“There are gross hotels and then there is this hotel.....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

You added Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7851 Malcolm Rd., Clinton, MD 20735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Comstock Park, Michigan
“There are gross hotels and then there is this hotel.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I want to start the review by screaming, RUN AWAY! You are not doing yourself any favors by saving any money here. I thought well this is kind of cheap and my husband is in the military, they usually have nice modest hotels near the bases. This is NOT what that is. There are stray cats in the parking lot, our toilet over flowed, and they didn't hardly clean it up. The people who checked me in sat there are argued with each other on how to do it. For breakfast they had cereal with a half gallon of milk sitting out on the counter. The rooms were disgusting, I can't even begin to tell you. Spend 20.00 more a night and get a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cheltenham, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First and Foremost I was not able to check in because i wasn't notified that i had to be 21 to purchase a room. As my boyfriend was on his way to get the room for us. the clerk told me and some friends that was already there we had 5 minutes to get off the property or he was going to call the police and i wasnt refunded my 18.99 service fee that i was told i will receive back. I will never ever go back to the hotel ever ever again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Millville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

We checked in at 11pm on a Friday and quickly left Saturday morning. This place was beyond disgusting. There were roaches all over our room and one crawled across my daughter's face while she slept. My sister was in a room next to ours and her room had dried up vomit in her sink. She complained to the front desk and they gave her another room...which had marijuana butts all over and stunk beyond belief.

When telling the man at the front desk about the roaches, he said "there's nothing I can do about that, that's our housekeeping". The only good thing was they didn't argue when we asked for our money back that we paid for Saturday and Sunday.

Don't even pull into their driveway.

Room Tip: All the rooms are bad. Stay in your car if you have to.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Buckeye, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

On March 18, 2015, I check into this hotel at 11:17pm. In the parking lot there was a woman yelling and cursing in the parking lot. The parking lot had poor lighting. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby held a strong odor and no elevator going to the second floor. We climbed 25 to 30 steps with luggage and bags. We reached the top of the flight of stairs to be greeted by a strong marijuana smell, which became stronger as we reached the assigned room located in the middle hall. The room was dirty, smell like smoke, marijuana, and sex. There were handprints on the headboard and weed seeds all over the floor . We moved rooms, which was better. In the second room, I went to lay down only to find a long red blond hair on the pillow and a curly black hair on the bed. I called hotels.com the booking agent, told them about the situation and they asked the hotel owner to refund me, but they would. He refused. I had proof of everything except for the smells, pictures. The owner asked my “Just say in the room. I put you into one of my better rooms. … in the morning I can put you on the lower floor in a better room…. That is my best.” I told the owner this place was not safe or clean. The owner did not reply. Hotels.com rep heard the conversation and asked me to leave without further conversation. I left the hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
chertsey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

The hotel was good and clean with helpful staff situated on the outskirts of Washington DC. Breakfast is basic

Extreme caution needs to be exercised when driving into Washington DC attractions as 3 attempts were made to run us off the road and mug us. Gang culture is present at every inter-section and along the streets on ALL approach roads to the capital including that of Congress Library and Supreme Courts. Local Americans have told me that this is the same on ALL approach roads to the capital

Whilst we felt relatively safe within the confines of the hotel we did not feel safe enough to eat in the restaurants nearby after our experience in Washington

I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel and genuinely felt that it was good value for money

Room Tip: Do not drive into Washington DC - take a cab and pick up an organised sight seeing tour
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We aren't sure what roads you took into DC but assure you the roads we direct our guest to take to visit DC are extremely safe. We would love to see you back again soon and will be happy to print out directions into Washington DC.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

Look at reviews of this hotel, I was excited to stay because of such a good price. All of the reviews praised cleanliness. Do not let those deceive you. Walking in the receptionist was very friendly. I went to my room and sat on my bed I immediately noticed a Reese's cup wrapper by the bed. At closer look I noticed the carpet had not been vacuumed in a while. Splatters of unknown food items all over the wall. Carpet was stained. Blood stains on the linens. We're cleaned. But stained. The walls are PAPER THIN. Breakfast was a joke. All in all I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2014
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, September 22, 2014
I regret that we did not live up to the high standards we set for the hotel and we deliver on a daily basis. The deficiencies you noted were corrected immediately and quality assurance review was conducted with all parties involved. Thank for bringing the issues to our attention.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

An overall good stay for the price. Check in was quick and easy. Service desk was pleasant and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. For the price, is was a very, very good stay. I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind words about our hotel. We have worked very hard trying to provide the best customer service we can to our guests and it means so much to us, when a guest takes the time to give us a great review. We hope to see you again soon..and again, thank you...

Been to Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Address: 7851 Malcolm Rd., Clinton, MD 20735
Location: United States > Maryland > Clinton
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clinton Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge Clinton

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.