“Great local find” 5 of 5 stars

11950 Falls Road, Cockeysville, MD
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Great pit beef, owner operated, off the beaten path in a non commercial location, unique stop.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great local find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband's friend's family owns this roadside country place. Great pit beef and fixings! Ate outside at picnic table facing wooded area with stream. Also had indoor seating. Great pit stop on our way home to Baltimore returning from drive to York, PA. Also tried the Italian sausage, but not that good. The sandwiches were loaded with meat cooked to our liking, delicious! My husband couldn't believe I ate the whole thing at 1 time! Looking forward to going back! They also have snacks and drinks. They were busy, people coming and going constantly. Must try!

Reisterstown, Maryland
“Best Pit Turkey Sandwich Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Jake's has been our favorite place for pit turkey, beef, and ham and for ribs for a long time so I finally decided to write a review. My family has tried many, many places for pit meat sandwiches and ribs, and I am telling you Jake's is the best I have ever had anywhere! Not only is the quality of the meat beyond outstanding, but the quantity they give you is over the top! We usually get ours to go, but if you want to sit down and enjoy your meal there, you can sit down in their "no frills" dining area and enjoy a game on their big screen tv while you feel at home visiting with Jake and his super friendly staff! There is always the gift of a flower for each female patron too! Highly recommend!

Visited March 2014
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went here with my dad daughter and friend today. Loved loved loved everything. The sandwiches were huge. I had ribs. A half order was huge. My only complaint was when I dropped BBQ in my extensions lol but that was my own fault. The owner was very friendly as were the over people working. Thanks for a great lunch

Baltimore, Maryland
“Just good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good eaten! The pit beef was great along with other items selected!!! I was very impressed with the taste. The folk who run the place are down home friendly!

Newberry, South Carolina
“Excellent Pit Beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The pit beef sandwich was excellent and a great value. The beef had great smoky flavor and was piled high on the bun. Jakes has several excellent sauces to choose from that complimented the beef. For $6 it was it was large enough for two to share. I was disappointed with the ribs. Although tender they had way too much BBQ sauce that masked the flavor of the ribs. I would stick with the sandwich.

• Visited July 2013