm not too picky. Had the shuttle service drop me off and pick me up from the Metro staion for a visit to DC, the driver was prompt on pick up and very curtious. Front desk was helpfull and curtious. My room faced the rear and the view was nice. Did go bowling, its accross the street
Now the bad. Seedy charactes abound. My room was dark and tight. I'm going to ask for a king bed next time in hopes that it opens the room up a bit, suggest you do the same. The refrirg was just that, no freezer Had to ask for a tv channel line up and it was incomplete at best. The printer at the sole public computer was light print with black outs on both sides.
All in all from reading the other reviews I'm judging my stay and opinion is better than thiers. Let you know more after my extended stays.

Room Tip: Choose rear facing room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, Sales Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Banging doors, flies and suspicious activity all night long.

Room Tip: Go somewhere, anywhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CICOLLEGEPARK, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for the constructive criticism regarding your stay. Whereas we regret that your stay was less than enjoyable, please be assured that aggressive improvements are being made that addresses each of your concerns. Upon your return to the area, I would welcome the opportunity to showcase changes made since your stay. The team at the Comfort Inn & Suites recognizes the importance of valued travelers like yourself and establishing guest trust. We look forward to hopefully a return visit when in the area.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I am 29years old and have stayed at WAY better hotels then this one right here....not knowing too much about the area my family and I reserved this hotel to go and see family. It was a great look because they allowed me to use my coupon for 89.99 when the original price was 130.00. When we arrived the outside and lobby looked very nice and clean, but once we got into the elevator I was ready to go home...the elevator looked like it had seen better days and the hallways to the rooms looked and felt like a dungeon. The rooms were beyond basic and the rugs have definitely seen better days. The bathrooms looked nicer than the actual room and seemed to be cleaner then the bedrooms as well. The breakfast was great! The worse part of the trip is that we stayed for two days and not ONCE did housekeeping come and clean our rooms or replenished the towels. I called down to the front desk to ask for towels they said no problem but NOBODY showed up. I happened to catch one of the housekeepers in the halls and asked for washcloths she told me NO!..like really then I figured out she didn't speak English....sigh....this was the worst stay I should have stayed somewhere and plan on doing that the next trip. If anything please stay at the Holiday Inn and Express down the street if you can or somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

After traveling for a few hours, my husband and I were excited to stay at the so-called "cozy" comfort inn. Little did we know that we were about to embark on a special journey; this was known to us as "poop on the towel".
After taking a brief nap, my husband went to wash his face. When he went to use the napkin he found brown marks on the towels which had a wretched smell. We completely urge every single one of you never to use this hotel. The manager refused to give us a refund or even a discount after the horrid site. The towel's poop actually made my husband so sick that he had to go to the doctor.
Additionally, we are observant Muslims so the staff was kind enough to let us pray downstairs in the basement, but it smelled like mildew and we could barely breathe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were not looking for anything fancy, just a basic hotel for one night to look at colleges for the day. Comfort Inn is ok. Nothing fancy, not expensive, relatively clean. Basic breakfast buffet included. Other than a couple of cobwebs in the corners the room was clean. If we go back the only thing i would change is the room location. the room we had was next to the elevator shaft and we could hear it clunking up & down until midnight or so. Otherwise we got a basic room for a good price and i was satisfied.

Room Tip: don't get room behind the elevator. Upper rooms in back view have better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at several Comfort Inn's in the DMV, but this was by far the worst. I arrived around 10 pm, and was told I would have a suite. Yay! I thought ---- psych! Upon laying my bag down on the dresser, I discovered there were little black ants crawling around, and by the time I discovered them, several has already creeped into my bag. I called the front desk, and the person on duty assured me he would come up to my room with the ant spray. After 15 min, he still did not appear. Before I proceeded to go down and get it myself, I went into the bathroom, only to inspect both the toilet and tub, and discover the weren't clean. By this time, I noticed ants crawling on the bed, so I left to go downstairs to change my room. After many apologies, I was given the keys to another room, upon which when I entered the bathroom, I noticed the toilet seat up, with urine all over it. Again, back downstairs to the front desk, upon which this time I was escorted to another room. The associate entered it with me, inspected the bathroom which was fine, and then left. But to my horror, when I went to turn back the sheets, there was massive body hair, finger nail filings and spots on them. I went downstairs to the front deskfor the last time where I was told that that was the last room available. I thanked them, and left for the holiday Inn down the street, where I had a comfortable time and was treated royally. The sad part about all of this, is that the hotel staff at the Comfort Inn did not offer any type of compensation for the sheer inconveience of it all. They could have even given my info to the manager so that I could be given a courtesy call. Their professionalism in my view was lacking, as it's not everyday that one goes through three rooms in one night and have major problems with each of them. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Silver Spring several times, and have never had a problem. Something needs to be done about this establishment at this location. - The End-

• Stayed September 2011
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
First of all, I apologize to you for your experience. There are no excuses for what you encountered. The management staff has recently changed and the focus of the new management team is clear and concise - cleanliness and friendliness. Evidently on this almost sold-out night in question, we did not adequately follow through or follow up. Please know that I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and I fully intend to deal with the issues raised.
A more recent glance of the hotel at present will prove that the evidences of the "new" changes are already visible. Retraining staff in their craft and the customer service ethic is tantamount and we are seeing drastic changes. I apologize that they were not evident during your brief visit. Again, rest assured that I take all of these concerns seriously and will respond no differently until the expectation of you, our guests, are met and exceeded.
Feel free to contact me should you so desire. I would greatly anticipate hearing from you.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My son is a freshman at tjhe University of Maryland. I had stayed here at orientation in July. At the time, the hotel seemed a bit musty, the furniture seemed out-of-date and the staff seemed disorganized. I decided to try it once again for move-in weekend, since it is the closest hotel to the school and with the impending Hurricane Irene, I wanted to be nearby so I wouldn't have to drive far. Apparently, since my original stay, a new general manager and his staff have been hired and the difference is dramatically better. The rooms are being re-done and improved, the staff is immeasurably better and more helpful and its an entirely different feeling. Given the close proximity to the school, this seems like the best bargain in College Park for parents of university students.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CICOLLEGEPARK, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
It was our pleasure to serve you. We are so glad that you have acknowledged the fact that we are trying to improve this property. As you have so aptly put it, the new management staff in place has been tasked with detailing what needs to be done and do it. It is refreshing to hear that the changes are being evidenced. We are retraining staff and reinstituting the basics - cleanliness and friendliness - along with a new attitude about our tasks - to provide a home away from home as you travel and handle the business for which you have come to this area to accomplish.
Our new and improved free full breakfast, new fitness center and newly renovated pool area are just a couple of the many exciting new additions. We are poised to do more.
With such close proximity to several important places - Univ. of MD, the Junior Tennis Center, College Park and Greenbelt Metro stations and being minutes from Downtown Washington, DC, we have several reasons why Comfort Inn & Suites College Park IS the place to stay.
We have heard the concerns of the past. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you so much for your review.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!