“Great crabcakes” 5 of 5 stars

301-856-3343
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayfarer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 5 and Surratts Rd.
Transit: We offer shuttle service from Branch Ave. metro station to the Hotel for your convenience.
waldorf
“Great crabcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The crabcakes were delectable. The waiter was pleasant and attentive. We didn't have to wait long to be served. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone

Visited June 2014

Buffalo, New York
“Superb Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have had most of the items on the menu but my favorite is the house salad for my appetizer and had the Rib Eye Steak. Great taste and service.

Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“YOU HAVE TO TRY IT NOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was a place my family and I went to often. They have had many different Chefs and yes they have had their ups and downs with good and not so good dinners but my husband and I had dinner there last night (01/15/14) and it was absolutely delicious! I ordered the Bella Chef which is Penne pasta topped with green peppers, grilled chicken, mushrooms, and onions in alfredo sauce and my husband had Shrimp Scampi that was out of this world! Both dishes were very reasonably priced. If you go anywhere in the area or even within 30 minutes of the area you will pay just as much if not more and not get a better dish. As a matter of fact, you will not be able to find a dish as great as this. The only think I would have like to have seen was a salad and bread served with this dish. The amount of serving for the price was huge. We both could have eaten from one plate. We ended up taking the rest of our food home (there was so much) and I ended up booking my mother’s birthday party in one of their banquet rooms, we enjoyed the food that much! The Wayfarer Restaurant has changed for the GOOD and the FOOD IS AMAZING!!! Give it a try for yourself….You will not be sorry. It is so much better than the other Italian places in the area and the price is not bad, trust me on that! My dish was around $16 and my husband dish was $18 and he had a dish full of large shrimp!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Washington, Maryland
“A bit pricey; satisfaction depends on what you order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Overall the price is rather high but I was happy with my meal. I'd recommend trying the place if you're in the area for a few days and aren't too price conscious. I'd definitely give 5 stars if the price was 50% cheaper though.

For appetizers I had the black and blue meatballs and chicken skewers. The black and blue meatballs are outstanding and a must try. Somehow the taste of the meatballs goes well with the texture and taste of the grits. The chicken skewers are good with some extra flavor from the added bacon.

I enjoyed my entree - 2 lump crab cakes with rice and asparagus. I also got the cream of crab soup which is great. I tried the french onion soup which I didn't like but someone else in in the party said it was good (it was my first time and maybe I don't like french onion?).

For desert I had chocolate cake which was the best I've had from a restaurant. I also tried the apple pie which was ok but not worth another try.

The wait staff was as friendly as you'd expect. Professional but nothing special. Overall B+ mainly because of the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Virginia
“not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not a very well maintained place, food was at best luke warm, wait staff not friendly and overall not a clean place will not eat in this place again.

Visited August 2013