“Great Hotel Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
“Great Hotel Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Checked in late. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly. The room was at an appropriate temperature and very clean when I entered. The bed was amazing and was stocked with amazing pillows. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Comstock Park, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here numerous years ago and it was always comfortable. Still is comfortable but really starting to show it age. Apparently has been sold from the prior owner and the care it used to get is not happening. Room was clean, Beds were comfortable. No hand towels, washcloth or bath mat in the room. Easily solved by contacting the front desk.
Amazing rate for DC area. Will still be my back up when in the DC area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Our stay at comfort inn was an emergency due to plumbing problems at our house. We were able to secure a room for 2 nights. The room was clean and quiet area. The hotel is convenient to shops, restaurants , and DC. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the DC metro area

Stayed February 2015
Camp Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

I work on long term projects out of town so finding a comfortable hotel in good condition with a fair priced is very important for me. After several attempts in the Andrews AFB area I found this hotel. The rooms are in good condition. The staff have been kind and considerate to me which goes a long way when inevitable problems have arisen. No need to go into details but each issue was resolved quickly and fairly which keeps me coming back. If you are looking for a top notch "vacation/luxury" hotel this is not the hotel for you, but if you want a nice hotel to stay at while on business or visiting DC, the location and service is perfect. I've found an interesting mix of people to meet at the hotel from the military, construction, and foreign lands which help make my stays interesting. There is one negative that I just thought of...they don't have a pool...but...the do have a grill and a covered outdoor area for the guests to use.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor are typically quieter.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Temple Hills, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I got married on December 12, 2014 and spent the weekend at the Embassy Suites in Springfield where everything was perfect. I moved on December 14th and this hotel was close to my new place. I paid for my room in advance. The only reason we stayed here was because we did not have gas or electric the day we moved in and our furniture had not arrived. The hotel is run down. There was the smell of weed in the hallways along with shady characters. The room did not have enough towels. The bathroom had a couple roaches and the toilet and shower did not look very clean. The TV reception was horrible. The breakfast foods were a joke. This place is a dump. I would never stay here again and I would never recommend this dump to anyone else.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

The place use to be well taken care of. Animals were only allowed on first floor, Ive stayed three times and animals are on second floor and third floor, Won't stay anymore, I prefer not to sleep in rooms that animals sleep in, I have dogs but I don't want them in my bed and I don't want to walk on carpet that some animal may have pissed or sh-- on.
The place has dropped in quality, At check in the clerks are disinterested in checking you in until there done chatting to there friends that stand around the counter talking about parties and this and that, obviously not guests of the hotel. No professionalism here at all.
Sorry business is gone.

Room Tip: If you have animals this is the place to stay.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Bottom line:
1) You pay for services this hotel can't, or isn't willing to provide;
2) The manager and his staff are very rude and unprofessional;
3) There's obviously a daily lottery for room cleaning and trash removal. You're lucky if you get selected!
4) Hotel in need of renovation;
5) Breakfast items that aren't eaten (boiled eggs/danish/muffins) are put back out the next day, and the next, and the next...

We checked into this hotel for a week and had the most disappointing experience ever--even after the check out.

Evening 1: Checked in; all seemed to be well...until the next morning.

Day 2: Housekeeper came early in the morning; we asked her to return a little later. As we exited the room around 11am, she was waiting in the hall then yelled to her coworker at the other end of the corridor "They FINALLY came out!" Very professional.

Day 3: Left the room at 9am. Returned at 7pm--room had not been serviced at all. Called the front desk and the clerk said there was nothing that could be done because the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. I requested fresh towels and he said "sure." However, he never brought them. Husband went to the desk an hour later and clerk was at the desk 'napping'.

Day 4: Left the room at 10am. Returned at 9pm--room had not been serviced! We were in disbelief! Because of the previous night, I piled all trash in one spot and put all towels in one pile to make it easier for the staff. Everything was still piled as I left them. Called the front desk and the clerk said everyone was gone and he couldn't leave the desk so if I wanted fresh towels (which was the most he could offer), I'd have to come to the desk to retrieve them.

Day 5: As we left the hotel, my husband stopped at the front desk and spoke with the housekeeping supervisor. Rather than being shocked or appalled at her staff's lack of service, she acted as if he was an inconvenience for interrupting her conversation with the desk clerk. None-the-less, he informed her of our lack of service and requested that the room be serviced prior to our return. Can you imagine the look on our faces when we returned at 7pm and everything was just as we left it?!!? I called the front desk and demanded a new room then called Choice Hotels Customer Relations!

Day 6: Customer relations rep called the manager (while I was on hold) then informed me that the manager was going to go to the room to speak with my husband. This never occurred just the same as he never called on the previous days.

Day 7: Housekeeping staff come to room (with lots of attitude and sarcasm). We asked them to take the trash and just simply leave new towels on the counter.

Day 8: Checked out of the hotel from hell!

Called back to Choice Customer Relations regarding my experience; they advised that the manager would call me within 72 hours. The manager called the next day to argue "I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU CALLED THEM BECAUSE THIS WAS RESOLVED. I SPOKE TO YOUR HUSBAND WHEN HE STOPPED BY THE FRONT DESK!" I explained that my husband never stopped by the front desk so perhaps it was another couple with similar complaints that he spoke with. The rude manager insisted that yes it was MY husband that he spoke with so there's nothing else he could do. I was in total dismay....

My last step was to call Priceline.com. Since the week was booked through them, I wanted them to be aware of the service their partnering hotel provided. The Priceline Rep called the hotel to request a 25% refund to compensate for my inconvenience (I did not request this but Priceline thought this was the least that I should receive). The manager "Dave" told the Priceline Rep that there was nothing he could do. He actually told the rep "the housekeeper is old and simply couldn't get to all of the rooms." What in the world?!?!?

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn at Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!