“You get what you paid for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Cockeysville

Save Saved
You added Ramada Limited Cockeysville to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Cockeysville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10100 York Rd., I-83 North Exit 17, Cockeysville, MD 21030   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cockeysville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You get what you paid for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friends and I were traveling and decided to stay here for a night and it really is what you pay for. The breakfast was something I could have bought at the gas station myself. The beds were alright but not conducive to a good night's sleep. If you are just passing through and can sleep anywhere, this place is for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was not pleasant and unorganized. The hotel decor is very out of date. It needs major updating. The cleanliness is moderate at best. The comforters had cigarette burn holes in them. The nightstand was rotting and there was mold in the bathroom. Just gross. Be mindful that the doors open from the outside and there are no elevators. So if you get a second floor room, be prepared to hike the stairs.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room on the first floor on the back side away from the busy street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at this site with a tour group from Tennessee the weekend of the presidential inauguration. We were originally assigned to room 260, which is in the second building on the end of that floor beside the pool area. As described by another guest, we also had difficulty opening the door. However once the door was open that was nothing compared to the aroma of mildew that immediately hit in you in the face. After inspecting the room we were able to deduce why the place reeked of mold and mildew. There was obvious mold in one of the chairs. There were water stains, mold, & other un-identifiable substances on the wallpaper behind and above the nightstand between the beds. It did not appear as if the carpet had been vaccumed as the floors were dirty and one of the traveling companions in my room even found a hook (possibly to a curtain) on the floor of our room. We initially called the front desk and they sent a gentleman up to spray the room, which seemed to help a bit with the smell. We were skeptical about remaining in the room breathing in the mold/mildew but decided we would try to ride it out since we would only be there for two nights and mainly to sleep and bathe only. I also noticed the remote control to the television had no backside to it & the batteries were held in place with scotch tape. The final straw came when my sister saw something moving on one of the pillows, so she moved closer to inspect it and found it to be a bug. She then proceeded to kill four such bugs in rapid succession. At this point we called the front desk again. The lady who was there seemed to know that this room (or possibly several others) had issues because she promptly moved us to another room on the second floor & opposite side of the building. The new room wasn't as bad as we did not see any more of those bugs, that we suspect were bed bugs but the front desk attendant couldn't identify. The new room also appeared to be more modern as evidenced by the shower fixtures and furniture. (Although two of the dresser drawers would not open and appeared to be locked, however there was no key hole for a lock and we suspected the furniture was broken and glued shut .) There was a big stain in the middle of the shower which had the appearance of dirt, but was actually from where someone had a shower mat in that spot previously. The comforters in our new room did not have cigarette burn holes like our previous bedroom had although we did find a mouse trap behind the vanity stand in this room with a piece of uneaten cheese in it. After all of this I can't say the price, complimentary breakfast, free internet, or any other features of this hotel made up for the deficiencies. We also were not suprised the next day when several of our traveling companions told us that they had experienced the same bugs (even blood splatters on the wallpaper), mold in their refigerators, mouse traps in their rooms, and overall dust/dirt/cobwebs/filth. This hotel is a certifiable dump and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel altogether.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
WAYNESBORO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had to tackle the door to get into the room and had to pull with all my might to shut it on the way out and then it shook the whole building! There was only one working receptacle and that was at the bathroom sink, so I had no light or place to charge my computer at the desk. I called the front desk and maintenance came to look at the outlet next to the desk, but he couldn't get it to work either. I mentioned all this at check out and they did give me a 10% discount. There was a LOT of noise both mornings from trash trucks right in front of my room since the motel has several businesses in front of it and their trash receptacles are right in front of the motel. The breakfast was ok in general but the waffles were terrible. The manager said that he could no longer offer the self made waffles because of Maryland laws requiring him to provide special training to his breakfast staff. If I stay here again, I will check out the room more closely before I move in and ask for one farther away from the trash receptacles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Limited Cockeysville? Share your experiences!