You added TownePlace Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was here for two months, and I had a blast! All the staff was extremely pleasant and were willing to help with any questions/ concerns I had. My room was spotless my entire stay. Great job by housekeeping. The pictures they display on the internet are exactly how they appear. The General Manager, was present most days and always made sure everything was great with my stay. Breakfast was fine too. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Flying_Far

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked the TownePlace Suites Clinton so I could be close to work (Andrews) and ideally cook in the room.

The rooms themselves are very small! Although it has a small kitchen area at the entrance, the rest of the room is tiny. I found myself tripping over my luggage on most days as there was no where to place it out of the way and still remain accessible.

The kitchen area is adequate, although despite my best intentions I never cooked there.

The breakfast buffet and evening receptions Mondays-Wednesdays are wonderful! Additionally, there are fresh cookies at the reception desk in the afternoons as well as fresh fruit throughout the day. Moreover, the staff was always very friendly!

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, however it's very expensive and for that reason I probably would not stay here again. You can book a 4 star hotel in the heart of DC with valet parking for the same price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly-S-2010
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

The hotel is in a GREAT location. My family & I needed a hotel close to my family, to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. This location was approximately 5-8 mins from their home.

The room was spacious and cosy for 3 adults. Our accomodations were just right for our needs.

The breakfast was nice and gave you a variety of options. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

I would recommend this location. It's a GREAT Marriott brand for families. I would come back here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Xquizit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've stayed in several hotels and this is one of the best! It's pet friendly but not in an obvious way. Although I am a pet owner I don't care to be bombarded with signs and traces that a pet is in the building. They offer a cute, small dog park in the rear of the hotel that allows your pet to be leash free and socialize. The amenities are great, to include the free food during their social events. The room is comfortable and homey, and the bathroom exceeds expectations. There's enough light and storage to accommodate everyone. The access to Andrews AFB is phenomenal, couldn't be in a better location! The business center is the best I've experienced. Free fax machine, that isn't behind the front desk and printer and scanner access. As well as multiple computers!

If there were cons they would be minor. They don't offer a laundry basket although it's an extended stay hotel. The lighting for the designated pet area is minimal and the level of security, cameras and gates, would make you think there should be more. The evening parking lot access seems silly. Swipe my key card to leave?! The market has very random items, but they can't stock themselves like a grocery store! The access to the pet area is odd, especially with how long they let the grass grow. Stepping stones or something would improve this. The bathroom sink is a little high, especially for a handicap accessible room, which I was in. As for the nightly rate, it would be nice if the extended stay 15/30+ was actually comparable to others in the area. It's a bit high.

But overall my issues are minor and don't immediately impact the quality of your stay. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Ashelton88
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Again a Great hotel! Parking was limited but normal for the area and they did accomodate 2 tractors and a mobile home! The staff, rooms, pool, hot tub, BBQ Grill, Mgr Social and breakfasts were Great!
The Mgr herself was outstanding and made it seem more like a bed and breakfast with the personal touch she added by meeting and talking with all her guests during their visit! Stores close by but walking may not be comfortable.
The price for that area at that time was comparable and I would consider it a Value because of the Amenities and added service given by the staff and its Mgmt.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cliffsiler
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The staff were so friendly and helpful and the hotel was so cozy I really could just live there for a much longer peiod of time! I really enjoyed my stay there. I want to thank Morgan, Gayle, Charlotte and Ronnie for making my stay extra special. These ladies were so nice and fun they made staying there a very rewarding experience.

Room Tip: Any room there is fine. I wouldn't want to be by the end where the elevator & stairs were...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MegLUVZ2travel
Clinton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I started out liking the Townplace. It's close to Andrews AFB where I was on TDY for 60 days, the room was ok, the bed was ok and the staff was ok.

Then, my first morning, trying to sleep was impossible. I didn't get to the hotel until 2am and I was trying to get some sleep. There was landscaping going on that woke me up at 7am and the upstairs people were stomping around. I wasn't too upset at this point though...The next day, I came home from Andrews AFB and found the first one, a centipede! I was like "Gross! but I can live with it." But then I started looking at my walls. ***THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION*** I found NINE CREEPY CRAWLY CENTIPEDES within LESS than 10 minutes!!!! I was SOOOOOOOOO freaked out because I don't like bugs. I couldn't stop looking for them because I knew I would find another one! My skin was crawling!! I could not wait to get out of there. I called the front desk to tell them about it and they said, "There is a lot of centipedes in this area." They said they would send a maintenance guy out tomorrow to check it out. I couldn't sleep that night! YUCK! The internet SUCKS too. It kept disconnecting when I tried to watch a movie on Netflix.

This hotel is close to Andrews AFB but is so not worth it. There is absolutely nothing to do around there. There is no shuttle service and the room is nothing compared to the hotel I moved to. I moved to Residence Inn on Duke Street in Alexandria, VA. There is a 15min commute to Andrews AFB but soooo worth it. There is so much to do there and NO centipedes!!! You walk out of the hotel and you are right downtown and there is a shuttle to the Metro service. It is within the per diem price offered for the AF with the exception of parking. My buddy hooked me up with a cheaper parking fee of $5/day. The room is bigger and a lot nicer with a bigger TV. If you are only coming for a couple days, the Townplace is "livable" with the exception of bugs but if you are going to be here longer, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Residence Inn on Duke St Alexandria, VA
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Colony South
Colony South
#3 of 4 in Clinton
3.0 of 5 stars 106 reviews
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area

Been to TownePlace Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews? Share your experiences!