“Very pleasantly surprised, great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7800 Ferry Avenue, Located one block from the Virginia gate of Andrews AFB, Clinton, MD 20735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Clinton
Canyon Lake, California
“Very pleasantly surprised, great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had never stayed in a TownePlace Suites hotel before, so this was my first experience in one. I don't know if they are all like this one, but if they are, then I'm going to have to look for them in other places when I travel. I was VERY surprised at how much I liked it. I had business at Andrews AFB which is literally right next to the hotel, but let me clarify that unless you have a military pass to get on base without stopping at the main gate and visitor center, then you can't use the gate that's next to the hotel. However, driving to the main gate as I had to was only a 5 minute drive and was a matter of two streets. The property is completely gated, so you have to have a room key to get in AND to get out. There was also security personnel onsite each night I was there. From the outside, the building looks a lot like many Hilton Garden Inns that I have stayed at. Inside, it's got a small snack shop next to the check in desk. When I arrived i was greeted and offered choice of points or market item for being Platinum. I was also given a hotel welcome basket with chips, peanuts, and some other snacks. As if that wasn't nice enough, I was even asked if I liked wine, as apparently the proprietors of the hotel have a tie in with a vineyard and as such they gave me a bottle of sauvignon blanc wine. I found all of this to be very overwhelming considering I didn't have any expectations besides a room key and finger point toward an elevator. Once to the room I found myself in a small but well laid out studio suite with a full kitchen, full size appliances including microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher, fridge and freezer. Then a living room area in the corner with a lounge chair, an office/work nook with a desk and pull out desk expension with office chair. The bed was adequate, perhaps a bit firm, but I did not mind. They had placed foam pillows in my room before I arrived as I had requested. The bathroom was nicer than averave with the tub/shower with curved shower curtain bar for more room while bathing. The vanity/sink is counter height so there is no issue with it being way down low by your knees if you're tall like I am. The power ports by the end tables near the bed are not built into the lamps, but are pretty close on the wall just next to the dressers. The Air Conditioning and Heating work as hot or cold as you like and are individually controlled. The overall decor is I would say somewhat basic, somewhat plain, but homey and relaxing. There is about a 36" ? flatscreen tv on a cabinet located in a strange sort of spot in the room but it lets you swivel it left for waching it from the office or chair, or swivel the other way to watch from the bed. In the mornings there is a decent hot breakfast, yogurts, juices, fruits, milk, coffee, eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries, and more. I had some quickly before leaving for the day and grabbed a few other items like fruit for lunch that day. There are dunkin donuts located all over the place around base, so I also enjoyed getting coffee from there. I didn't spend much time on base, but you must MUST have either a valid military ID or contractor/access badge to be able to get in without having to go to the visitor center and/or wait for an escort to get you on base. Plan ahead, these things can really hold you up when you're on a time crunch. Anyway, in the evenings, the hotel during some weeknights has a light snack/dinner item like soup or chili. I used it as a way to whet my palatte before deciding what restaurant I wanted to eat at. There are a number of restaurants close by in Clinton, Ruby Tuesday, a Fish Market, and a number of faster food options like KFC and McDonalds. The television channels had most channels I care to watch, which was good. The internet was wireless and it was free, and while sometimes it seemed a bit slow, it certainly got the job done. Every person who greeted me from the front desk to the maintenance folks greeted me in a kind manner and always made me feel at home. Their fitness center looked very nice, had a good deal of weights not just a couple cardio machines, and they had an indoor pool and spa too. There is an onsite laundry facility too. What else can I saw, even the drawers in the kitchen had all the utensils in place, including the wine opener I realized I'd soon need when I tried opening that bottle of wine! Overall, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by this hotel, and I would love to discover that the brand is like this in all of their locations. If you are staying in the area for Andrews AFB, this should be your place to stay. The only downside I have about the brand as a whole is that Marriott Rewards only gives 1/2 the points you would normally earn for your stays, you don't earn 10 points per dollar, you get 5 points per dollar, and it's the same at Residence Inns. I 100% disagree with that model of business, but it is what it is, and likely is not controlled by the folks who run this individual hotel In short- if you have to work at the base and want an easy commute and a clean, homey, safe place to call home, go to the TownePlace Suites Clinton/Andrews AFB.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was here for two months, and I had a blast! All the staff was extremely pleasant and were willing to help with any questions/ concerns I had. My room was spotless my entire stay. Great job by housekeeping. The pictures they display on the internet are exactly how they appear. The General Manager, was present most days and always made sure everything was great with my stay. Breakfast was fine too. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked the TownePlace Suites Clinton so I could be close to work (Andrews) and ideally cook in the room.

The rooms themselves are very small! Although it has a small kitchen area at the entrance, the rest of the room is tiny. I found myself tripping over my luggage on most days as there was no where to place it out of the way and still remain accessible.

The kitchen area is adequate, although despite my best intentions I never cooked there.

The breakfast buffet and evening receptions Mondays-Wednesdays are wonderful! Additionally, there are fresh cookies at the reception desk in the afternoons as well as fresh fruit throughout the day. Moreover, the staff was always very friendly!

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, however it's very expensive and for that reason I probably would not stay here again. You can book a 4 star hotel in the heart of DC with valet parking for the same price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

The hotel is in a GREAT location. My family & I needed a hotel close to my family, to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. This location was approximately 5-8 mins from their home.

The room was spacious and cosy for 3 adults. Our accomodations were just right for our needs.

The breakfast was nice and gave you a variety of options. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

I would recommend this location. It's a GREAT Marriott brand for families. I would come back here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed in several hotels and this is one of the best! It's pet friendly but not in an obvious way. Although I am a pet owner I don't care to be bombarded with signs and traces that a pet is in the building. They offer a cute, small dog park in the rear of the hotel that allows your pet to be leash free and socialize. The amenities are great, to include the free food during their social events. The room is comfortable and homey, and the bathroom exceeds expectations. There's enough light and storage to accommodate everyone. The access to Andrews AFB is phenomenal, couldn't be in a better location! The business center is the best I've experienced. Free fax machine, that isn't behind the front desk and printer and scanner access. As well as multiple computers!

If there were cons they would be minor. They don't offer a laundry basket although it's an extended stay hotel. The lighting for the designated pet area is minimal and the level of security, cameras and gates, would make you think there should be more. The evening parking lot access seems silly. Swipe my key card to leave?! The market has very random items, but they can't stock themselves like a grocery store! The access to the pet area is odd, especially with how long they let the grass grow. Stepping stones or something would improve this. The bathroom sink is a little high, especially for a handicap accessible room, which I was in. As for the nightly rate, it would be nice if the extended stay 15/30+ was actually comparable to others in the area. It's a bit high.

But overall my issues are minor and don't immediately impact the quality of your stay. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2011
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Again a Great hotel! Parking was limited but normal for the area and they did accomodate 2 tractors and a mobile home! The staff, rooms, pool, hot tub, BBQ Grill, Mgr Social and breakfasts were Great!
The Mgr herself was outstanding and made it seem more like a bed and breakfast with the personal touch she added by meeting and talking with all her guests during their visit! Stores close by but walking may not be comfortable.
The price for that area at that time was comparable and I would consider it a Value because of the Amenities and added service given by the staff and its Mgmt.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The staff were so friendly and helpful and the hotel was so cozy I really could just live there for a much longer peiod of time! I really enjoyed my stay there. I want to thank Morgan, Gayle, Charlotte and Ronnie for making my stay extra special. These ladies were so nice and fun they made staying there a very rewarding experience.

Room Tip: Any room there is fine. I wouldn't want to be by the end where the elevator & stairs were...