I stayed at this site with a tour group from Tennessee the weekend of the presidential inauguration. We were originally assigned to room 260, which is in the second building on the end of that floor beside the pool area. As described by another guest, we also had difficulty opening the door. However once the door was open that was nothing compared to the aroma of mildew that immediately hit in you in the face. After inspecting the room we were able to deduce why the place reeked of mold and mildew. There was obvious mold in one of the chairs. There were water stains, mold, & other un-identifiable substances on the wallpaper behind and above the nightstand between the beds. It did not appear as if the carpet had been vaccumed as the floors were dirty and one of the traveling companions in my room even found a hook (possibly to a curtain) on the floor of our room. We initially called the front desk and they sent a gentleman up to spray the room, which seemed to help a bit with the smell. We were skeptical about remaining in the room breathing in the mold/mildew but decided we would try to ride it out since we would only be there for two nights and mainly to sleep and bathe only. I also noticed the remote control to the television had no backside to it & the batteries were held in place with scotch tape. The final straw came when my sister saw something moving on one of the pillows, so she moved closer to inspect it and found it to be a bug. She then proceeded to kill four such bugs in rapid succession. At this point we called the front desk again. The lady who was there seemed to know that this room (or possibly several others) had issues because she promptly moved us to another room on the second floor & opposite side of the building. The new room wasn't as bad as we did not see any more of those bugs, that we suspect were bed bugs but the front desk attendant couldn't identify. The new room also appeared to be more modern as evidenced by the shower fixtures and furniture. (Although two of the dresser drawers would not open and appeared to be locked, however there was no key hole for a lock and we suspected the furniture was broken and glued shut .) There was a big stain in the middle of the shower which had the appearance of dirt, but was actually from where someone had a shower mat in that spot previously. The comforters in our new room did not have cigarette burn holes like our previous bedroom had although we did find a mouse trap behind the vanity stand in this room with a piece of uneaten cheese in it. After all of this I can't say the price, complimentary breakfast, free internet, or any other features of this hotel made up for the deficiencies. We also were not suprised the next day when several of our traveling companions told us that they had experienced the same bugs (even blood splatters on the wallpaper), mold in their refigerators, mouse traps in their rooms, and overall dust/dirt/cobwebs/filth. This hotel is a certifiable dump and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy!
Pick a different hotel altogether.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.