I just got home from a one night stay at Colony South with my daughter. She was in a cheer competition and we stayed due to the forecast for snow at our house. We arrived around 8pm Friday.
1. Front desk check in- the highlight of the experience. Friendly employees. Smooth without a lot of fuss.
2. Dinner - the miserable portion of our experience. We were the only two people in the restaurant which I thought was strange for 8 on a friday, but I know why. The nightclub in the hotel's music is extremely unpleasant when you are sitting in the restaurant. You also have to walk through the club cover line to get to the restaurant. Our server was nice but he took forever to do things which was very irritating when it's in the evening and you are getting tired. The food was mediocre at best especially when you consider the prices. They only had two kids options so my daughter ordered from the adult menu, I paid $70 for the two of us. I don't feel I got what I paid for.
3. Nightclub - I've seen other reviews about the nightclub where the manager states that they accommodate many varieties of people. No. Late night club crowd and families with children don't and shouldn't mix. The nightclub could at least be somewhere where it won't disturb other paying guests. The rude club "rent-a-cop" security guards could stand to be knocked down a few pegs as well. I was confronted rudely by one of them who told me my child was running around the hotel. Long story short, my daughter is too old for that and was in the bathroom where I knew she was. The child running around wasn't mine! Even if the child were mine, being rude to a hotel guest...big no no. I think he could stand a reminder that he's a hotel nightclub security guard and not a presidential secret service man. Just take it down a notch.
4. Incidental charge - I paid in full via expedia for the room before I checked in. After I checked out and we were at the competition, my credit card was declined. I called my bank and they said they identified a suspicious charge on my account. The suspicious charge was the $100 incidental hold that was placed on my card by the hotel without my knowledge at checkin. It's probably buried in the fine print somewhere, who knows, who cares. Additional charges should be conveyed to me verbally. I called the hotel and told the front desk girl to remove the hold immediately and she said the manager would have to do that or I could wait until my bank releases it. Unacceptable. Apparently there is no manager on duty on the weekends, not what I'm used to. I have never had an incidental hold placed on my account without being told so beforehand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Gateway to the Nation's Capital and all Southern Maryland has to offer The Colony features over 195 guest rooms and suites, which are spacious and newly decorated, just minutes from Andrews, Fed-Ex Field, Washington DC, Six Flags and more.With an indoor Pool, Spa and fitness center, you can end the day enjoying a relaxing and sumptuous dining experience in our Wayfarer Restaurant, enjoying a cocktail while listening to live bands in our Decoy Lounge, or begin the day with a fresh cup of coffee & pastry in the morning offered by our Cafe. The primary choice in our region for Weddings and Catered events our elegant Cotillion Ballroom is the perfect setting for a corporate business meeting or the most delicate and beautiful wedding featuring over 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space for any type of event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Colony South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony South Clinton
- Colony South Hotel Clinton