“Dangerous roads into Washington DC attractions” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

You added Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7851 Malcolm Rd., Clinton, MD 20735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
chertsey
“Dangerous roads into Washington DC attractions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

The hotel was good and clean with helpful staff situated on the outskirts of Washington DC. Breakfast is basic

Extreme caution needs to be exercised when driving into Washington DC attractions as 3 attempts were made to run us off the road and mug us. Gang culture is present at every inter-section and along the streets on ALL approach roads to the capital including that of Congress Library and Supreme Courts. Local Americans have told me that this is the same on ALL approach roads to the capital

Whilst we felt relatively safe within the confines of the hotel we did not feel safe enough to eat in the restaurants nearby after our experience in Washington

I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel and genuinely felt that it was good value for money

Room Tip: Do not drive into Washington DC - take a cab and pick up an organised sight seeing tour
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We aren't sure what roads you took into DC but assure you the roads we direct our guest to take to visit DC are extremely safe. We would love to see you back again soon and will be happy to print out directions into Washington DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

Look at reviews of this hotel, I was excited to stay because of such a good price. All of the reviews praised cleanliness. Do not let those deceive you. Walking in the receptionist was very friendly. I went to my room and sat on my bed I immediately noticed a Reese's cup wrapper by the bed. At closer look I noticed the carpet had not been vacuumed in a while. Splatters of unknown food items all over the wall. Carpet was stained. Blood stains on the linens. We're cleaned. But stained. The walls are PAPER THIN. Breakfast was a joke. All in all I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2014
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, September 22, 2014
I regret that we did not live up to the high standards we set for the hotel and we deliver on a daily basis. The deficiencies you noted were corrected immediately and quality assurance review was conducted with all parties involved. Thank for bringing the issues to our attention.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

An overall good stay for the price. Check in was quick and easy. Service desk was pleasant and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. For the price, is was a very, very good stay. I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind words about our hotel. We have worked very hard trying to provide the best customer service we can to our guests and it means so much to us, when a guest takes the time to give us a great review. We hope to see you again soon..and again, thank you...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a small group of students. I must say for an Econo Lodge it was very nice. The rooms were great & comfortable. The kids enjoyed it and the staff was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for the wonderful stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience a great one. We truly enjoy have groups stay with us and thank you for choosing our hotel for your group experience.
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was visiting a sick friend a local hospital and needed a place to stay. I can't express how nice my room was at this hotel. Modern design, very clean, and the mattress was so comfortable. The staff was so helpful and friendly and I got a great rate. I was informed that the hotel is under new management and are really trying to spread the word about the their renovations, so I thought by putting my opinion on here, it might help. I will stay here again because my friend will be in the hospital for a month or two.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Kathy,
Thank you so much for your great review, we really have worked so hard to make every guest experience a wonderful one. We are so pleased you liked our new renovated rooms. We hope to see you again soon...and again, thanks so much.
Mazatlan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a moderately priced hotel in the area, and is fairly basic in appearance and comfort. The staff is outstanding--willing to help with any problems. Parking was cloe to the building and well lighted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The place was over priced.The hotel lacked a lot. The staff was awesome!!!!
They carried my stuff upstairs while rest of my crew were at work. Always happy to bring towels. They went out of their way to be helpful even got pans and dishes for the kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Address: 7851 Malcolm Rd., Clinton, MD 20735
Location: United States > Maryland > Clinton
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clinton Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge Clinton

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.